WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

**LAKE MEAD MAN MADE DOOM AND GLOOM ????**

JAA_CBA

Reaction score
Anyone know if you can launch off "ski beach"? Ski races we used to launch off beach. Still possible and if so, how muddy is it?

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Anyone know if you can launch off "ski beach"? Ski races we used to launch off beach. Still possible and if so, how muddy is it?
Danny! Probably very muddy. The water has dropped so fast, not much dry time.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Desal plants are simply nuts. The cost and maintenance is astronomical. And really, it’s only a band aid. I’ve said before, build an aqueduct from the comumbia river, down to the northerun most part of the CA aqueduct system above Lake Shasta. Its only like 400 miles. Then tie it in to the rest of the system all the way down the coast. If we as a nation could build the Erie Canal in 1817, that’s over 360 miles, we could certainly build a modern one from the Columbia river. But since it would solve ALL the water issues in the west, well, we all know it will never be done. The big moneys WANTS water to be a very finite commodity, that way they can overcharge ALL of us for it.
Man, you nailed it on the head. That really makes you sit back and think how really screwed up and corrupt our state government truly is. So many BS claims of "Our state is the 5th largest economy in the world" blah-blah-blah-fucking-blah, give me a fucking break . . . think about how much easier and beneficial an aqueduct as you describe would be over a fucking 'Bullet Train' . . . and 'cheaper' I bet as well ! It makes you almost lose any hope for this sorry state . . . which is probably what they want you to do.

Last edited:

riverroyal

Reaction score
Watched a thing on the news last night. The colorado river will flow into the sea of cortez in a few weeks
Its been nearly a decade.
This is to save the environment near the border in imperial valley

Thats where some of you mead water is going

Last Saturday in the gorge ive never seen the flow that hard.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Interesting...

“At 895 and below, Hoover Dam is unable to pass water by any conventional means. So you would essentially have to pump it out of Lake Mead. That's what we call dead pool,” Bernardo says. “And at dead pool, Lake Mead still has 2.5 million acre-feet in storage, but there's just no way to get it out.”

If the lake declines that much, only the Southern Nevada Water Authority, which supplies Las Vegas, has an intake deep enough to continue pumping water.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
A De-Sal plant was just approved by some committee / county, or some bullshit entity to be built right near my house in Huntington Beach.
I think they are going to use the cooling pipes from the old powerplant that run under PCH and into the ocean.
It still has to get final approval from the Coastal Commission, but I'd venture to say it's a done deal.
The residents of the area have been fighting it for it years with petitions, city council meetings, websites, etc. etc.
I knew it was coming, they just drew-out the inevitable. Someone apparently sucked-off the right person to get it passed.
The thing that gets me is that the water apparently produced will be sent elsewhere and sold for a high price relative to what the water district charges.
So not surprising, it just sounds like a giant money grab rather than a solution to a water shortage.
But you know they will hit you guys with a gnu tax to pay for it

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Watched a thing on the news last night. The colorado river will flow into the sea of cortez in a few weeks
Its been nearly a decade.
This is to save the environment near the border in imperial valley

Thats where some of you mead water is going

Last Saturday in the gorge ive never seen the flow that hard.
So the illegals entering komifornia might actually be able to be called wetbacks?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

AZagpilot

Reaction score
Looks like Mead has stabilized at about 1070 (at least for now). River flows past Mohave Valley/Needles have reduced to seasonal norms. Talked to someone on the water district commission. They said the declaration of tier 1 shortage is scheduled for August. 🧐

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Powell started dropping again a couple of days ago, outflow exceeds inflows, but out flow still not enough to raise Mead. :(

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Soooooo,.... now we know.... this whole ordeal was to cut az off the water supply from the colorado river..... AZ has a problem with no fix... as in they are a train running hard and gonna run out of tracks... So here's whats happened... corp. investers have come to AZ and bough up a huge amount of land,... and from what found,... out of country investers... they bought up huge vacant areas... there's no restriction in place as to how much water they can have,... theey just drill a well, when it runs dry , go deeper.... local of this farm area have now had to re drill their wells, as they have run dry... the farm lands are sucking the water out for free and using it as they please...... and there's no law to stop them... most the profit from these farms is going over seas... I read that they have sucked the ground water over 100',,,, and still pumping,... I aslo heard that az is pumping water from the river back to underground storage.... when They loose 40% of the water from the river....... things are gonna get real bad...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Feds expected to declare official Lake Mead shortage this summer
In the past month, Mead has already fallen below the official threshold of a shortage, which the federal government is expected to declare in August. That will trigger major cuts in water allotments for Arizona, Nevada and Mexico next year. And even bigger water reductions could be forced upon the Southwest if the reservoir continues to drop, which government estimates show is likely.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Soooooo,.... now we know.... this whole ordeal was to cut az off the water supply from the colorado river..... AZ has a problem with no fix... as in they are a train running hard and gonna run out of tracks... So here's whats happened... corp. investers have come to AZ and bough up a huge amount of land,... and from what found,... out of country investers... they bought up huge vacant areas... there's no restriction in place as to how much water they can have,... theey just drill a well, when it runs dry , go deeper.... local of this farm area have now had to re drill their wells, as they have run dry... the farm lands are sucking the water out for free and using it as they please...... and there's no law to stop them... most the profit from these farms is going over seas... I read that they have sucked the ground water over 100',,,, and still pumping,... I aslo heard that az is pumping water from the river back to underground storage.... when They loose 40% of the water from the river....... things are gonna get real bad...

That's last year's news. I think that mess might be still tied up in court?

Long boring read about it...

Would much rather look at your recon pics! You gonna go look this weekend?

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

I was reading about severl who were warning County Supervisors about this situation back years ago and they did NOT take it serious and these Investors did their Homework and Crossed the "T's" and Dotted the "I's" and now Arizona can Sue all they want, but these LLC's followed what was legal at the Time. Piss Poor Leadership.

Water is becoming Way More Valuable than OIL.o_O

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
The view from South Cove today …
425E24B1-F46F-4A81-8E08-06A47BA37FED.jpeg

grumpy88

Reaction score
I was reading about severl who were warning County Supervisors about this situation back years ago and they did NOT take it serious and these Investors did their Homework and Crossed the "T's" and Dotted the "I's" and now Arizona can Sue all they want, but these LLC's followed what was legal at the Time. Piss Poor Leadership.

Water is becoming Way More Valuable than OIL.o_O
The show " killing the colorado " showed this scenerio too.

bentprops

Reaction score
Here is some fuel for the fire, the river is high as all get up, got a call at the storage from the military, wanting to store 2 40' military boats for a long term contract. Seemed odd to me.

Loo Dog

Reaction score
Here is some fuel for the fire, the river is high as all get up, got a call at the storage from the military, wanting to store 2 40' military boats for a long term contract. Seemed odd to me.
Ok I’ll bite. Storage where?

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Calville was down to one ramp.
This guys trailer drove off end of metal extensions
64583504202__B2555238-AD84-4478-9578-0C04C18C11FC.jpg

Was a two hour wait to pull out.
IMG_0748.jpg

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
The Saudi's have bought lots of farms in AZ jbetween parker and Phoenix and are growing feed and shipping back home. Nobody wants to get into the water laws to help fix this problem.

MSum661

Reaction score
Mead down about 3 feet in 3 weeks since the start of June.
Averaging about foot a week.

Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 09-01-04 Lake Mead Water Level History.png

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Sherpa

Reaction score
the biggest problem that is being ignored is about the water........ The hay farming done here, and being shipped overseas is a big business now....... it's not the
issue of "dairies in california have shrunk, so hay is being exported"... it's another issue: again, Water. the saudi's and chineese and certainly grow hay.,..... they
choose not to because their using their water for other purposes..... thats why places in asia, dubai, etc have big money for growth while our stupid country won't
allow a new dam to be built because some eco-nazi can find a 3-peckered spotted f-ing bug that only grows in a 2 mile radius of "insert new requested dam location here".

on I 505 theres a bunch of big hay barns that the office says "Hay Kingdom"............... it's all loaded into connex boxes headed to ship overseas. and the rest of the
farmers run out of water in dry years.....

--Sherpa, Almond farming family

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
The Saudi's have bought lots of farms in AZ jbetween parker and Phoenix and are growing feed and shipping back home. Nobody wants to get into the water laws to help fix this problem.
there's pretty much nothing they can do,... there is no limit to the amount of water you pump out of your well,.... I was just up in salt lake, the news said they upped the peoples water bills 400% to stop people from wasting water on lawns,,, the lady also said it's pretty easy to spot those people, she said if your lawn is green you are wasting water and will get fined...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
also out in that area of az, people that have lived there for years are having their wells dry up,... the farmers keep sucking the water table down with no stop in sight.... something has to happen,... one thing is AZ is gonna loose 40% of their water rights from the river... I bet you see a stop to lawns and pools soon to come... havasu has a 2 meter system,... house water is more than irrigation water right now, because irrigation water returns to the ground..... not positive on pool water if it can be filled with irrigation water though....some one who knows can chime in,... I've been in a constant battle with my wife about putting a pool at our new home, she said either you put the pool in or I will.... I said the day I see a permit for a pool...... the house goes up for sale...she said,... you sell everyting anyways , so why blame it on the pool....

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Also.... as of 6/30/2021... lake mead is at 1068' and they're still dumping.... pretty sure they will go way down and do the boat ramps , then maybe let the water come back up a little.... but,... just my guess, look to see 1050' or less before they stop...

Last edited:

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score

da Nile, a river in USA

steam.gif

is it still a political subterfuge? I see free enterprise and capitalism being the underlying culprits in the recent postings here.

Last edited:

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Ya gotta get rid of the water to dismantle the damn , you all know where this is going .
you could be right, with the bridge in place, I never thought of that, but I do believe thats why they put the deep straw... I believe it actually goes down farther than the 800' mark,... and I believe they can go deeper if needed...

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
part of a 100 year maintenance activity? dredge where necessary, inspect and repair 80 year old concrete, replace old generators, harvest sand and siltborne minerals during the work?

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Also.... as of 6/30/2021... lake mead is at 1068' and they're still dumping.... pretty sure they will go way down and do the boat ramps , then maybe let the water come back up a little.... but,... just my guess, look to see 1050' or less before they stop...

My guy at the Bureau says they expect 1040 now by the end of next summer, or maybe it was summer '23. They had forecast for 1050 but said they just revised a further 10'

More water orders than inflows.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
My guy at the Bureau says they expect 1040 now by the end of next summer, or maybe it was summer '23. They had forecast for 1050 but said they just revised a further 10'

More water orders than inflows.
LMFAO...."FORECAST"....but... now I can see whats happening for sure with the help of the lake graph ...so in 2016 the water level was 1084'... but because of the extreem drought... and water orders (LOL) ... the fk'n lake rose 5' to 1089... in 17 & 18 .... then from 2018, worst drought in the history of the planet,... even more water orders and such.... correct me if i'm wrong... but all that drought for 2 years cause the lake to rise another 10' so it was at 1098' so with every thing the same....no rain... construction still booming..... you're telling me that someone put water orders that took 30' of water out of lake mead in a little over a year????? with today level @ 1068... and a year ago @ 1098,... they predicted that???? and you know they didn't dump it out, even though the river is near flooding,... water goes up the sea wall in havasu...... splane that again LUCY!!!!!

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
LMFAO...."FORECAST"....but... now I can see whats happening for sure with the help of the lake graph ...so in 2016 the water level was 1084'... but because of the extreem drought... and water orders (LOL) ... the fk'n lake rose 5' to 1089... in 17 & 18 .... then from 2018, worst drought in the history of the planet,... even more water orders and such.... correct me if i'm wrong... but all that drought for 2 years cause the lake to rise another 10' so it was at 1098' so with every thing the same....no rain... construction still booming..... you're telling me that someone put water orders that took 30' of water out of lake mead in a little over a year????? with today level @ 1068... and a year ago @ 1098,... they predicted that???? and you know they didn't dump it out, even though the river is near flooding,... water goes up the sea wall in havasu...... splane that again LUCY!!!!!

2016/2017 had a huge snowpack, brought powell up 40 feet, 2017/2018 was light, they dropped a fuckload out of Powell.

From Oct of 2017 to April of 2019 Powell Dropped 60', in that same time period Mead came up 13'.

Do the math. They drop 60' out of powell, and mead comes up 13'.....

Splane that. 🤦‍♂️

LMAO

There is more than one lake brotha, you have to look at the system as a whole, not just cherry pick.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
2016/2017 had a huge snowpack, brought powell up 40 feet, 2017/2018 was light, they dropped a fuckload out of Powell.

From Oct of 2017 to April of 2019 Powell Dropped 60', in that same time period Mead came up 13'.

Do the math. They drop 60' out of powell, and mead comes up 13'.....

Splane that. 🤦‍♂️

LMAO

There is more than one lake brotha, you have to look at the system as a whole, not just cherry pick.
Fuck, you are way harder headed than you Dad told me.... so where did the water go????? all the water that powel dumpped??? well I'll tell you... it went to mead... and then like I said mead just dumped 30' of water in little over a year,,,,, here's how it works,... just so you know... not say'n you will learn or understand, as you argue with the sign post and take the wrong road home.... just think what would happen if you lived in vegas or LA..... but there is no way we used 30' of water... that 30' got dumped out, just like the 150' they dumped out... believe what you want... and justify you own thoughts... but whats going on is ridiculous, the fact that they blame every thing on something else to hide what they do... Oh and tell me again how the FEDS. protect every one and makes sure the gov doesn't do any thing wrong to the people and how transparent they are