WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

**LAKE MEAD MAN MADE DOOM AND GLOOM ????**

hallett21

Reaction score
Your "facts" are a bit off...

Diamond Valley was completed in 2002.

So even though CA has added to it's water storage, it's probably still not enough.

We could definitely use more storage, but the enviro nuts make it real hard to do.
The left wants to tear down dams, but you can bet they will still be washing their cars.

It's ok. It will rain and snow and fill everything back up again. It's kinna the whole purpose of the system, to have water in reserve for dry spells.

It's worked for close to 100 years so far. I'm sure it will work until mother nature takes us out, and the next generation of humans has to start all over again. [emoji6]

CA also has been building concrete enclosed water storage. One off of the 101/134 interchange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pcrussell50

Reaction score
Your "facts" are a bit off...

Diamond Valley was completed in 2002.

So even though CA has added to it's water storage, it's probably still not enough.

We could definitely use more storage, but the enviro nuts make it real hard to do.
The left wants to tear down dams, but you can bet they will still be washing their cars.

It's ok. It will rain and snow and fill everything back up again. It's kinna the whole purpose of the system, to have water in reserve for dry spells.

It's worked for close to 100 years so far. I'm sure it will work until mother nature takes us out, and the next generation of humans has to start all over again. 😉

true about diamond valley. My uncle in law (wife’s uncle) was one of the project leads for Metropolitan Water District on that. He was the one in charge of water quality and he fought to NOT have two strokes banned there. (He lost that fight to politicians who wanted them banned anyway).

anyway, Diamond valley is tiny, and regional. It does not get its water from far away where water is more plentiful. It’s a storage tank that gets water from a place where water is already scarce.

yes, it will rain and snow again like it does every few years and the small regional bathtubs like Diamond valley or oroville in NorCal will fill up. BUT the real sources, the ones that matter, like lake mead and lake Powell will not fill up. They will rise a little. Bery little. But that is all. Then they will fall again like the bathtubs. They will not ever fill up again. Ever. Not with three to five times the population they were built to serve. Period. The only way Mead and Powell will ever fill up again will be if MAJOR infrastructure is built, that takes water from wet areas and moves it too where it’s needed, like the one the bureau of reclamation and the Central Valley authority had planned.

-Peter

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
true about diamond valley. My uncle in law (wife’s uncle) was one of the project leads for Metropolitan Water District on that. He was the one in charge of water quality and he fought to NOT have two strokes banned there. (He lost that fight to politicians who wanted them banned anyway).

anyway, Diamond valley is tiny, and regional. It does not get its water from far away where water is more plentiful. It’s a storage tank that gets water from a place where water is already scarce.

yes, it will rain and snow again like it does every few years and the small regional bathtubs like Diamond valley or oroville in NorCal will fill up. BUT the real sources, the ones that matter, like lake mead and lake Powell will not fill up. They will rise a little. Bery little. But that is all. Then they will fall again like the bathtubs. They will not ever fill up again. Ever. Not with three to five times the population they were built to serve. Period. The only way Mead and Powell will ever fill up again will be if MAJOR infrastructure is built, that takes water from wet areas and moves it too where it’s needed, like the one the bureau of reclamation and the Central Valley authority had planned.

-Peter

Hats off to wife's uncle. 👍👍

But dude, you need to get your facts straight! DV is the biggest storage lake in SoCal...

4.5 miles long and 2 miles wide. It's fucking huge! LoL. It's also 260ft deep at some points. Gotta be some big ass fish down there by now!

Of course it's not Lake Mead and shit, but it's not on the Colorado river either.

If only we could water ski on it. 😕

Tell your wife's uncle, he's my hero. 😊

pcrussell50

Reaction score
Hats off to wife's uncle. 👍👍

But dude, you need to get your facts straight! DV is the biggest storage lake in SoCal...

4.5 miles long and 2 miles wide. It's fucking huge! LoL. It's also 260ft deep at some points. Gotta be some big ass fish down there by now!

Again, the namesake of this thread is Mead. Mead matters. It is 30x the capacity of DV. And that’s just Mead. Not even counting Powell. Those are the big dogs that matter. And they will never recover or even come close to recovering, even in winters wet enough to oveflow the bathtubs like DV and Oroville. Not if the have to water five times the people they were designed for. More BIG projects need to be built. Not little pissants like DV. Projects of the scale of Mead and Powell. Projects that were supposed to be built and then cancelled.

Until that happens, Mead (and Powell) will never recover. Ever. Forgetting about DV for a moment, do you think I am wrong about that?

-Peter

SoCalDave

Reaction score
And yet the Columbia River continues to dump 265,000 cubic feet per second into the pacific ocean...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Again, the namesake of this thread is Mead. Mead matters. It is 30x the capacity of DV. And that’s just Mead. Not even counting Powell. Those are the big dogs that matter. And they will never recover or even come close to recovering, even in winters wet enough to oveflow the bathtubs like DV and Oroville. Not if the have to water five times the people they were designed for. More BIG projects need to be built. Not little pissants like DV. Projects of the scale of Mead and Powell. Projects that were supposed to be built and then cancelled.

Until that happens, Mead (and Powell) will never recover. Ever. Forgetting about DV for a moment, do you think I am wrong about that?

-Peter

Honestly? Yeah, I do think you're wrong. Everything cycles. We have had winters so wet in the past, it over flowed the dams!

If memory serves, it only took six years to fill Powell when it was dead empty. It will never be that low again, so it will never take that long to refill!

Also, they will never completely fill it again, to avoid what happened in 83.

Everything cycles. Life goes on. 😊

Personally, I'd like to go explore all the caves at Mead and Powell, before they are under water again.

My to-do list is mighty long.

pcrussell50

Reaction score
And yet the Columbia River continues to dump 265,000 cubic feet per second into the pacific ocean...

exactly. It was wasted water from the PNW that Central Valley Authority, teamed up with Bureau of Reclamation (the ones who built the Colorado River system we know), to bring to Southern California… until it was canceled by dirty politics.

-Peter

pcrussell50

Reaction score
Honestly? Yeah, I do think you're wrong. Everything cycles. We have had winters so wet in the past, it over flowed the dams!

Yes, we had one four years ago that overflowed the Orovlle Dam, and filled DV from 1/4 capacity, up to nearly full. We get wet winters like that every few years. But guess what? That didn't do diddly for Mead and Powell. Barely a scratch. No wet winter will ever fill the big dogs when they are overdrawn on a constant basis. Otherwise they would fill up again.

Let me try another approach with you. When you get more people and don't build more roads, the roads you have become more crowded. If you don't like the crowding, you build more roads. Iikewise, if you have more people, the water you have gets more used. If you don't like it you need more water. otherwise, the water you have will be more used. it's really simple stuff. And Central Valley and Bureau of Reclamation knew it, nearly 100 years ago when they planned the buildout that they only got 1/3 of the way through before being kneecapped by dirty politics.

-Peter

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Yes, we had one four years ago that overflowed the Orovlle Dam. We get wet winters that fill up the local bathtubs like DV every few years. The one that nearly topped the Oroville Dam, fill DV from 218,000 acre feet up to near capacity at 900+ thousand acre-feet. But guess what? That didn't do diddly for Mead and Powell. No wet winter ever will. They are overdrawn on a constant basis. Otherwise they would fill up again.

Let me try another approach with you. When you get more people and don't build more roads, the roads you have become more crowded. If you don't like the crowding, you build more roads. Iikewise, if you have more people, the water you have gets more used. If you don't like it you need more water. otherwise, the water you have will be more used. it's really simple stuff. And Central Valley and Bureau of Reclamation knew it, nearly 100 years ago when they planned the buildout that they only got 1/3 of the way through before being kneecapped by dirty politics.

-Peter

I understand everything are saying. It's ALL been discussed in this thread pretty well.

To you, the resivours are half empty. To me, they are still half full.

Enjoy your day. 👍

pcrussell50

Reaction score
I understand everything are saying. It's ALL been discussed in this thread pretty well.

To you, the resivours are half empty. To me, they are still half full.

Enjoy your day. 👍

Well glory be! On this we have agreement :) Our lake house in Boulder City is on a part of Lake Mead that has great water for towing sports, but kind of far away from the sandy beaches where we like to lounge and our two little girls like to play. Now, with the low water levels, there are gorgeous sandy beaches much closer to our launch ramp, AND it's so low now it's far below the level of the rotting quagga and zebra mussels so much of the rock and sand is free of them. overall, from a pure recreational perspective, the low levels are more win than lose. so in that respect, I'm with you on the half full bit.

nice chatting, thanks for being civil, and you have a nice day too. :)

-Peter

boatnam2

Reaction score
My 10,000 neighbors yards have never looked more green, my brown one sticks out pretty bad. Doing my part to keep you guys boating.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Im a sucker for compelling documentaries even if they come from whackjobs like Patagonia.
Definitely worth the 1.5hr watch

evantwheeler

Reaction score

But the natives need their salmon runs!

edit: That sounded a bit insensitive. If we don't figure out how to work around the environmental issues, and continue to put the animals we like to eat above us, we'll continue to decline back to the stone ages. The liberals don't get this, but they're all gonna be the ones to die off first because in order to live in the stone ages, one must have skills, take risks, and work to survive, three things they know nothing about.

Last edited:

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
LOL....wtf.... look at the graph.... as soon as the level got where they wanted it to declare the shortage, misterisley the lake leveled off ,and look at how much they were dumping,.. same with powell... ly'n bastards..

Units used in each measurement:
Elevation - Feet above sea level
Change - Feet difference over previous measurement
Content - Acre Feet
Inflow - Average Cubic Feet / Second over entire 24 hour period
Outflow - Average Cubic Feet / Second over entire 24 hour period
All Temps - Degrees Farhenheit
The Water Year runs from October 1 to September 30 of the next year
Acre Feet = 1 * Flow CFS
TP = Total Precipitation

Last 10 August 26th's data records

DATE MEASUREDELEVATIONCHANGECONTENTINFLOW (cfs)OUTFLOW (cfs)HIGH TEMPLOW TEMP
Wed, Aug 26, 20201083.80-0.06103280001206912700107.088.0
Mon, Aug 26, 20191083.440.0110298000n/a14100108.084.0
Sun, Aug 26, 20181078.900.079920000n/a13300103.084.0
Sat, Aug 26, 20171081.130.1310105000n/a9560102.075.0
Fri, Aug 26, 20161074.680.119575000n/a1080096.072.0
Wed, Aug 26, 20151078.08-0.019853000n/a1230095.077.0
Tue, Aug 26, 20141080.990.0410093170n/a986395.075.0
Mon, Aug 26, 20131105.66-0.0212246320153681599772.068.0
Sun, Aug 26, 20121116.610.1013273690167381034499.977.0
Fri, Aug 26, 20111112.430.18126338502656916602108.083.8
Averages of List1089.570.0610832603.0017686.0012556.6098.5978.38

if you look at the release for 2011, they were dumping almost double what they normal do...16602 cfs,.. vs the norm of around 9000 cfs.. cubic ft per second

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
now look at this, look how much water both powell and mead dumpped to get to the shortage level.... and once they got there... look at how low the release is now...

View Acre Feet Last 14 Measurements
Lake Mead is up 0.25 feet over these measurements

if you look at the inflow on this chart, that's how much powell was dumping,..almost twice the normal..same with mead... wouldn't you think during a drought they would just release the min...???

Last edited:

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
and for the 1983 dam over flow,.. I told eveyone it was because powell dumped to much water... of course eveyone laughed....

Fri, Jul 01, 19831220.82260670009260038800n/an/an/a
MINIMUM OUTFLOWSun, Feb 10, 1935688.20n/an/a0n/an/an/a
MAXIMUM OUTFLOWFri, Jun 24, 19831217.74255850006300039300
powel went from 9000 cfs to 92600 cfs

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Lake Mead Water Database (water-data.com)

so there you go folks,... fake drought,... vegas didn't drink the water,.. and az farmers didn't use it, az farmer get water out of AZ land... and have no straws to lake mead...so it has nothing to do with mead and powell water levels......

they dumped the fuc'n lake... and it went down river...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

so there you go folks,... fake drought,... vegas didn't drink the water,.. and az farmers didn't use it, az farmer get water out of AZ land... and have no straws to lake mead...so it has nothing to do with mead and powell water levels......

You're right! There is no drought. It's all made up. They emptied the lakes just to piss everyone off...

Makes perfect sense! I don't know why I didn't realize that before now?

Nobody needs the electricity from the dams. There is more than enough power to go around! All those rolling black outs? Gotta be fake as well.

Nobody needs tourist money either. Fucking cry babies with there stupid house boat rental business. They don't need to make the payments on those! Hell, they don't actually buy them do they? I'm sure they get em for free!

And seriously, who really needs food anyway! I know I could loose a few pounds for sure. 👍

A manufactured drought. It's the only thing that makes sense! 😉

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
So after reading this whole thread , it looks like we have something dubious going on. Based on the egregious activities lately of our govt , there is no question of if , but why ?

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
So after reading this whole thread , it looks like we have something dubious going on. Based on the egregious activities lately of our govt , there is no question of if , but why ?
it's a piss'n match between ca. az BOR and vegas water authority,... way back when it started... WA wanted the land to put a new water facility, BOR wouldn't give it to them, nor let them put in the new straw, but it was in contract that they got the land and straw if the lake was to drop to a certain level.... so they dumped the lake and got the land and straw,.. then they went to AZ and ca. and said,... if we are gonna store water for you in our state, you have to pony up for the cost to do so, ca said ok,.. but AZ told them to pound sand... so when az came to try to claim the water,... WA said it evaporated... vegas WA also wants CA and AZ to do a better job on water conservation, thing like letting foreigners suck the water table dry to export hay, people watering acres of lawn and other waists.. CA and AZ both told WA to mind their business in their own state.... so pound sand.... so wa lowerd the level to cut off some of the water they get by lowering to a fed drought where the feds are taking their water...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
You're right! There is no drought. It's all made up. They emptied the lakes just to piss everyone off...

Nobody needs the electricity from the dams. There is more than enough power to go around! All those rolling black outs? Gotta be fake as well.

Nobody needs tourist money either. Fucking cry babies with there stupid house boat rental business. They don't need to make the payments on those! Hell, they don't actually buy them do they? I'm sure they get em for free!

And seriously, who really needs food anyway! I know I could loose a few pounds for sure. 👍

you are exact right,... they lowered it and didn't give a fuc who it affected,.. long as they got what they wanted...and as far as the power,... they have been planing to shut that down for years,... vegas doesn't need that much power, and they have filled the valleys with solar fields... another pissin match,... you don't wanna pony up help pay to run the Dam... fuc you, you don't get no power... vegas could give 2 fucs about the power shortage in CA.. we hate the lib bastards and their constant trying to total controll people

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
CA is like a big trailer park, they don't care whats legal every where.... they make their own controlling rules and laws....and now want control of all the rest of the states.. not all who leave CA leave to get away,. they are sent out to spread their ways to all states

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
20 years ago when I put this out about what they were doing,.. I got tar and featherd,.. had trolls chasing me aroud the boards for years,.. but the thought was that maybe people would just band together and do something about it...especially boaters, oh, and those that like to shower and drink fresh water...

heres whats coming next... just so you know... their are more places that have rights to water above mead and powell... and guess what.... their gonna start hording it.... which means powell won't be in control of relasing so much water... and neither will mead... next you will see davis dam realeasing less , and havasu doing the same...by the time it gets to parker.... dougbt there is gonna be much left,... there's more to it also....

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
and to add to the stupity of the way AZ water control is, ( pretty sure George washington has kicked all the dirt off his grave by now) not only are they allowing foreigners to suck up all the water for over seas crops,... they are gonna let them sell AZ water to cave creek

at this point, generations of vicksberg and surrounding areas are being forced to move because they have no water , wells are going dry and cost to drill deeper they can't afford...

Last edited:

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
20 years ago when I put this out about what they were doing,.. I got tar and featherd,.. had trolls chasing me aroud the boards for years,.. but the thought was that maybe people would just band together and do something about it...especially boaters, oh, and those that like to shower and drink fresh water...

heres whats coming next... just so you know... their are more places that have rights to water above mead and powell... and guess what.... their gonna start hording it.... which means powell won't be in control of relasing so much water... and neither will mead... next you will see davis dam realeasing less , and havasu doing the same...by the time it gets to parker.... dougbt there is gonna be much left,... there's more to it also....
My philosophy these days is , a govt that purposely unleashes a deadly virus on its own people , will stop at nothing to secure their desires . Amusing thing these days is all the conspiracy theorists that were labeled wackos years ago , are now being found to be credible .

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Ask Steve. He has All the answers. 👍

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score

CA has no straws into mead either... 🤣

Down river to the canals and pumping stations that feed az and ca 🤣🤣

Mead leveled off, they make that work by continuing to drop powell into mead, and then mead lets out that water to downstream.

The water level of one lake by itself is meaningless, you have to look at the balance between powell and mead as a system.

Loo Dog

Reaction score
2FF, there’s one major flaw to your theory. The Vegas water authority has no more control or right to the water in Lake Mead than any other entity or municipality with water rights to it. The geographical proximity to the lake doesn’t make it “theirs” any more than any of the extremely numerous downstream users, most of whom pre-date Vegas entirely and are the reason the dam was built in the first place. In reality, the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California is the biggest player in the game, and always has been. Coincidentally, they are also the largest purchaser of the power produced by the Hoover Dam by a LARGE margin.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
2FF, there’s one major flaw to your theory. The Vegas water authority has no more control or right to the water in Lake Mead than any other entity or municipality with water rights to it. The geographical proximity to the lake doesn’t make it “theirs” any more than any of the extremely numerous downstream users, most of whom pre-date Vegas entirely and are the reason the dam was built in the first place. In reality, the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California is the biggest player in the game, and always has been. Coincidentally, they are also the largest purchaser of the power produced by the Hoover Dam by a LARGE margin.

We'll have none of this common and facts you speak of...

It's a manufactured drought, brought on by the same people that that tried to kill you with a manufactured virus.

No fruit cup, and and night in the box for you. 👎

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
CA has no straws into mead either... 🤣

Down river to the canals and pumping stations that feed az and ca 🤣🤣

Mead leveled off, they make that work by continuing to drop powell into mead, and then mead lets out that water to downstream.

The water level of one lake by itself is meaningless, you have to look at the balance between powell and mead as a system.

And two nights in the box for you.

👎👎

Loo Dog

Reaction score
We'll have none of this common and facts you speak of...

It's a manufactured drought, brought on by the same people that that tried to kill you with a manufactured virus.

No fruit cup, and and night in the box for you. 👎
I’m not bashing Steve, he is passionate about the subject and entitled to his opinions. But facts are facts, and Mead and Havasu only exist because of the need to supply California with water. Origins are what they are, and I find it quite humorous when Vegas or Havasu people bash California and it’s water usage.

What’s going on now with the water level at Mead isn’t a conspiracy in my mind, but to each their own. The massive drop in the last year is kind of a head scratcher, unless it was all from downstream users cashing in their “banked” storage all at once. Somewhat explains the consistency of high flows on the lower river all year. In my opinion, the cutbacks are warranted, and I hope there’s a legitimate reduction in flood irrigation for alfalfa in the future. Especially for alfalfa that’s exported. In the end it won’t matter unless there’s a significant increase in Rocky Mountain snowpack in the near future.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not 😂

GOTTBoat

Reaction score

-Peter
it's a piss'n match between ca. az BOR and vegas water authority,... way back when it started... WA wanted the land to put a new water facility, BOR wouldn't give it to them, nor let them put in the new straw, but it was in contract that they got the land and straw if the lake was to drop to a certain level.... so they dumped the lake and got the land and straw,.. then they went to AZ and ca. and said,... if we are gonna store water for you in our state, you have to pony up for the cost to do so, ca said ok,.. but AZ told them to pound sand... so when az came to try to claim the water,... WA said it evaporated... vegas WA also wants CA and AZ to do a better job on water conservation, thing like letting foreigners suck the water table dry to export hay, people watering acres of lawn and other waists.. CA and AZ both told WA to mind their business in their own state.... so pound sand.... so wa lowerd the level to cut off some of the water they get by lowering to a fed drought where the feds are taking their water...

LOL

Singleton

Reaction score
I’m not bashing Steve, he is passionate about the subject and entitled to his opinions. But facts are facts, and Mead and Havasu only exist because of the need to supply California with water. Origins are what they are, and I find it quite humorous when Vegas or Havasu people bash California and it’s water usage.

What’s going on now with the water level at Mead isn’t a conspiracy in my mind, but to each their own. The massive drop in the last year is kind of a head scratcher, unless it was all from downstream users cashing in their “banked” storage all at once. Somewhat explains the consistency of high flows on the lower river all year. In my opinion, the cutbacks are warranted, and I hope there’s a legitimate reduction in flood irrigation for alfalfa in the future. Especially for alfalfa that’s exported. In the end it won’t matter unless there’s a significant increase in Rocky Mountain snowpack in the near future.

Did you read the article on the Saudi’s. The Saudi government banned farming when the crop is natural resource intensive. So the Saudi’s have purchased over 100k acres in AZ and CA to grow alfalfa and ship is over seas since it can’t be grown in their country due to the water needed.

Loo Dog

Reaction score
Did you read the article on the Saudi’s. The Saudi government banned farming when the crop is natural resource intensive. So the Saudi’s have purchased over 100k acres in AZ and CA to grow alfalfa and ship is over seas since it can’t be grown in their country due to the water needed.
I did indeed read about that, hence my comment about flood irrigation of exported alfalfa. Was exactly my point.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score

Exactly, the Vegas Water Authority has no rights or ability to control the lake levels or do anything other than take their allotment and get credit for what they treat and return. They are the lowest man on the totem pole.

Blubyu

Reaction score
Flew over last Saturday. Not sure which ramp it is but most ramps were basically all out of the of water. Ton of debris floating around in the lake to. Very muddy brown water.
IMG_6798.jpg

Last edited:

Blubyu

Reaction score
Flew over last Saturday. Not sure which ramp it is but most ramps were basically all out of the of water. Ton of debris floating around in the lake to. Very muddy brown water.
View attachment 1043086

Could count on one hand the amount of boats seen out on the water last Sunday as we were flying around it.

Loo Dog

Reaction score
Could count on one hand the amount of boats seen out on the water last Sunday as we were flying around it.
Looks like only a couple. Was never crowded up there to begin with. Now it’s really scarce!
15C6C78D-CCA0-4198-9FC9-C5BE15B34E5D.jpeg

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
View attachment 1043086

South Cove Ramp up in Greg's Basin right by "Big Sandy" and the mouth of the river.

This is the ramp where they lost the loader into the drink a month or two ago.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
you are very free to belive what you want,.. but lets see facts besides racey's opinion.. heres my facts as stated 20 years ago... the guy from the WATER ATHORITY told me that they were gonna drop the lake 150' and it would never see that level again,... there's a pattern to what happens at the lake, just like now,..they wanted to drop to the fed drought level, which they did.. and right after the lake got to that level, geuss what,.. the lake leveled off for 2 mo. straight.... more proof that they control water level to get what "THEY" want... at the rate water was dropping, mead would be at 800' right now if they wouldn't have put the plug back in... water usage at mead didn't drop the level, for if that was true,.. mead would be empty and havasu dry,... the water got dumped out of mead...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Exactly, the Vegas Water Authority has no rights or ability to control the lake levels or do anything other than take their allotment and get credit for what they treat and return. They are the lowest man on the totem pole.
thats not true and you know it.... but see'n how you work for BOR.... I don't trust what gov people say...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
here's what I'd like to know answers from you....

#1..
did the WA tell me in 2000 that they were gonna drop the level 150' ?

#2..

did they tell me that they were gonna close all the ramps and the only one would be hemming way???

#3..
did the lake drop 150?...

#4...

did the ramps all close but hemming way???

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
here's what I'd like to know answers from you....

#1..
did the WA tell me in 2000 that they were gonna drop the level 150' ?

#2..

did they tell me that they were gonna close all the ramps and the only one would be hemming way???

#3..
did the lake drop 150?...

#4...

did the ramps all close but hemming way???

Let's say yes to all of the above. Cause I highly doubt you are lying about this conversation you had.

The bigger question is...

What's the point? What do you believe "they" are trying to accomplish? What's the end game in your opinion?

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
thats not true and you know it.... but see'n how you work for BOR.... I don't trust what gov people say...
Yes Steve, it is true, did you ever think that BOR knew they were taking more water out than was goin in and the knew it was forecast to drop. Water Authority has Zero authority over Mead, they don't run the valves at the dam, BOR does.

Water Authority is SNWA, state county entity, Mead is run by the feds, no some podunk county outfit.

pcrussell50

Reaction score
more proof that they control water level to get what "THEY" want... at the rate water was dropping, mead would be at 800' right now if they wouldn't have put the plug back in... water usage at mead didn't drop the level, for if that was true,.. mead would be empty and havasu dry,... the water got dumped out of mead...

Of course they control the water level. In all the lakes in the Colorado River system. While Mead is low and ramps are down to one lane, launching in mud or steel pipe mat, Mojave is perfectly normal capacity. You do not get that way without "managing" the water level.

The real mystifying question is what happened that CA got so much right to Colorado River system water, when CA was supposed get their water from a gigantic three phase dam and reservoir project to bring water down from the Pacific Northwest. See... Back in 1970 or so, after only Phase 1 was complete, Jerry Brown (his first time around as Governor) cancelled Phase 2 and Phase 3. So CA shot itself in the foot and kneecapped it's main water supply. What I don't know is, after doing that, how did they still get rights to (virtually) all the water they want from the Colorado River system?

In any event, the population has nearly tripled since then, with no new sources of water. Drought or no drought you can't cut off your own water supply AND triple your population and expect there not to be shortages. There will always be shortages until/unless you bring in the water you had originally planned to bring in.

-Peter

Last edited:

pcrussell50

Reaction score
View attachment 1043086

Most of the lake isn't like that though. In fact, other than the launch ramps which are mostly down to one lane and covered with steel pipe mat so you're not on mud, the lake has been clear and blue or blue green, and for us near Boulder City, we don't have to motor as far to find nice sandy beaches. Normally on a fuller lake, we have to go further to reach the sandy beaches. This was the farthest we had to go this summer and it was still on the Boulder City side of Callville. That is NOT mud on the bottom. It's pure clean sand.

29 july 2021 lake.jpg

You won't catch me supporting low lake levels, but the lake experience is actually better for us when it is low like this. Aside from asshattery at the launch ramp when it's down to one lane. Too many husbands doing it all while the wives sit helplessly in the truck. Makes what should be a three minute launch or recovery into a ten minute or more launch and recovery.

-Peter