WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

**LAKE MEAD MAN MADE DOOM AND GLOOM ????**

Loo Dog

Reaction score

That’s your SNWA at the top. Just the tip, just from the straw, just to see what it feels like. Lol

Take note of the source.

53E68DD9-FB08-44EB-A477-EA1384A551A3.jpeg

Wedgy

Reaction score
BoR. So.
Managing water and power shortages in the West.

We're the Federal Government, and we're here to help. Effective resource management, for the good of the body as a whole, for America? Oh hell no. Crisis is control.
Drought in the West? Never let a crisis go to waste. Even if you have to waste to go to crisis.

We call that a clue...

Last edited:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
kinda right,... the fed had "NO" authority till the lake dropped.... now they can shut off the water to the saudi's and make them go home and grow their grass...
No. The feds are the ONLY authority to drop the lake out of the dam. PERIOD.

If the WA were dropping the lake, it was through their straws and against the law as established by the Colorado River Compact.

There Where's and why's are a gray area but the Who's are black and white as far as who controls what asset.

Plus, the Hoover dam straddles the state line so, it's neither owned, operated, nor wholly inside the state of Nevada, nor the basin behind it.

Zero logic nor basis for your assertion of SNWA operating the releases from Hoover Dam.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
A cyclical pattern. Hmm. 🤔 Like the ice ages? OMG we're all gonna die...

Absolutely. Nobody gets out alive.

The only Real question is, how much longer our current group of homosapiens will last.

The earth has been here billions of years. Evidence of previous cultures, thousand of years old, is everywhere.

Only the enviro nuts believe we are affecting the planet. We are temporary. The next ice age will solve all our current issues nicely.

Life is short. Make it sweet!

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Maybe there’s a better explanation of the “conversation” he had with someone back then. I ran across a little tidbit where I found the SNWA didn’t even exist or control the straw and pumping facilities until the early 90’s. Prior to that it was all still run by BOR. The person Steve talked to was more than likely a federale’ at the time, depending on the actual timing.

lol.... I had a meeting with people that are involved in all thats going on,.. I know now the whole story, and the whys,...so if you say bor, blm snwa, and nps,... you would be 100% right... or pic any of the above and still be right... and I know the whys of realeasing the water...but you wouldn't believe I say so we'll leave at you are right... see ya...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
No. The feds are the ONLY authority to drop the lake out of the dam. PERIOD.

If the WA were dropping the lake, it was through their straws and against the law as established by the Colorado River Compact.

There Where's and why's are a gray area but the Who's are black and white as far as who controls what asset.

Plus, the Hoover dam straddles the state line so, it's neither owned, operated, nor wholly inside the state of Nevada, nor the basin behind it.

Zero logic nor basis for your assertion of SNWA operating the releases from Hoover Dam.

well at least your smart enough to go back to cal and work for dad....you just might learn something besides google...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
and here another thing,.. I seen vechs. with SNWA on them,... so here's where I went wrong,..at the meeting, I said the guy was in a brown suit, I was told that it sounds more like he was BLM...

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
well at least your smart enough to go back to cal and work for dad....you just might learn something besides google...
like there was no voter fraud??? not a speck??? wait,... or was there...they could have saved a whole bunch of time and money if they would have just call you...
What the absolute fuck are you talking about?

I guess in your old age you have lost common sense to tell you that a regional water authority has ZERO.... absolutely ZERO authority over the largest FEDERAL dam in the nation

I do not doubt the overall reasoning you are presenting, the WHO.... SNWA has NOTHING to do with it.

Loo Dog

Reaction score
What the absolute fuck are you talking about?

I guess in your old age you have lost common sense to tell you that a regional water authority has ZERO.... absolutely ZERO authority over the largest FEDERAL dam in the nation

I do not doubt the overall reasoning you are presenting, the WHO.... SNWA has NOTHING to do with it.

That’s really the only point I was trying to make. SNWA couldn’t release a droplet of out the bottom of that dam if they begged and pleaded. Zero authority. Not to mention being THE smallest “owner” of water rights in the entire system. Littlest minnow in a really big pond.

Being said, I’m not exactly convinced the current (emergency) cutback level wasn’t reached sooner rather than later on purpose. I wouldn’t put much past the Federal government and their unelected squad of bureaucratic goons. And I was in one of the gun clubs for 20+ years.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
That’s really the only point I was trying to make. SNWA couldn’t release a droplet of out the bottom of that dam if they begged and pleaded. Zero authority. Not to mention being THE smallest “owner” of water rights in the entire system. Littlest minnow in a really big pond.

Being said, I’m not exactly convinced the current (emergency) cutback level wasn’t reached sooner rather than later on purpose. I wouldn’t put much past the Federal government and their unelected squad of bureaucratic goons. And I was in one of the gun clubs for 20+ years.
you are right and i was wrong,.. the part i was right about was that"THEY" dumped mead, saying snwa did it was wrong, but SNWA did play a part,... at least....I was told the reasons for dumping the lake, and not all were just to lower the level, and I also know why they moved the marinas,.. and how the 20 year drought messed with the plan...oh, and go to vegas wash... the people that have nothing to do with mead, have trucks everywhere..anyway,... i'll say it again,.. you were right,,, where i was really wrong was just repeting what I was told and didn't get all the facts that I now have...have a great eve...

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
In my old age???? I my young age I never had to live in grandmas garage, with my family,... and never had to go to dads to get work.. you just want to argue,.. no matter what about.. talk to BOR and ask if they have meetings with snwa to plan what goes on in mead... or better yet get a job, and get rid of your phone.. and that right there is from a 3 time great grand dad...
You want to try insulting someone.... come at them better. I never lived with my grandmother at all, my dad's partner has been recruiting me for years. I have been continuously employed since I was 16. So, wrong on all fronts there as well.

Like I believe MOST of us have been saying this whole time, not really arguing the why. We have all seen the bullshit the government pulls, the only thing me and many others are arguing are the who and we are backing it up with facts. That is it.

rrrr

Reaction score
you are right and i was wrong,.. the part i was right about was that"THEY" dumped mead, saying snwa did it was wrong, but SNWA did play a part,... ... i'll say it again,.. you were right,,, where i was really wrong was just repeting what I was told and didn't get all the facts that I now have...have a great eve...

LMAO 😆

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
this is my post from 2018....looks like az's water is in storage...

Bureau of Reclamation, says on their website Pilot System Conservation Program (Pilot Program)

“From Phases 1 and 2 of the Pilot Program in the Lower Basin, the total expected volume of water conservation in Lake Mead will be 116,636 AF. By the end of calendar year 2017, approximately 93,476 AF (approximately 80 percent) of 116,636 AF will be conserved in Lake Mead. Water conservation will be completed by 2025. The total funding for Lower Basin Pilot Program projects is approximately $18.6 million. The average cost per AF of conserved water in Phases 1 and 2 combined including administrative costs is approximately $160.”

Sadly this “plan” for Arizona to “store” 345,000 acre-feet of water in Lake Mead would evaporate in about six months. Paying for undelivered water (paying for nothing) is irresponsible!

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
does any one know the amount of california water nev is gonna get????

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
so, dumping the polluted water down river, and drying up the vegas wash was who's idea??? and where did they warn the down river people??? was the idea that the bad water was on top??? or like i said 20 years ago, the lake was gonna drop because of the lack of circulation at vegas.. wash... like I said ,.. I know why they moved vegas wash marina... and I do know a whole lot more than I post... wonder if the will use julia roberts when they make the lake mead movie..

The Southern Nevada Water Authority formed in 1991 as an umbrella agency to find and develop in-state and out-of-state water resources for growing Las Vegas.

In 1991 community leaders initiated major water conservation measures for the Las Vegas Valley, the first such restrictions in decades. The effort led to ordinances adopted by cities and the county restricting lawn watering during the hottest times of day.

In the mid 1990s traces of contaminants, including the rocket fuel booster ammonium perchlorate, had been discovered in Lake Mead’s waters. The Water Authority began a comprehensive water quality sampling program and took action to remove perchlorate from the supply of drinking water. Two manufacturers at the BMI industrial complex had made ammonium perchlorate since the 1950s and it had entered Lake Mead through the Las Vegas Wash.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
all though SNWA has nothing to do with the water in lake mead,... just like BLM don't carry fire arms... the "water authority", note the title... is yet another sneaky , like the EPA. agency that seems to though not have the power to do so,.. sure get mentioned alot every where...

Another expansion of the water system, including a “second straw” from the lake, allowed 480 million gallons of water a day treated and delivered by 1997 and up to 600 million gallons per day by 1999. Then drought returned to the Southwest.

From 2000 through 2007 the latest drought caused Lake Mead to drop more than 100 feet as people continued to pour into Las Vegas and its surrounding communities.

Water and weather experts had confirmed in the mid 1990s that Las Vegas had created an urban island producing more heat than the normal desert landscape. The area had warmed a degree or two and nighttime temperatures grew warmer as more concrete and asphalt covered the valley. Warmer air caused more evaporation from Lake Mead, combined with higher drinking water demand from growth.

With the ongoing drought, the West in general is receiving less rain and much smaller winter snow packs in the mountains.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
The Water Authority has prepared a plan to restrict local water use and to build a third straw from Lake Mead. The proposed pipeline will draw water from deeper in the lake, ensuring a more reliable water supply.

In the past, there have been wild schemes to supply fresh drinking water to interior desert cities like Las Vegas. Ideas ranging from desalinating the Pacific Ocean, to delivering water by floating giant rubber bags filled with melting ice from Arctic glaciers. But the plans have been either too expensive or too outrageous.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
this is where I was miss informed...

The Southern Nevada Water Authority formed in 1991 as an umbrella agency

I assumed that umbrella agency, ment that they covered or were over the others,... I never thought to realize, it hasn't rained and we are in a drought... who the fuc needs an umbrella...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
first thing I need to do today is apologize to flying_lavey .....here's why... I formed an opinion ,"HE THINKS HE KNOWS IT ALL" that thought of mine was just that, what I think, had nothing to do with him... I don't even know anything about the guy, I can't make the statement of what he thinks... so with little to no actual knowledge, I formed my own opinion...that he doesn't know anything... what an ASS,...who the fuc do I think I am that makes me think. I know what someone else thinks??? One would think that they would at least know the person that they are talking about...right.... so again I apologize,... now ,, FLYING LAVEY could respond with," I don't like that old fuc... he's an ass... and it would be true.... Sorry buddy,... enjoy...

Ladsm

Reaction score
I am trying to catchup on this. So contaminated water was released (Felt very refreshing in Bullhead this summer) and AZ took its water and hid it underground in a resivoir to keep it from evaporating?

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I am trying to catchup on this. So contaminated water was released (Felt very refreshing in Bullhead this summer) and AZ took its water and hid it underground in a resivoir to keep it from evaporating?
well at least it got rid of all the nasty carp....

rrrr

Reaction score
2FF says he has me on ignore. Otherwise, I'm sure he would apologize to me too, since I've been stating the same facts about who controls Lake Mead levels and Colorado River releases for years. His Lake Mead fairy tales are finally falling apart.

If I wanted to waste more time on the subject, I could post links from http://www.water-data.com/ , which has historical water inflows and outflows on all Colorado River lakes subject to the Colorado River Compact, correlate it with allocations allowed under the Compact and evaporation data, and show that there's no mysterious government plot to drain Lake Mead.

For example, the twelve month 2021 water year started on October 1, 2020 and ends on September 30, 2021. The data shows that as of today, 8,940,061 acre feet, or 99.33% of the 9,000,000 acre feet required to be released annually from Lake Mead during the Water Year under the Colorado River Compact, has gone downstream. It hasn't been "dumped", the Saudis haven't stolen it.

Click on this link, choose Averages by Calendar Year from the pulldown menu, and it will display the average daily Lake Mead inflows and outflows over the year from 1934 to today. There is other data available on the menus. Click the water databases link in the upper left corner of the page and data for all major Colorado River lakes is available.

And for review by the class, this is how the Colorado River water released from Lake Mead is allocated. It's been done this way, with revisions as required, over the 87 years since Hoover Dam became operational.

The 1922 Colorado River Compact and its subsequent revisions dictate the rights and responsibilities of the seven states in the river's watershed. The federal government has a treaty with Mexico which dictates how Colorado River water is allocated to that country.

Note the Compact was promulgated thirteen years before Hoover Dam was completed. Without the successful negotiations of the Senators and Representatives of the seven states and President Harding's signature on the legislation, the Colorado River Compact would not have happened and Hoover Dam would not have been built. Once it was agreed upon, further Congressional actions during the administrations of Calvin Coolidge and Herbert Hoover provided the legislation and funding which allowed construction to begin.

Any changes in the amounts of water allocated or the manner in which storage in lakes Powell and Mead are accomplished must be negotiated through the mechanisms of the Compact or the treaty. The Compact and relevant federal laws are well understood, and all seven states are bound by the Compact's dictates.

Overweight men in Southern Nevada Water Authority pickups don't have any influence on how the Compact is implemented or how much water is apportioned to the states. Whatever one of them might say to a stranger wearing pajama pants and flip flops at a boat ramp doesn't mean a damn thing.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I might need a little help here...

Lake Mead Water Database (water-data.com)

if you look at this graph... it shows in take.. water from powell and out flow, water amount released from mead... if you look at 04/06/2000 the inflow was 8760cfs, the outflow was 15,728, which is 10,837 cfs more water than came in... so they let out more than twice the amount that came in... that is right when the guy said they were going to drop the lake 150',.. now,.. I was wrong to say SNWA did this,... when the fact is, there's a group that was involved... SNWA,BOR,BLM NPS, and the marina's

so please,.. I'm only asking for help from some one InControl of there wits to tell me, or explain to me... how dumping twice and some time 3 time the water coming in out, wasn't draining both lakes??????? and why did they continue till the lake dropped to the level to where they could take away water rights down river..... should be easy for most to see what happened... but if i was wrong, and they never released more than was supposed to be released why does it say that they did infact dump the lake.... I know there are gonna be thousands of replies... but other than a select few,. I will read them all..

Loo Dog

Reaction score
The easiest way to make sense of it is to look at total annual inflows. The annual outflows are fairly constant. Looking at a single day where three times more was let out than came in tells you nothing.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
MSN...now that's a reliable and unbiased news source.

Right?

It's somewhat acurate. But the truth is, Everything in that article has been discussed repeatedly in this thread. And from Reliable sources.

I'm not sure why Steve is still beating this horse? It's confusing to me what he's trying to accomplish at this point.

🤷🏻‍♂️

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Right?

It's somewhat acurate. But the truth is, Everything in that article has been discussed repeatedly in this thread. And from Reliable sources.

I'm not sure why Steve is still beating this horse? It's confusing to me what he's trying to accomplish at this point.

🤷🏻‍♂️
math doesn't lie,... so it's hard for me to not look at the math...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
math doesn't lie,... so it's hard for me to not look at the math...

Actually, it does...

My wife took a Statistics class in college. She would show me all kinds of different ways to use the Exact same numbers and display them in such a way, that the end user would see what the creator of that particular statistic wanted you to see. Crazy there is a college class to decipher this sorta thing eh? Just goes to show you how confusing hard numbers can be.

I've never looked at numbers the same way since then. You have to look much deeper than just what's on the surface.

You're hyper focused on what YOU see, and are unable to see the bigger picture.

The easiest way to make sense of it is to look at total annual inflows. The annual outflows are fairly constant. Looking at a single day where three times more was let out than came in tells you nothing.

This right here is a straight forward answer.
Racey has been telling you the same thing since the start of this thread, but you don't want to listen to him.

I've posted too many articles to count for you to read, but you shrug them off as opinion, and not fact.

So this will most likely be my post trying to direct you to see the big picture.

I truly feel like you have zero interest in understanding how the storage system actually works. You just want to prove you're not wrong.

🙂

rrrr

Reaction score
I might need a little help here...

Lake Mead Water Database (water-data.com)

if you look at this graph... it shows in take.. water from powell and out flow, water amount released from mead... if you look at 04/06/2000 the inflow was 8760cfs, the outflow was 15,728, which is 10,837 cfs more water than came in... so they let out more than twice the amount that came in... that is right when the guy said they were going to drop the lake 150',.. now,.. I was wrong to say SNWA did this,... when the fact is, there's a group that was involved... SNWA,BOR,BLM NPS, and the marina's

so please,.. I'm only asking for help from some one InControl of there wits to tell me, or explain to me... how dumping twice and some time 3 time the water coming in out, wasn't draining both lakes??????? and why did they continue till the lake dropped to the level to where they could take away water rights down river..... should be easy for most to see what happened... but if i was wrong, and they never released more than was supposed to be released why does it say that they did infact dump the lake.... I know there are gonna be thousands of replies... but other than a select few,. I will read them all..

I'll try again. Do this:

Click on this link, choose Averages by Calendar Year from the pulldown menu, and it will display the average daily Lake Mead inflows and outflows over the year from 1934 to 2021.

http://lakemead.water-data.com/index2.php

The data in the Averages by Calendar Year is an average for the daily inflow and outflows year in the table.

For example, in the Calendar Year table, in 2012, the average amount of inflow water every day for the entire year was 12,538 acre feet. The average amount of outflow water every day for the entire year was 12,929 acre feet. That's a daily deficit of 391 acre feet. That figure multiplied times 365 days equals the yearly deficit for 2012 of 142,715 acre feet.

This deficit is typical, some years are positive, some years have significant deficits. Over the last twenty years, the net deficit equals the quantity in acre feet that the lake level dropped, after evaporation calculations are done.

Evaporation calculations are a function of lake surface area and surface temperature, 24 hour ambient temperatures, 24 hour humidity, and 24 hour winds. The values are collected automatically, coefficients are applied, and the amount of water lost to evaporation is calculated every 24 hours.

You are looking at the wrong end of the lake level equation. There wasn't more water released than was supposed to be under the agreement, the amount of water entering the lakes was insufficient to maintain the lake level after the required releases.

As for this comment of yours:

"I was wrong to say SNWA did this,... when the fact is, there's a group that was involved... SNWA,BOR,BLM NPS, and the marina's."

You're still wrong. The water released from Mead went to California, Arizona, Nevada, and Mexico. Water in the upper watershed went to Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, and New Mexico.

The SNWA gets their water from Nevada's allotment.

Try to educate yourself.

Last edited:

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Actually, it does...

My wife took a Statistics class in college. She would show me all kinds of different ways to use the Exact same numbers and display them in such a way, that the end user would see what the creator of that particular statistic wanted you to see. Crazy there is a college class to decipher this sorta thing eh? Just goes to show you how confusing hard numbers can be.

I've never looked at numbers the same way since then. You have to look much deeper than just what's on the surface.

You're hyper focused on what YOU see, and are unable to see the bigger picture.

This right here is a straight forward answer.
Racey has been telling you the same thing since the start of this thread, but you don't want to listen to him.

I've posted too many articles to count for you to read, but you shrug them off as opinion, and not fact.

So this will most likely be my post trying to direct you to see the big picture.

I truly feel like you have zero interest in understanding how the storage system actually works. You just want to prove you're not wrong.

🙂
still confused.... what part of the horse are you kicking??? where you are wrong,.. I listen to racey, I know racey,... very intelligent , he lives there and knows what is going on...

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score
So what yure saying is that all the people on here that have stated: I have never seen the river flowing this high, in the 15-50 years I've lived here, every day from early spring up until the day they declared a water emergency are just stupid liars and the government numbers are gospel.
Nothing to see here, the people who live 1000's of miles away know what's going on.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Flew over last Saturday. Not sure which ramp it is but most ramps were basically all out of the of water. Ton of debris floating around in the lake to. Very muddy brown water.
View attachment 1043086

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
is the new ramp going where the dirt roads are right above the old ramp????

1631319732089.png

rrrr

Reaction score
So what yure saying is that all the people on here that have stated: I have never seen the river flowing this high, in the 15-50 years I've lived here, every day from early spring up until the day they declared a water emergency are just stupid liars and the government numbers are gospel.
Nothing to see here, the people who live 1000's of miles away know what's going on.

All I have to do is access the Bureau of Reclamation release figures to date for Water Year 2021 to show that no matter how long someone has watched the river flow by, they can't accurately discern the amount going downstream. By the terms of the Colorado River Compact and the United States treaty with Mexico, a minimum of 9,000,000 acre feet must be released from Lake Mead between October 1 and September 30 of each Water Year.

Below are the release figures to date. As noted, the amount is near the minimum, which occurs every year. So yeah, over here 1,000 miles from the dam, I know more about how much water has gone downstream than "all the people on here."

Total releases for water year 2021: 8,940,061 acre feet

This is 99.33% of minimum required release of 9,000,000 acre feet

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Please don’t discount Ole Steve as a conspiracy theorist , a lot of them days are being proven to be factual ! 😎

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
people are happy when they read stuff the media and gov post.... easier for them to attack anyone who try's to tell them they are being lied to... anyway... it's all water under the bridge so to speak....

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
All I have to do is access the Bureau of Reclamation release figures to date for Water Year 2021 to show that no matter how long someone has watched the river flow by, they can't accurately discern the amount going downstream. By the terms of the Colorado River Compact and the United States treaty with Mexico, a minimum of 9,000,000 acre feet must be released from Lake Mead between October 1 and September 30 of each Water Year.

Below are the release figures to date. As noted, the amount is near the minimum, which occurs every year. So yeah, over here 1,000 miles from the dam, I know more about how much water has gone downstream than "all the people on here."

Total releases for water year 2021: 8,940,061 acre feet

This is 99.33% of minimum required release of 9,000,000 acre feet

The thing is "the government lies" or "vast conspiracy" have been litigated ad naseum, Arizona has sued CA multiple times in the Supreme Court to get absolute clarity on both the water allotments, and transparent accounting of the water deliveries as they essentially alleged CA and USBR was being deceptive. The USBR per one of the rulings is required to provide detailed water delivery reports every year as part of AZ vs CA supreme court case from the 60s i believe (Some of the cases go as far back as the 30s). The water accounting reports even state on the first page "In accordance with Arizona v. California"

So if there was any major tom foolery you can bet your ass Arizona is gonna take it straight back to the court because they are the first state to lose major amounts of water from any "fabricated" drought" and they would have an absolute winning case against both the USBR and the state of CA for any cheating and deception taking place in the lower basin district.

rrrr

Reaction score
The thing is "the government lies" or "vast conspiracy" have been litigated ad naseum, Arizona has sued CA multiple times in the Supreme Court to get absolute clarity on both the water allotments, and transparent accounting of the water deliveries as they essentially alleged CA and USBR was being deceptive. The USBR per one of the rulings is required to provide detailed water delivery reports every year as part of AZ vs CA supreme court case from the 60s i believe (Some of the cases go as far back as the 30s). The water accounting reports even state on the first page "In accordance with Arizona v. California"

So if there was any major tom foolery you can bet your ass Arizona is gonna take it straight back to the court because they are the first state to lose major amounts of water from any "fabricated" drought" and they would have an absolute winning case against both the USBR and the state of CA for any cheating and deception taking place in the lower basin district.

Yep.

I was going to post the same comments. Arizona and California closely monitor the releases. Federal law requires the Bureau of Reclamation to report water releases from the dam, as well as submitting inflow and outflow figures on every other dam and lake in the Colorado River watershed.

The story repeated by 2FF for years about his encounter on a boat ramp and the passage of "secret" information was comical to begin with, and now that he has figured out the SNWA has no control whatsoever over any aspect of water releases, he still can't admit the episode was meaningless and that he has no idea how it all works.

He thought SNWA operated Hoover Dam. He had no idea the Colorado River Compact existed, and didn't know the seven states had water rights. He's completely ignorant of how the overall legal structure of the Colorado River basin works. He doesn't even know which lakes and rivers drain into the Colorado River watershed.

Until yesterday, 2FF didn't know that water-data.com existed, and that it provides a huge amount of US government statistical information about the Colorado River basin, both current and historical. His response to that revelation:

2FORCEFULL said:
people are happy when they read stuff the media and gov post.... easier for them to attack anyone who try's to tell them they are being lied to... anyway... it's all water under the bridge so to speak....

According to him, we don't know the US government is lying about the operating statistics of one of the largest river watersheds in the US. In spite of the fact the river provides water to millions of Americans for drinking water and agriculture, that Mexico receives water under a treaty ratified by the US Senate, and that the operation of the river basin is under close scrutiny because of a 20 year drought, 2FF is the only person in the US that knows what's really going on.

Water-data.com isn't the only source for information about the Colorado River basin. The United States Geological Survey's Utah Water Science Center operates the Colorado River Basin Studies project, which provides information about every aspect of the 246,000 square mile Colorado River watershed. The project has specific data for the Water Year statistics of the upper and lower Colorado River basin. Inflows and outflows for every river and lake in the basin are provided in annual reports. This is the 2020 water year report for the UCRB:

If one was so inclined, study of the document would reveal the exact amounts of water that flowed into Lake Mead and out of Hoover Dam in 2020. All lies, according to 2FF.

The USGS Utah Water Science Center website is the best source of information about the subject.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

I have no doubt in my mind that if anybody knows whats going on at mead it's you... thanks for sharing and posting

Loo Dog

Reaction score
Yep.

I was going to post the same comments. Arizona and California closely monitor the releases. Federal law requires the Bureau of Reclamation to report water releases from the dam, as well as submitting inflow and outflow figures on every other dam and lake in the Colorado River watershed.

The story repeated by 2FF for years about his encounter on a boat ramp and the passage of "secret" information was comical to begin with, and now that he has figured out the SNWA has no control whatsoever over any aspect of water releases, he still can't admit the episode was meaningless and that he has no idea how it all works.

He thought SNWA operated Hoover Dam. He had no idea the Colorado River Compact existed, and didn't know the seven states had water rights. He's completely ignorant of how the overall legal structure of the Colorado River basin works. He doesn't even know which lakes and rivers drain into the Colorado River watershed.

Until yesterday, 2FF didn't know that water-data.com existed, and that it provides a huge amount of US government statistical information about the Colorado River basin, both current and historical. His response to that revelation:

According to him, we don't know the US government is lying about the operating statistics of one of the largest river watersheds in the US. In spite of the fact the river provides water to millions of Americans for drinking water and agriculture, that Mexico receives water under a treaty ratified by the US Senate, and that the operation of the river basin is under close scrutiny because of a 20 year drought, 2FF is the only person in the US that knows what's really going on.

Water-data.com isn't the only source for information about the Colorado River basin. The United States Geological Survey's Utah Water Science Center operates the Colorado River Basin Studies project, which provides information about every aspect of the 246,000 square mile Colorado River watershed. The project has specific data for the Water Year statistics of the upper and lower Colorado River basin. Inflows and outflows for every river and lake in the basin are provided in annual reports. This is the 2020 water year report for the UCRB:

If one was so inclined, study of the document would reveal the exact amounts of water that flowed into Lake Mead and out of Hoover Dam in 2020. All lies, according to 2FF.

The USGS Utah Water Science Center website is the best source of information about the subject.

Come on, enough is enough. We all get it, for the most part.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
first thing I need to do today is apologize to flying_lavey .....here's why... I formed an opinion ,"HE THINKS HE KNOWS IT ALL" that thought of mine was just that, what I think, had nothing to do with him... I don't even know anything about the guy, I can't make the statement of what he thinks... so with little to no actual knowledge, I formed my own opinion...that he doesn't know anything... what an ASS,...who the fuc do I think I am that makes me think. I know what someone else thinks??? One would think that they would at least know the person that they are talking about...right.... so again I apologize,... now ,, FLYING LAVEY could respond with," I don't like that old fuc... he's an ass... and it would be true.... Sorry buddy,... enjoy...
I just saw this. I appreciate it Steve and I have no issue with you at all and enjoy what you post.

And I think we are ALL in agreement with this...... Anybody who thinks any branch if the government is on the up and up after this past year and a half should be buying property in Yuma expecting it to go up in value when California sinks into the ocean... lol!