WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

**LAKE MEAD MAN MADE DOOM AND GLOOM ????**

rrrr

Reaction score
Come on, enough is enough. We all get it, for the most part.

When I post information about a subject, someone calls me a "fuc'n idiot", and it turns out that individual doesn't know his ass from a pumpkin, I'm going to have a little fun discussing the issue.

From the beginning, ol' Secret Squirrel has been clueless about who controls Hoover Dam. His claims about SNWA suits telling him the secret, that they were going to "dump" the lake, are ridiculous. The SNWA has no control whatsoever over the dam. They're a flea on the ass of an elephant.

avatars-000541995810-s5augi-t240x240.jpg

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I just saw this. I appreciate it Steve and I have no issue with you at all and enjoy what you post.

And I think we are ALL in agreement with this...... Anybody who thinks any branch if the government is on the up and up after this past year and a half should be buying property in Yuma expecting it to go up in value when California sinks into the ocean... lol!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
here's one for you, and this is just what I've heard, and really know nothing about... I keep hearing the there is a major problem with the powell dam,... something about the silt or some thing like that eroded the base???? could it be that they are going to lower the lake there to fix it???? and at the same time I keep hearing that there is a group that wants to take it out??? I gotta tell ya buddy, all I know , or think I know is just what the news and media spreads,...so far, nobody thats really involved has stepped up and told the truth.. I seen on tv where washington (saint george utah) wants to take a lions share out of the river for housing tracts,... all the homes have huge grass lawns...they claim it's their water that they haven't used for years???

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
As the West bakes, Utah forges ahead with water pipeline

As the West bakes, Utah forges ahead with water pipeline - E&E News (eenews.net)

"The Lower Basin is going on a diet, and the Upper Basin is going to an all-you-can eat buffet," said Zach Frankel of the Utah Rivers Council. "The Lake Powell Pipeline exemplifies that."

"Pretending we have a surplus is disingenuous," he said. "Everyone knows there is no surplus."

Its argument: Utah and the river’s other Upper Basin states currently deliver more water than required to the Lower Basin states of California, Nevada and Arizona. Utah, it says, has a right to some of that extra water.

posts like this make me believe that they have released more than normal water from hoover dam... and also make me believe that they are playing a game of chess with the water and who gets it,.. there definitely is a drought situation going on, but I believe it was is like the toilet paper shortage , states are grabbing what they think is theirs...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
To Kuhn, the pipeline is just one move in a complicated game as the basin states begin negotiating new river operations due in 2026.

"This is very early in a chess match," he said. "These large municipal districts are lining up their strategy to make sure as the river continues to diminish because of climate change, they have access to the most senior rights — and those senior rights are agriculture. If you have the pipelines and canals in place, you’re in good shape."

“They want to get this done before it’s impossible to get done," he added. "They may have missed that window. Twenty years ago, the project would be under construction or built.”

this is why I don't believe the water disappeared, and there's a trap door... hoover dam.... so it's my understanding that the treaty of 1922 expires??? and renegotiations will happen 2026...

RD asked me why I was so passionate about the water situation, here's why... it's like Bullwinkle say'n to rockey watch me make a lake disappear,... look what happened to mexico, could it be that if they suck all the water out of the river before havasu and parker, that lake havasu will become havasu creek??? if you wanna stop something from happening, you have to do something "BEFORE" it happens... but men are creatures of habit and that why there are so many divorces, guys wanna stop the divorce right after they get served

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I'm not trying to claim I know any facts about the water deal,.. I'm trying to learn the truth...

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
here's one for you, and this is just what I've heard, and really know nothing about... I keep hearing the there is a major problem with the powell dam,... something about the silt or some thing like that eroded the base???? could it be that they are going to lower the lake there to fix it???? and at the same time I keep hearing that there is a group that wants to take it out??? I gotta tell ya buddy, all I know , or think I know is just what the news and media spreads,...so far, nobody thats really involved has stepped up and told the truth.. I seen on tv where washington (saint george utah) wants to take a lions share out of the river for housing tracts,... all the homes have huge grass lawns...they claim it's their water that they haven't used for years???
I know there are a few groups that think the Glen Canyon dam should come down but, as usual, offer ZERO ideas for replacement water storage. I wouldn't imagine the Army Corp of Engineers would ever build a concrete dam on top of anything BUT bedrock and haven't seen or heard of any dam complications for Glen Canyon.

As far as Utah stuff, I have no idea whats going on up there. It seems the Mormon bubble is strong. lol!

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I know there are a few groups that think the Glen Canyon dam should come down but, as usual, offer ZERO ideas for replacement water storage. I wouldn't imagine the Army Corp of Engineers would ever build a concrete dam on top of anything BUT bedrock and haven't seen or heard of any dam complications for Glen Canyon.

As far as Utah stuff, I have no idea whats going on up there. It seems the Mormon bubble is strong. lol!

It's built into sandstone walls, not rock. Sandstone is porous and the higher the lake level is, the greater the water pressure at the bottom trying to force it's way through the porous sandstone...

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
It's built into sandstone walls, not rock. Sandstone is porous and the higher the lake level is, the greater the water pressure at the bottom trying to force it's way through the porous sandstone...
Huh. I thought they blasted away to denser rock. I guess not. That is quite interesting they'd build a dam on Sandstone.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Huh. I thought they blasted away to denser rock. I guess not. That is quite interesting they'd build a dam on Sandstone.

Check out what happened to the tunnels in 1983. Slight design flaw.
( It's a kid narrator, but good archived footage)

Dan'l

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score

I think they may have actually blasted down to bedrock at the base (but don't quote me on that) but the wall are most certainly in sandstone.

Remember, it's a gravity arch dam, it's not required to be "anchored" into the sides, the sheer weight of the concrete itself is what holds the dam back. The arch part means the water pressing against the dam puts it into compression making it "press" harder into the sides of the canyon the more water head it holds back.

Loo Dog

Reaction score
So the Waltons basically bought and paid for control of BOR in the Biden admin. Fuckin’ great. If these assclowns pull off the privatization of water, we can all just bend over and grab ankle. Next level of subjugation.

OkHallett270

Reaction score
If I remember correctly there was something the Obama admin pushed or tried to push through the back door that basically gave the feds ultimate say so in all water. When I say all water it was like even rainwater collected in a puddle was under federal jurisdiction. I’m not necessarily for billionaires controlling water rights, but I’m sure as hell against the government controlling it. We all see how well that has gone over the course of the last 20 years or so here.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
If I remember correctly there was something the Obama admin pushed or tried to push through the back door that basically gave the feds ultimate say so in all water. When I say all water it was like even rainwater collected in a puddle was under federal jurisdiction. I’m not necessarily for billionaires controlling water rights, but I’m sure as hell against the government controlling it. We all see how well that has gone over the course of the last 20 years or so here.
I'm not sure of the name of the legislation, some water act, but Trump did away with it, But Biden reinstated it.:rolleyes:

pcrussell50

Reaction score

It was called “Waters of the US”, and it did basically what you said. Obama was a man of the state, and The idea behind it was to take as much state control of private land as possible. So if you had land with a low spot that tends to collect water during storms or rainy season or seasonal snow melt, or full time water like a pond, it gave the government more say in what you can and can’t do with it.

===

Sounds like the Waltons are pushing the inevitable. When supply is not grown to meet demand, (more and more people moving to the southwest while the BOR Phase 2 and Phase 3 water infrastructure plans were cancelled), sooner or later the laws of supply and demand that every one of us learned on day one of grade school economics, will assert themselves and prices will have to rise, no matter who is in charge and what “system” of rationing you like.

The only sustainable way out of this can never happen today, and that is to finish the infrastructure that the BOR and the Central Valley Water Authority had originally planned back in around the same time they were planning out the Colorado River system we already know. These people knew what they were doing. Kneecapping their plans over dirty politics was a bad decision decision back in 1970, and we are paying the price, today. Surprise!

-Peter

rrrr

Reaction score

Correct. Now farmers can again be prosecuted and fined $10,000 per day by the EPA for damming a small.stream on their property to make a stock pond.

grumpy88

Reaction score
It was called “Waters of the US”, and it did basically what you said. Obama was a man of the state, and The idea behind it was to take as much state control of private land as possible. So if you had land with a low spot that tends to collect water during storms or rainy season or seasonal snow melt, or full time water like a pond, it gave the government more say in what you can and can’t do with it.

===

Sounds like the Waltons are pushing the inevitable. When supply is not grown to meet demand, (more and more people moving to the southwest while the BOR Phase 2 and Phase 3 water infrastructure plans were cancelled), sooner or later the laws of supply and demand that every one of us learned on day one of grade school economics, will assert themselves and prices will have to rise, no matter who is in charge and what “system” of rationing you like.

The only sustainable way out of this can never happen today, and that is to finish the infrastructure that the BOR and the Central Valley Water Authority had originally planned back in around the same time they were planning out the Colorado River system we already know. These people knew what they were doing. Kneecapping their plans over dirty politics was a bad decision decision back in 1970, and we are paying the price, today. Surprise!

-Peter
They could eliminate 10 of millions of the south west population by securing the border and deporting the illegals . Getting rid of birth right citizenship would slow the population growth as well . Water may not be as big of a problem if immigration was under control

PaPaG

Reaction score
:mad: This country is doomed to fall to the left and their complete and total control of EVERYTHING unless things change and soon!!! What the F happened to America the FREE, the land that we LOVE? I Pray we get her Back!

pcrussell50

Reaction score
Not caught up on the latest in this thread, but it looks like almost every ramp is closed but Hemenway and Echo Bay. What I want to know is several things:

1) With Callville deemed unrepairable and now closed, WhyTF don't they spend the extra money on opening the second lane at Hemenway?

2) Reduce boat registration fees by the number of lanes no longer open: two at Temple Bar, One at Hemenway, two at Callville, two at Boulder, one at Echo. So two lanes open out of ten normally. So each boat reg fee reduced by 80% from last year.

3) BUT the bigger question is, since they already extended Hemenway 20 years ago by a lot, WhyTF don't they extend it again, another quarter or half mile? Maybe then can use some of the money they saved when they cancelled the Phase 2 and Phase 3 water projects (Lake Mead/Powell/Mojave/Havasu were Phase1 of three other major projects that were originally planned). So now CA population has tripled, the rest of the southwest (Phoenix and Vegas), have quintupled, and we are having to make do with one third of the water we were supposed to have.

-Peter

MeCasa16

Reaction score
I’m tempted to drag the boat up there because I want to see it. Every time I fly into Vegas, it breaks my heart to see. When we land to the west our base turn is right over the marina and I get a spectacular view. We used to keep a boat in Vegas and boat on Mead all the time before we bought our place in Havasu. I sure hope the mismanagement pivots before it’s too late.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Not caught up on the latest in this thread, but it looks like almost every ramp is closed but Hemenway and Echo Bay. What I want to know is several things:

1) With Callville deemed unrepairable and now closed, WhyTF don't they spend the extra money on opening the second lane at Hemenway?

2) Reduce boat registration fees by the number of lanes no longer open: two at Temple Bar, One at Hemenway, two at Callville, two at Boulder, one at Echo. So two lanes open out of ten normally. So each boat reg fee reduced by 80% from last year.

3) BUT the bigger question is, since they already extended Hemenway 20 years ago by a lot, WhyTF don't they extend it again, another quarter or half mile? Maybe then can use some of the money they saved when they cancelled the Phase 2 and Phase 3 water projects (Lake Mead/Powell/Mojave/Havasu were Phase1 of three other major projects that were originally planned). So now CA population has tripled, the rest of the southwest (Phoenix and Vegas), have quintupled, and we are having to make do with one third of the water we were supposed to have.

-Peter
I'll bet you not 1 Ranger / park attendant has been laid off ...maybe relocated . I remember when they dragged the dock out of the water with a tractor at Hemminway years ago during a Govt shutdown . They PULLED the dock out of the water !!

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score

-Peter

Once they got your money, they will never give any of it back.

Prime example when I was in komifornia, I would get a 1k dollar tax refund. Then 6 months later I would owe the exact same amount as my tax refund.