WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake mead may actually be closed in 2020

94essex

Reaction score
Or at least south cove launch ramp. Local newspapers saying the NPS is lookin at getting rid of the launch ramp in meadview/south cove. I for one am disappointed in this, its where we typically launch as its the ramp closest to the house.

94essex

Reaction score
Or at least south cove launch ramp. Local newspapers saying the NPS is lookin at getting rid of the launch ramp in meadview/south cove. I for one am disappointed in this, its where we typically launch as its the ramp closest to the house.
Theyre having a meeting the 10th of December going over everything in kingman that ill be attending to see whats up.

guest hs

Reaction score
Slow down here don't start a title like that. (The lake is going to be closed) lets rename this thing that one of launch five launch ramps may be closing until water levels rise. This is what the news does and gets the whole county thinking that the lake will be closed not a good thing to be starting a rumor about.

nordic454

WWW.METALWORXLV.COM
Reaction score
funny. Every year there is talk like this. The lake level rises and falls EVERY single year about the same levels. I for one don’t tend to listen to all of the politics behind it, as I’ve lived 10 miles away, and boat there close to every weekend from March-Nov for the boat 10 years, and it is always the same spots at the same time of the year.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
The snowpak graphs are actually the same as 2017 but a couple of weeks earlier, which is great, keep your fingers crossed.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
Slow down here don't start a title like that. (The lake is going to be closed) lets rename this thing that one of launch five launch ramps may be closing until water levels rise. This is what the news does and gets the whole county thinking that the lake will be closed not a good thing to be starting a rumor about.

So are you saying Parker is actually open too???

Slats

Reaction score
Oh no. We should all sell our boats. And just sit on the shore and think of days gone by when the lake had water.

94essex

Reaction score
It was a joke I've been going to mead for the last 20 years or so and have heard something to this variation just as long. I'm not a fear mongering fake news spreading kinda guy especially when the source is the kingman daily miner. I figured most people woulda got the sarcasm on this forum about a whole lake being closed. I was wrong. So yes 1 out 5 ramps might close in 2 or more years depending on water levels...itll be ok its just the internet

94essex

Reaction score
Oh no. We should all sell our boats. And just sit on the shore and think of days gone by when the lake had water.
That was my thought but i figured ill just get a roll bar boat and head to parker.

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
What cracks me up about Mead discussions is people suggest they won't go because they're worried about hitting obstacles. Even today, the Lake is still 300+ feet deep and over 200 all the way back to Temple Bar. It doesn't matter where you boat, Lake depth always starts at zero.

94essex

Reaction score
Im not worried bout going its more so only one lane at south cove is usable as of the summer and its pretty tight to the bank. It actually drops off a lot better then temple as far as launching.

nordic454

WWW.METALWORXLV.COM
Reaction score
What cracks me up about Mead discussions is people suggest they won't go because they're worried about hitting obstacles. Even today, the Lake is still 300+ feet deep and over 200 all the way back to Temple Bar. It doesn't matter where you boat, Lake depth always starts at zero.

I’ve hit more shit on the river than I ever have at Mead. Just learn to read the water. Light water=shallow

Last edited:

94essex

Reaction score
If they did get rid of the south cove ramp it would really hurt the town of meadview. Place is full of crazy people so it may be a blessing lol