WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Mead ramps

liv4riv

Reaction score
  • Hemenway Harbor - 1 lane on pipe mats. No boats over 24 feet. (At a 5 % grade only shallow hull vessel's should be launched here - due to low water conditions.)
  • Callville Bay - As of Thursday, March 24, Callville Bay is closed indefinitely due to foundational and topography issues along the Bay's boat launch ramp.
  • Echo Bay - 2 lanes on cement. No boats over 40 feet.
  • Boulder Harbor - Closed due to low water levels.
  • Temple Bar - Closed due to low water levels.
  • South Cove - Closed until further notice. Launching is available off the dirt road south of the launch ramp. Four-wheel-drive is recommended.

Riverryder

Reaction score
Can’t believe they wasted all that money at hemmingway I know this was going to be the result. It’s always been so shallow there. They should have found a steeper entry.

But I’m grateful that the guys worked hard and paved the dirt so you only have to go thru some dirt to get to the pipe mats

69hondo

Reaction score
I would say go rent a slip and leave your boat but at this rate you may not be able to get it out soon.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Yep, I'd say last March was the last time my boat will be on Mead most likely unless things turn around. Never been to Echo Bay but seems like a hell of a drive to get where you're able to launch.

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
"It's a great day at Temple Bar" damn I miss those call ins. I called last June -ish she said it was closed.:confused:.......... South Cove dirt launch:oops: We'll see.

Riverryder

Reaction score
Ugh. That means we'll be getting Vegas morons on Mohave again this year. Hopefully the gas prices help keep them away.
If mead dries up. Everyone is screwed means mohave and havasu are going to be impacted!

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
It would be nice if 1983 returned. The water line was near the bathrooms at South Cove, the overflow spillways were in use at Hoover Dam. This is so bad on so many levels. Liked to travel on the boat to Iceberg canyon too.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Mead won't dry up. There is still the spring runoff to come and snowpack was apparently pretty decent this year. If anything, they'll hold it in Powell to get that back up to decent levels, but they won't let Mead fall below power generation capability at Hoover.

Levels could and probably will stay low enough to impact the boat ramps at Mead which is where my idiot Vegas friends come into play at Mohave.

Don't come to our beach when we're having a nice quiet afternoon, park five feet away from us, and start blasting shit rap music. Not how it works on Mohave.

liv4riv

Reaction score
Unfortunately no slip available at callville Bay

94essex

Reaction score
Crazy 2 years away trucks were parked all the way up to the bathrooms at south cove when the Nevada side shut the ramps down due to covid lol. I know people have been using the dirt ramp and wasn't to bad. If you can launch you'll have a whole lot of lake to yourself especially with temple being shut off to on the south cove temple side

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Which ramp had the tractor incident last year? Did they ever fish it out?

prorider

Reaction score
Mead won't dry up. There is still the spring runoff to come and snowpack was apparently pretty decent this year. If anything, they'll hold it in Powell to get that back up to decent levels, but they won't let Mead fall below power generation capability at Hoover.

Levels could and probably will stay low enough to impact the boat ramps at Mead which is where my idiot Vegas friends come into play at Mohave.

Don't come to our beach when we're having a nice quiet afternoon, park five feet away from us, and start blasting shit rap music. Not how it works on Mohave.
Not sure what makes you think snowpack is good. Have been riding western Colorado and snow is less than last year. Powell came up 2 1/2 feet last year. Forecast is warm and dry next 3 months. All lakes above Powell are lower than last year. Flaming gorge has decent water but snowpack up there is terrible. It’s looking like a disaster and government will do nothing until Powell and mead are drained. We need a miracle.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Was at Hemenway today. What a mess. 4 trucks deep 45 mins to retrieve. End of the dock is probably 3 feet deep.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Not sure what makes you think snowpack is good. Have been riding western Colorado and snow is less than last year. Powell came up 2 1/2 feet last year. Forecast is warm and dry next 3 months. All lakes above Powell are lower than last year. Flaming gorge has decent water but snowpack up there is terrible. It’s looking like a disaster and government will do nothing until Powell and mead are drained. We need a miracle.
Well, word on the street is that snowpack is better than last year. Roughly 99% of median overall. Last year was around 89% of median. See here:

In fact, the Gunnison basin (one of the main feeds to the Colorado river) is at 109%. I'd call that decent. Still not enough to completely recover drought conditions, but not "the sky is falling and we're all fucked" conditions either.

There is recovery to be made and proper management of the water resources would definitely help, but good luck on that one.

mothershipper

Reaction score
Sucks that Mead is pretty much closed 😁 .......................

prorider

Reaction score
I live in southwest Colorado and it’s almost laughable that they have us at 102 % of average. Government can’t even run snotel sites.

Pelon

Reaction score

On a positive note, some of the models are predicting a wet early April! This is the 7 day total ending Sunday April 3rd! That is a lot of moisture for all of the Upper Colorado River Basin!

1648944000-xYKoEW1Ncb8.png

pcrussell50

Reaction score
Thankfully we have a variety of boats including a small one, a 13 foot Whaler and a 4wd Xterra. So might be looking at launching from “unimproved” launches. Shamefully, even though we have had a home in Boulder City for the past 11 years, we have no idea where the spots are where we can launch from sand or beach?

Anyone ideas?

-Perer

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Thankfully we have a variety of boats including a small one, a 13 foot Whaler and a 4wd Xterra. So might be looking at launching from “unimproved” launches. Shamefully, even though we have had a home in Boulder City for the past 11 years, we have no idea where the spots are where we can launch from sand or beach?

Anyone ideas?

-Perer
If this shit keeps up………Lake of the Ozarks!!

pcrussell50

Reaction score
One of the rangers at mead a couple of years back said that it’s hard to rely on so-called averages because they re-index them. Seems like 2014-17 Colorado western slope was between 120-130% of average and after four years of that, that becomes the “new average”. So if you have a snowfall like 2013 or something, you are now classified as “30% below average”. The problem with that the Colorado river system is that it wasn’t meant to handle the whole southwest by itself. It was just phase 1 of a three phases system that was meant to support 65 million in the southwest. But Jerry Brown back in 1970 or so canceled the phase 2 and phase 3 water projects. Since then, CA has tripled in population and the southwest as a whole quintupled. A wet year might slow things down a bit. But the current system will never be able to keep up. Period.

-Pe

Riley1

Reaction score

Anyone ideas?

-Perer
Saw a sign directing pwc’s and small boats to “PWC beach” yesterday. Many people launch pwc’s there
10A10613-3589-42F2-834A-F9A862E013C5.gif

Thinking we might be launching the Bahner there this summer.

Some people launch at kingman wash also. But I haven’t been there

pcrussell50

Reaction score
It’s looking like a disaster and government will do nothing until Powell and mead are drained. We need a miracle.
Even that won’t fix it. We need to build the rest of the water projects that were originally planned. But that can’t happen in this day and age. So yes. A miracle is about how the only hope.

-Peter

pcrussell50

Reaction score
Saw a sign directing pwc’s and small boats to “PWC beach” yesterday. Many people launch pwc’s there View attachment 1113895

Hey thanks mate :)

Are you my old bahner buddy from a few years ago? Ours is going great. Love it. Hopefully we get to use it again this year

-Peter

Riley1

Reaction score
Hey thanks mate :)

Are you my old bahner buddy from a few years ago? Ours is going great. Love it. Hopefully we get to use it again this year

-Peter
Yes. We chatted here and on S&F.

Also in Boulder City now. You can see my Bahner boat from Utah street.

pcrussell50

Reaction score
Yes. We chatted here and on S&F.

Also in Boulder City now. You can see my Bahner boat from Utah street.
We are down off Pacifica… the last street down 93 before Hemenway. Cool. When did you grab a BC house?

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Mead won't dry up.
Why do we as a boating community even have to mention this ? Why do we fear our peace , tranquility and day at a beach will be ruined ? Have we sunk that low as humans that our goal for the day is to be as obnoxious and foul as possible??

Riley1

Reaction score
We are down off Pacifica… the last street down 93 before Hemenway. Cool. When did you grab a BC house?
3 years now. I’m on the corner of Del Prado with the American Flag in the back.

Didn’t @PaPaG just move from that area?

Riley1

Reaction score
@pcrussell50
I just changed the plugs and fired it up on Friday. Having a problem with the trim but it’s still drivable. Need to get these boats out together sometime. I’d love to get a chance to look at yours to see if they were built/rigged the same.

pcrussell50

Reaction score
3 years now. I’m on the corner of Del Prado with the American Flag in the back.

Didn’t @PaPaG just move from that area?
How’s your bahner? Iirc you got a new boat a few years ago? Got some hull damage on the rocks?

I’d be super curious if you got a good launch of your bahner at PWC beach. Because that means we could launch ours :)

-Peter

pcrussell50

Reaction score
@pcrussell50
I just changed the plugs and fired it up on Friday. Having a problem with the trim but it’s still drivable. Need to get these boats out together sometime. I’d love to get a chance to look at yours to see if they were built/rigged the same.
Yours had windshield and a swim step iirc. Ours doesn’t have either. Wish we had a swim step. We have two little girls who love to jump in and swim

Riley1

Reaction score
Yours had windshield and a swim step iirc. Ours doesn’t have either. Wish we had a swim step. We have two little girls who love to jump in and swim
“HAD” a swim step. Wasn through bolted and ripped out. I’d like to add some billet steps. Just haven’t assigned a priority number to that item yet.

Yeas, we bought a 24’ Lacey 6 years ago and run that on the bigger water.

We use the Bahner primarily north of needles or in Blythe.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Why do we as a boating community even have to mention this ? Why do we fear our peace , tranquility and day at a beach will be ruined ? Have we sunk that low as humans that our goal for the day is to be as obnoxious and foul as possible??
For some people, that appears to be exactly the goal. I don't know why. Guess it's probably because they just don't have a clue how their actions impact others. Raised in a self-centered social media society where the only focus is "me".

PaPaG

Reaction score
We recently closed on selling our house the next street up from you in waters edge on the corner. Lived there for 11 years, loved BC, amazing town, great folks and neighbors, cool town.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Saw a sign directing pwc’s and small boats to “PWC beach” yesterday. Many people launch pwc’s there View attachment 1113895

Washboard road into Kingman Wash is terrible. Pwc beach is solid. People launch new double ski trailers all the time.

pcrussell50

Reaction score
We recently closed on selling our house the next street up from you in waters edge on the corner. Lived there for 11 years, loved BC, amazing town, great folks and neighbors, cool town.
What a small world? We are in water's edge, front row across the street from the river mountain trail parking lot. We have owned that house for 11 years so we must have bought around the same time you did. Where did you move too?

-Peter

PaPaG

Reaction score
What a small world? We are in water's edge, front row across the street from the river mountain trail parking lot. We have owned that house for 11 years so we must have bought around the same time you did. Where did you move too?

-Peter
Crazy we never met. We built a house on the river down in Mohave Valley. Love it down here it's like vacationing full time even though I still work a bit.

pcrussell50

Reaction score
Crazy we never met. We built a house on the river down in Mohave Valley. Love it down here it's like vacationing full time even though I still work a bit.
Even more of a coincidence! Wife’s grandparents lived in Mohave Valley over not far from the dirt track oval. They eventually passed in 2011 when we bought in BC. Mohave Valley was just too out of the way for us, sadly. We loved it there though. As I’m sure you know