WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Mead towing

AEA

Reaction score
Is there somebody like Vessel Assist or Sea Tow that serves Lake Mead?

mothershipper

Reaction score
PrimeCut to the courtesy phone please.... My brother Scott ( PrimeCut ) will know, pm him.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
There is no Sea Tow or Vessel Assist service on Lake Mead... The National Park Service Rangers, Fish & Game Wardens, County Sheriffs or US Coast Guard "MAY" tow you in. Furtheremore, depending on where you launched from, where you are at, and where the above boat came from, your tow can get real expen$ive, real quick.

Why is there no Tow Service? Since Lake Mead is a National Recreation Area (Federal Gov't) companies like ST & VA have to be approved by the NPS to operate.

Been boating on Mead my entire life, and Towed back many of people, and even been towed myself.

Reactions: AEA

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
There is no Sea Tow or Vessel Assist service on Lake Mead... The National Park Service Rangers, Fish & Game Wardens, County Sheriffs or US Coast Guard "MAY" tow you in. Furtheremore, depending on where you launched from, where you are at, and where the above boat came from, your tow can get real expen$ive, real quick.

Why is there no Tow Service? Since Lake Mead is a National Recreation Area (Federal Gov't) companies like ST & VA have to be approved by the NPS to operate.

Been boating on Mead my entire life, and Towed back many of people, and even been towed myself.

Something must have changed as we have Vessel Assist on Lake Mohave, Katherine's Landing and Lake Mo is part of the Lake Mead National Park.

They have a permanent spot on Marina 3 and I regularly see 2 tow boats tied there.

I dunno what changed...

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Something must have changed as we have Vessel Assist on Lake Mohave, Katherine's Landing and Lake Mo is part of the Lake Mead National Park.

They have a permanent spot on Marina 3 and I regularly see 2 tow boats tied there.

I dunno what changed...

They are there...we called last
Time out [emoji57]

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score

I dunno what changed...

Didn't know there was Vessel Assist on Lake Mohave. I do know VA and Sea Tow operate as a Franchise, and if the owner of the VA, has gone through the Commercial Use Authorization approval process with the NPS to operate on within the Lake Mead Nat Rec Area, he can operate on both lakes.

My guess is as to why there isnt a VA on Mead would be the cost.

They are there...we called last
Time out [emoji57]

Mead or Mohave?

PaPaG

Reaction score
Been boating at Mead for over 20 years and never have I seen a vessel assist or sea tow on the water. Up until 2 years ago the wildlife rangers or sometimes the volunteer coast guard guys would have to tow you in, it it was the Rangers they would charge you a grip to tow across the lake (Been boatless and have not had the time to get on the water in the past 2 years so things could have changed for the better). Easy to find out call the Marina in Boulder.

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Didn't know there was Vessel Assist on Lake Mohave. I do know VA and Sea Tow operate as a Franchise, and if the owner of the VA, has gone through the Commercial Use Authorization approval process with the NPS to operate on within the Lake Mead Nat Rec Area, he can operate on both lakes.

Mead or Mohave?

Housing for Captains and crew also plays into the feasibility of a franchise. Rick (franchisee) runs Needles and Lake Mohave, has discussed housing opportunities with me several times.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

Mead or Mohave?

Mohave