WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

** LAKE MEAD WHAT IF???***

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
As far back as 2000 when "THEY" Started resolving lake mead problems...

Few here know of the problems of Mead then, and what "THEY" did to resolve the situation...
and as it was not a concern that "THEY told the public... here's some of the problems...

way before the year 2000,.. las vegas wash was in trouble... the amount of sediment was filling the bay... they knew that they had to move the marina or it would end up stranded on land and not be able to move out on the water..as of now, the water that enters lake mead at vegas wash, goes through retension basins and collects the sediment before lake las vegas, and goes under lake las vegas if yoy go out there,... there is a river/ stream of water that goes in to vegas wash... the sediment is slowly filling the mouth of the lake and had that big area for it to fall out of the slow moving water... which in turn cleans it self befor it get to the main body of mead...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
So the what if part...

What if BOR..NPS...WA...BLM.. had meetings to discus the problems, and what to do..so first... here are some of the problem to be addressed... and to save feeding the trolls, lets keep it as "WHAT IF"... and not attack those that believe different,... keep an open mind... and believe me when I say,.. doing research is not reading it on the internet and copy pasting it on RDP... I for one have been out to mead since 1957... I've been to meetings, and went out to the areas of critical concern.... I have eye witnessed the problems,... and the fix's... and can tell you this,...What they did, was a major improvement...

problems

Vegas wash filling with sediment...

vegas wash, stewarts point (overton) stagnate water, pollution , mossikitos , fish dying ,

vegas wash bay,... huge litter problem, diapers, mondelo and corona bottles , and constant crime area for NPS..

high lake level loosing billions of AF of water to evaporation

concerns..

What if it was agreed by all, the lake level needed to lower... and doing so would make the end result better for all.. and what if they knew that if they told the news what they were doing,...it would be way more problems that they didn't need.. but lowering the water ment,... a new straw for vegas would have to be put in...

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I don’t know why they haven’t ask for some fed$ start at Overton clean up the bottom maybe add a road on the other side ( already one from mesq ) it’s going to come back up

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
so here we are,2021, lake is at about 1067, funny,... it was dropping like whores panties, then all of a sudden... it quit dropping.. it has stayed at that level for over 3 months.... water is crystal clear, beaches every where...but... they didn't keep up with the infrastructure to make boating accessible, and I for one have always believed that those in controll of mead don't like boaters and the problems they bring.. drunks fighting , reckless drivers, lives lost...people with no concern of the peacefull enjoyment of other,.. and demand that you do what they do or leave.. the days of dropping anchor and sitting under the bimini top and enjoying a sandwich and a cold one are gone...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I don’t know why they haven’t ask for some fed$ start at Overton clean up the bottom maybe add a road on the other side ( already one from mesq ) it’s going to come back up
lake mead will never return to the level it was......too many wrong things happen.. overton was a major problem.... the water stunk bad... all kinds of growth polluting the water.. that and the amount of water loss to evap...

also,... the bottom isn't the problem... it's the shallow water with no current..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
so here is my prediction... THEY will continue to drop mead to the 1050 level... at that level, most all of vegas was will be dry... that area was always a high crime and litter area for the NPS, now you have to hike for miles to get to the water... as with the rest of mead, most of it is boats only... with vegas wash gone......so goes the litter and crime..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
here's another thing,...I was at mead and caught the fishermen dumpping 50 drums of bright green stuff in the bay,... looked like antifreeze... when asked what the fuc??? they said that the water was too clean and it stunt the growth of the fish,.. so they were feeding the fish...next year..... algae bloom ,... but check this out.... since they dropped the lake ... no more algae bloom.... now... mohave has the algae bloom problem,.. next will be havasu,.. and then parker...

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
USED TO STAY AT LAS VEGAS BAY CAMP GROUND IN THE EARLY 90'S. IT WAS A 150 YARD SWIM ACROSS THE BAY. I THINKS IT'S A COUPLE MILES FROM THE LAKE NOW. I WONDER IF THE CAMPGROUND EVEN OPEN ANYMORE? (oops sorry for the caps lock lol)

Runs2rch

Reaction score
USED TO STAY AT LAS VEGAS BAY CAMP GROUND IN THE EARLY 90'S. IT WAS A 150 YARD SWIM ACROSS THE BAY. I THINKS IT'S A COUPLE MILES FROM THE LAKE NOW. I WONDER IF THE CAMPGROUND EVEN OPEN ANYMORE? (oops sorry for the caps lock lol)
Campground is still open. Rode my bike that way a few days ago. There is a huge boat storage there now also.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
So the secret plan is to lower the lake levels to the point were the majority of users can't easily access it. Thus eliminating many of the pollution issues and security problems.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
We were at Calville Bay last month. This is a pic of an alternate ramp they are using.

And a pic looking down the main ramp that is high and dry.

Crews were preparing to push the docks out 100’ more feet.

190A8F5E-60EA-48AB-B812-24BAC59C63BD.jpeg
EEB85A09-0328-48DB-827C-44B7FF64ABB1.jpeg

HBCraig

Reaction score
So the what if part...

What if BOR..NPS...WA...BLM.. had meetings to discus the problems, and what to do..so first... here are some of the problem to be addressed... and to save feeding the trolls, lets keep it as "WHAT IF"... and not attack those that believe different,... keep an open mind... and believe me when I say,.. doing research is not reading it on the internet and copy pasting it on RDP... I for one have been out to mead since 1957... I've been to meetings, and went out to the areas of critical concern.... I have eye witnessed the problems,... and the fix's... and can tell you this,...What they did, was a major improvement...

problems

Vegas wash filling with sediment...

vegas wash, stewarts point (overton) stagnate water, pollution , mossikitos , fish dying ,

vegas wash bay,... huge litter problem, diapers, mondelo and corona bottles , and constant crime area for NPS..

high lake level loosing billions of AF of water to evaporation

concerns..

What if it was agreed by all, the lake level needed to lower... and doing so would make the end result better for all.. and what if they knew that if they told the news what they were doing,...it would be way more problems that they didn't need.. but lowering the water ment,... a new straw for vegas would have to be put in...
Few people know Steve what was happening. I was camping at Stewart's Point from birth to about 30 years old or so. I can fondly remember skiing to Overton Marina for chili dogs then playing on the epic sand beach through the cut up toward the Virgin River.

Most people didn't even know where or what Stewart's Point was. Also, they didn't know there was an entire community of house there that got their water from Lake Mead

liv4riv

Reaction score
They will be moving the docks at Callville starting on October 18th (cutting off the water and electric to docks and no gas on water) they are projecting the lake to drop to 1050 by May 2022.
2 lanes to launch right now the right lane is the good one. The current ram is going to be extended but after the 1050 mark they need another ramp.

House boat or boats over 35ft will have to be put in and taken out at Hemmingway or the new ramp that is proposed at Echo bay.
No house boats can be launched or retrieved at Callville .

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Few people know Steve what was happening. I was camping at Stewart's Point from birth to about 30 years old or so. I can fondly remember skiing to Overton Marina for chili dogs then playing on the epic sand beach through the cut up toward the Virgin River.

Most people didn't even know where or what Stewart's Point was. Also, they didn't know there was an entire community of house there that got their water from Lake Mead

You have any pics from back then??

I've always wondered what Overtons was like, back in the day.

TCHB

Reaction score
Lake Las Vegas should be the new Havasu. Launch and idle over to the hotel area doc and drink. Get a hotel room at the Hilton, dinner and have a nice evening. idle back the ramp and go home
5CB10224-6792-47A9-ADAA-B0053598EE2C.jpeg

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

I was probley there when you were... bunch of my construction buddys had house's there,,,,

liv4riv

Reaction score
No doom and gloom it will just be a different shore line lake more beaches.

When Havasue drops then it will be a different story and when they change the release amounts this will happen.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
They will be moving the docks at Callville starting on October 18th (cutting off the water and electric to docks and no gas on water) they are projecting the lake to drop to 1050 by May 2022.
2 lanes to launch right now the right lane is the good one. The current ram is going to be extended but after the 1050 mark they need another ramp.

House boat or boats over 35ft will have to be put in and taken out at Hemmingway or the new ramp that is proposed at Echo bay.
No house boats can be launched or retrieved at Callville .
when "THEY do the next drop, the entrance to vegas wash will be only about 8' deep,... and most of that area will be back to desert

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

When Havasue drops then it will be a different story and when they change the release amounts this will happen.
I was told by a boulder city/ dam historian that they fudge a little on the reports... so, the only real way to know what was released was to be on mead and the river the last 20 years.... sure a lot of water flowing....

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

That will never happen...

All the intakes are there to feed various different states, the level has to remain constant. ONE of the main purposes of the dams above Havasu, are to prevent this from happening.

If it DOES happen, we will have much bigger problems that lack of launch ramps and boating.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
That will never happen...

All the intakes are there to feed various different states, the level has to remain constant. ONE of the main purposes of the dams above Havasu, are to prevent this from happening.

If it DOES happen, we will have much bigger problems that lack of launch ramps and boating.
mother natures is fighting back, she droped more monsoon this year than all the way back to 1903

liv4riv

Reaction score
I don't know but how did they predict the May drop ?

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
So the secret plan is to lower the lake levels to the point were the majority of users can't easily access it. Thus eliminating many of the pollution issues and security problems.
you would be surprised at how the media in vegas has so many thinking that the lake is too shallow to boat,... ever time i say,... i went out to mead yesterday, some says, i thought they closed mead and blocked all the ramps because the lake is too shallow to boat

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
surprising
, yes, it's still open and campers are there...pretty cool stream runs through there...

liv4riv

Reaction score
you would be surprised at how the media in vegas has so many thinking that the lake is too shallow to boat,... ever time i say,... i went out to mead yesterday, some says, i thought they closed mead and blocked all the ramps because the lake is too shallow to boat
Mead is close Parker is wide open.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I don't know but how did they predict the May drop ?
funny thing is they predicted it in 2000, I 've been telling every one for 20 years of the plan.... just about there.

with the lake at the level it was,... there was as much water lost to evap, as what they were releasing,..

whats really gonna mess up their plan is now utah wants their water,... and no way to stop them from taking it..they'll get it before it gets to mead..
washington is building big housing tracts with front a nd rear lawns for the kids to play...

94essex

Reaction score
Interesting thoughts. I've been lookin at lots in Meadville the last couple years. We love South cove but with the drop an lack of ramp I'm been skeptical if it'll be launchable anytime soon

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Interesting thoughts. I've been lookin at lots in Meadville the last couple years. We love South cove but with the drop an lack of ramp I'm been skeptical if it'll be launchable anytime soon
I believe it will get done, as you see, people there will make their own ramp...

rrrr

Reaction score
funny thing is they predicted it in 2000, I 've been telling every one for 20 years of the plan.... just about there.

with the lake at the level it was,... there was as much water lost to evap, as what they were releasing,..

whats really gonna mess up their plan is now utah wants their water,... and no way to stop them from taking it..they'll get it before it gets to mead..
washington is building big housing tracts with front a nd rear lawns for the kids to play...

Secret Squirrel is still the only person in Nevada that "knows" what happened. He can't be bothered to look at historical data or the robust federal records that detail how the water removed from the Upper (above Lake Mead) and Lower (below Hoover Dam) Colorado River basins in the last twenty years belonged to upstream and downstream owners of it.

The lake levels went down because of ironclad legal agreements and insufficient snowpack, not the Southern Nevada Water Authority. Their allotment of Lake Mead water is insignificant, and they did not have nor do they now have the authority to operate any aspect of federally owned Hoover Dam.

A certain amount of water owned by Utah has been stored in upstream reservoirs and Lake Mead. They can claim that allotment, but if the federally controlled declaration of a water emergency occurs, then the signatories to the 1922 Colorado River Compact and its modifications since that year must comply with reductions of their allotment. Utah's claim on the stored water could then be reduced.

The changes due to a water emergency apply to states in the Upper Colorado River basin and the Lower Colorado River basin. The bilateral treaty between the United States and Mexico has a similar vehicle to modify water delivery to that country when a water emergency is declared.

Last edited:

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
when done, that marina will be all the way out to the main lake...
That is not gonna be good. However maybe better than Echo, those docks are completely grounded and abandoned. I wonder how deep the narrows are and just how narrow will that area get?

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Funny , I thought when that new bridge bypass by the dam was completed , Meadview would explode …doesn’t seem to have happened .

94essex

Reaction score
Funny , I thought when that new bridge bypass by the dam was completed , Meadview would explode …doesn’t seem to have happened .
It's grown a lot over the last 5 years I'd say. They actually have a handful of good Restaurants and some nice homes. It's still has the felony flats vibe though haha

checkrdpast

Reaction score

We use to like hanging out at Iceburg canyon but thats been gone for years