WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Mead

Riley1

Reaction score
This is gator where they were talking about. Not very kid friendly place . Unless you see people with kids.
There’s a cove next to gator in the no wake zone a lot of sandy spots to beach and hang out.
The other spots I read in hear are on the other side of the narrows passed the virgin basin. There is spots to the left and right to hang out at. More private on that side of the lake.
View attachment 794978 View attachment 794977

What’s your boat look like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A 24’ Laveycraft.
8DE7C26B-E7F8-42C7-BB8C-3088BAE2EFC1.jpeg
We will be loaded down with 4 adults and 6 kids this weekend. Looking forward to hopefully meeting some of the other locals out here.

Riverryder

Reaction score
A 24’ Laveycraft.
View attachment 795034 We will be loaded down with 4 adults and 6 kids this weekend. Looking forward to hopefully meeting some of the other locals out here.

Cool. I launch out of caville. I’ll go and hang out in swallow area for a little before going to the nice area. And you have 6 kids with you I’ll have 3 with me tomorrow so they can play with one another!!! Less work for the parents!! If you want pm me your number my names Ed. I can show you the little I have learned so far.

Riley1

Reaction score
Cool. I launch out of caville. I’ll go and hang out in swallow area for a little before going to the nice area. And you have 6 kids with you I’ll have 3 with me tomorrow so they can play with one another!!! Less work for the parents!! If you want pm me your number my names Ed. I can show you the little I have learned so far.

No need for a PM. I’m Stephen, 9O9 2I7 5658

Andy B.

Reaction score
We'll be out stop by have a beer if its nice going to head out to middle point if not swallow or gator.
3839.jpeg

Andy B.

Reaction score
Where is this looks epic?!?!?!

The last beach to the left right before middle point where it opens up to go to Echo or head to Temple Bar. Be sure to trim drive ALL THE WAY UP when beaching gets shallow fast my boat is 25', that's a lie exact measurement 24' 10".:D

Riverryder

Reaction score
The last beach to the left right before middle point where it opens up to go to Echo or head to Temple Bar. Be sure to trim drive ALL THE WAY UP when beaching gets shallow fast my boat is 25', that's a lie exact measurement 24' 10".:D

Haha it’s ok we won’t tell her that your shorting her 2 inches haah

Ok I’ll look for it this weekend. Even when the outboard is all the way up it still is scary for me.

PrimeCut

Reaction score

I’m thinking of exploring coves up the Overton Arm Saturday, I’ll stop by Hallett Beach if I do

PrimeCut

Reaction score
PSA I only talk boats,beer,engines and cigars when on the water i'll hang out with anyone no matter what side your own that's what makes America great cheers!

So no Jesus or politic talk?

Andy B.

Reaction score
I’m thinking of exploring coves up the Overton Arm Saturday, I’ll stop by Hallett Beach if I do

Hey Scott isn't Hallett beach to the right after you see middle point heading to Echo?

PrimeCut

Reaction score
Hey Scott isn't Hallett beach to the right after you see middle point heading to Echo?

Yes, it’s the back side of middle point, so as soon as you turn north around middle point island and pass that last rock outcrop it’s the long Sandy beach right there. Usually good on prevailing wind days, that rock peninsula protects from the winds out of the south

Riverryder

Reaction score
Kids are going out of town with the grandparents tomorrow so I can go to gator now haha

ramos45

Reaction score
What makes Gator not kid friendly? Is it boobs, beer and shenanigans that go on or is it simply no other kids to play with? I'm asking out of curiosity as I don't have kids but can have quite the array of boobs at times. The last few outings we poked into Gator but spots were already taken and not knowing if full of kids or not from a distance so we ended up just inside of Battleship rock.

Labor Day was a beautiful day on the lake. We spent most of day inside of Battleship then Wishingwell to get out of the sun in the afternoon then ended up at Sandy for just before the sunset cruise back to Boulder Harbor. I was surprised at the number of boats at Sandy on Monday evening, even had a huge houseboat right at the tip. My season started late this year, I'm making sure to get out early next year!

PrimeCut

Reaction score
What makes Gator not kid friendly? Is it boobs, beer and shenanigans that go on or is it simply no other kids to play with? I'm asking out of curiosity as I don't have kids but can have quite the array of boobs at times. The last few outings we poked into Gator but spots were already taken and not knowing if full of kids or not from a distance so we ended up just inside of Battleship rock.

Labor Day was a beautiful day on the lake. We spent most of day inside of Battleship then Wishingwell to get out of the sun in the afternoon then ended up at Sandy for just before the sunset cruise back to Boulder Harbor. I was surprised at the number of boats at Sandy on Monday evening, even had a huge houseboat right at the tip. My season started late this year, I'm making sure to get out early next year!

Nudity for one, men and women, very clickish too, the same people that complain about reserving spots wouldn’t let you park there because it’s for one of their friends. And 19 different stereos going all at once. Add alcohol and then comes drama

Riverryder

Reaction score
Yeah boobs is my main reason and like he said very clicky.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Nudity for one, men and women, very clickish too, the same people that complain about reserving spots wouldn’t let you park there because it’s for one of their friends. And 19 different stereos going all at once. Add alcohol and then comes drama

Exactly!

DaveH

Reaction score

in other words, its like Havasu;)

ramos45

Reaction score
gotcha, without knowing the boats already there i'm reluctant to just pull up nut to butt between two boats. I'd rather go find my own spot to not be bothered nor bother anyone else.

Riley1

Reaction score
@3.Slow is a couple hours away. I think we will most likely be posted up in Swallow Bay and be doing ski and tube runs all day. Neighbor might also make it out. So that means 9 kids from age 3-15.

Should be an awesome day.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Launching around 9:00 Boulder Harbor if you see us come by and say hello, Andy and D'Ann.
3839.jpeg

Riverryder

Reaction score
@3.Slow is a couple hours away. I think we will most likely be posted up in Swallow Bay and be doing ski and tube runs all day. Neighbor might also make it out. So that means 9 kids from age 3-15.

Should be an awesome day.

Sounds epic! Let’s all meet and talk boats!!! I’ll have boat sodas for anyone that wants one or waters and other stuff

PrimeCut

Reaction score
How is that finger???

I got some sleep last night, woke up about 5 this morning is pain again... I will not be getting in the water this weekend.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I got some sleep last night, woke up about 5 this morning is pain again... I will not be getting in the water this weekend.

Just keep the hand out of it. I cut my thumb to the bone once right before a trip. A weekend exposed to the hot dry air healed it right up.

Riley1

Reaction score
Nice meeting you and your brother yesterday you guys have a real nice family see you on the water !
Nice meeting you as well. I’m sure we’ll meet again
0742672A-5A62-4389-8BB9-F79468E868A2.jpeg

nordic454

WWW.METALWORXLV.COM
Reaction score
Didn’t make it out on sat, but we’ll be out this weekend for sure.

Riverryder

Reaction score
Might be out on Saturday. Taken my dad out for the first time. He has never been on a boat( let alone slow one with a big block). We grew up only on jet skis so he’s pretty excited!!

Riverryder

Reaction score
It’s hump day guys! 2 more days then it’s time to burn up some fuel!!

What do you guys use for charging your batteries? My boats got 2 and 1 back up that’s not connected in case something happens.

ramos45

Reaction score
It’s hump day guys! 2 more days then it’s time to burn up some fuel!!

What do you guys use for charging your batteries? My boats got 2 and 1 back up that’s not connected in case something happens.

I have one of these installed. I plug it in when I get home and it keeps the batteries charged until the next time.

promarinerprotechi1240iplusautomaticmarinebatterycharger40amp3bank.jpg

nordic454

WWW.METALWORXLV.COM
Reaction score
Well be out on sat. Supposed to be amazing weather. 102* 5-10mph. Can’t beat it!

Riverryder

Reaction score
Well be out on sat. Supposed to be amazing weather. 102* 5-10mph. Can’t beat it!

See you out there! Stoked to be able to take my pops out this weekend. Give back to him a little for all the memories he gave me. Make more with him and my kids now!