WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake michigan/midwest callout

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
Just seeing if and how many people on here boat in the Midwest or lake Michigan specifically...looking for some more peeps to boat and have fun times with this summer

Stewart

footer

looking for a v-drive
Reaction score
We live in the Milwaukee area. Our wakeboard boat isn't a good match for Lake Michigan, so we're on the inland lakes. Typically Okauchee, but also the Tomahawk area and the Eagle River chain.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Yes, there are a couple of clubs, but I cant find their info. They do the Thunder Run up in upstate Michigan every year and a couple from Chicago to Kenosha, to Milwaukee.
Look up, ask, Matt Trulio (sp?) with OSO. He may know. I've been to one of their events. Lots of Big boats.

HST4ME

Reaction score
I have a few friends/customers with skaters/big v over there, a couple of times a summer we go to the other side, Boyne thunder etc, Traverse bay .

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
We boat on Lake Erie. Planning to make a run across Erie and up the Detroit river and visit Detroit and Windsor sometime this summer.

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
We boat on Lake Erie. Planning to make a run across Erie and up the Detroit river and visit Detroit and Windsor sometime this summer.

Great Trip Ive done it a couple of times when I was still in Ohio

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
cool cool...was just wondering if I was the only lake Michigan guy on here lol...I did join West Michigan Offshore the other day so hopefully can make a few of their runs this summer!!

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
cool cool...was just wondering if I was the only lake Michigan guy on here lol...I did join West Michigan Offshore the other day so hopefully can make a few of their runs this summer!!
I know a few of those guys. Good group!

HST4ME

Reaction score

Sometime in August they are organizing the world's record raft off in Muscamoot bay, then there is Hardy Party too.

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
I did hardy dam hot boat weekend last year..one of the best experiences of my life...for sure doing that again this year!!

HST4ME

Reaction score
Muscamoot
RAFT OFF 2018 (Sat. August 11th, 2018) Muscamoot Bay, Lake St Clair

raft-off-aerial-2015-b.jpg

Slippery

Reaction score
Lots of W. Mi. Offshore crowd in the Muskegon/GR.Haven/Holland area.

We generally boat out of Grand Haven.

The Hardy Pardy / Hot Boat Weekend is big fun. Hopefully they've got the dam squared away and the water back up by then.

The Dam had an issue with one of the spillways and they've got the river drawn way down to repair the dam. Scheduled completion date is mid - June, weather permitting etc etc but then they have to release water from the Rogers City dam to bring the water levels back up. When the river levels start to come back up to normal it's also gonna float all the shit that's normally washed away by the time it gets warm. Could be a really sketchy summer up on the river.

HST4ME

Reaction score
Sounds like it's time to get the chainsaw out up at the sand bar. I was going to head over there Memorial Day, thanx for the info.

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
yea thanks for the heads up!! not really interested in boating in a forest!! hahaha and holy sh!t!!! that raft up is crazy!! need to find some info on that..looks like a blast!!

JRider

Reaction score
I go all over MI, Grand Haven, Charlevoix, Boyne, Lake StClair, Detroit River, Lake Erie.

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
Hey Jrider!! pretty cool you're here too!! If any of you Michigan folk are interested in having some beers and working on a Nordic get ahold of me!! hahaha and once she's running get together and stretch her legs!! supposed to be 70 here tomorrow and 80 on Tuesday..getting antsy to get her back together!!

JRider

Reaction score
Hey Jrider!! pretty cool you're here too!! If any of you Michigan folk are interested in having some beers and working on a Nordic get ahold of me!! hahaha and once she's running get together and stretch her legs!! supposed to be 70 here tomorrow and 80 on Tuesday..getting antsy to get her back together!!

I saw your boat at Hardy last year, I was heading back from the sandbar. Ill drink beer and give bad advise but I have a ton of work to do on my own high maintenance money pit.

Slippery

Reaction score
I saw your boat at Hardy last year, I was heading back from the sandbar. Ill drink beer and give bad advise but I have a ton of work to do on my own high maintenance money pit.

+1

I'm a lot better at drinking beer and pointing than I am actually turning wrenches.

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
Hey sometimes that's more helpful than anything!! hahaha supposed to finally have some time off work this weekend so I'll be working on the ole girl...if you guys are up for a little trip down to my little farm town PM me some numbers and I can shoot ya a text with directions or whatever...I go the beer and the pizza!! hahaha

Tinkerer

Reaction score
I was at Hardy Party last year also. I try to make it every year.
where do yo live.
Good to know about Hardy being down.
Look me up if you see me on the water. I do cruise kind of fast though.

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
I think I remember seeing the front of your boat...never the back tho o_O hahahah just kidding I don't even know what you have....I live in sodus which is a small town near St joe/Benton harbor area...little farm town...I boat out of St joe 99.9% of the time

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
I think I remember seeing the front of your boat...never the back tho o_O hahahah just kidding I don't even know what you have....I live in sodus which is a small town near St joe/Benton harbor area...little farm town...I boat out of St joe 99.9% of the time
Do you know Joe Betten of Benton Harbor He owns ALL the car dealerships in west Mi

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Just seeing if and how many people on here boat in the Midwest or lake Michigan specifically...looking for some more peeps to boat and have fun times with this summer

Stewart

I have a few friends out on the lake..

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Those cabin cruiser type yachts seem big in those parts.

Nice bunch you got going on there. Looks like a great party.

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
Do you know Joe Betten of Benton Harbor He owns ALL the car dealerships in west Mi

I've def heard of him but don't know him by any means

I love the area here...the lake can get snotty in a hurry but it makes it kinda interesting I guess lol...nothing compared to what you guys have out west weather wise but when we don have good weather its gorgeous here I think