WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Powell, 2021

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
@JD D05 first time for me seeing that spot so low! Cool beach without a giant houseboat posted up. We got way back in there my first year but those rope ladders kicked my ass.

0630ABA7-8BDA-402F-A9F5-EA361BBC5EA1.jpeg

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
@mesquito_creek I think you're right. Basically start the run north after breakfast and enter Escalante first then play around on the way up to BF. I'm guessing after a long day like that we'll all want to run straight back to camp.

I wish I got 8 mpg! My previosu trip notes had 8.1 gph averaging 38mph so more like 4.6 mpg. I can thank the 5.0MPI / Alpha behind a 2900lb boat and 50# tank for the range but she aint a speed demon.

You're dead on the money again as Navionics is my go-to. This year I plan to run it off my backup Iphone in a little suction cup cradle on the dash.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Just got off the lake. Laketime pilot told us that there is a big meeting taking place today to try to come up with a way to keep launching the houseboats. Until they do, no houseboats will be launched.
20210723_093211.jpg
20210723_093604.jpg

The ramp marker is at the end of the 80 foot plate.

Last edited:

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Screenshot_20210723-122801_Gallery.jpg

We always send a scout boat to find our cove at Last Chance. As they guided our 65 foot Houseboat in this year they warned us about the oh $hit rock in the center of the cove. We parked and started to set up. I was going to put a marker but had to use the restroom first. I looked out the bathroom's window and saw a Master Craft stopped on top of it.

Talking to the other folks in my group they said the driver came into our cove looking for a beach and barely missed the island. On his way out he center punched it. We towed him back to his Houseboat and he said he had bent the prop and prop shaft. Felt bad for the guy and went back to mark the hazard. Lake is way down and hazards are everywhere.
20210722_073313.jpg

Last edited:

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
They should rename that North eastern arm of Last Chance "Everyone's new favorite spot"... We hit it early in the year at end of April and Memorial and I have seen a dozen pictures of it in the last month or two. It is a really nice and easy spot for sure at this water level. I am heading back to Powell next week starting Aug 5 and will be there for about a week doing (watching people do) a bunch of construction on my dirt. I will be solo (extreme boredom) for the weekend without a whole lot going on if anyone needs any help around the area.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Thanks for the update @Echo Lodge

@mesquito_creek if you’re free Monday the 9th come watch a bunch of newbs splash at Lone Rock (assuming WW is closed) Four boats and only one f150 so something is bound to happen 😆

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Thanks for the update @Echo Lodge

@mesquito_creek if you’re free Monday the 9th come watch a bunch of newbs splash at Lone Rock (assuming WW is closed) Four boats and only one f150 so something is bound to happen 😆

Let me know when you are going to attempt this... I will bring a 4x4 truck and a compressor. I am not afraid to air down to 10 psi to tractor boats in and out of lone rock! But it looks like WW main is still no problem for anything but house boats.

Last edited:

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
BTW... if anyone is looking for individual boat storage I will be vacating my 14x50 in Big Water in September. $275 a month is what I am currently paying. Its individual with chain link fence interior as the separators. You have your own door and electric outlets. I am next to a super nice Hallet 300 ish, orange with #6 drives and a super nice SeaRay sundancer 340. I am sure they are glad to see the getto 20 year old 290 leaving! lol....

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Curious how these new projections will hold up. Of course we’re 10-days out from splashing damnit!

I could def use the air compressor @mesquito_creek. Biggest truck in the group and also the smallest boat 😆 figure splashing will be easy but retrieval will be a pita.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I have a twin screw portable 12v ARB unit. You will just have to bring it back to chandler. I hope to leave while you will be still out on the water. But everything you have is going to have no issue out of wahweep main. I will go take a look over the weekend before you show up and give you an update.

Regardless I will give you whatever I have to give you piece of mind. If you do air down some, when you exit wahweep the don’t go toward Utah to the lake Powell mart, they don’t have air. I have had to go to the shell across from Walmart for air in the past.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
@rmarion was the inspection process anything like you thought it would be? Any pics from the ramp when you pulled out?

Our trip just got real interesting as the starboard motor on our 75' Stardust is now non-op. T-minus 6-days.

77charger

Reaction score
Just got back yesterday was a nice trip weather not to bad some strong breeze at times but cool nights. We stayed at lone rock and launching was easy we had 2 25 ft chapparals that had no issues launching. My 207 eliminator was easy.
Only downside was my alternator went out 2nd day so I jumped on other boat with a cooler.😱and I loved the drive from phx vs the old long drive from Fullerton 4.5 hrs to get home yesterday when before it was a 10hr deal.

77charger

Reaction score
Oh and the mussel inspection leaving is pretty thorough. It’s not the ca type where they just look at plug they looked with light under boat inside engine closely at drive etc.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
20210802_080327.jpg
20210802_085659.jpg
20210727_165258.jpg

20210730_094027.jpg

20210804_105719.jpg
20210804_105705.jpg

20210804_105705.jpg

20210804_105623.jpg

20210804_105537.jpg

Great Times!!!

But Bitter Sweet...

My oldest son, just sold their home in Corona (2 days on market), moving to Houston Texas area.... taking my little studdly Granddaughters.....

Lot of lakes where he is heading.... the girls are skiing, boarding, surfing...
Perfect age for boating....

We want the girls to enjoy the boat, so grandma and grandpa will now keep the boat in Texas... provides a little incentive for us to visit Texas...

Boating is GOOD!!!

Ducksquasher

Reaction score
So....we camped and "lived" at Lone Rock for Summer vacation for 13 or so years. Haven't been in about 20 years but I talk about it every year. Haven't made it back, we've been been going cross-country in the RV, etc. To my question...we used to go with a big group mostly with toyhaulers, etc. What is the beach like now? I now have a motorhome and I am a little hesitant to drag it down there...although it can't get beat up anymore than driving on half of the highways across our great nation!

Some of my best memories are from Lone Rock beach and I am going to start this tradition back-up!

Also...any recent pics of camps and set-up's for inspiration would be much appreciated to help get through the rest of this Summer.

Thanks in advance!

77charger

Reaction score
So....we camped and "lived" at Lone Rock for Summer vacation for 13 or so years. Haven't been in about 20 years but I talk about it every year. Haven't made it back, we've been been going cross-country in the RV, etc. To my question...we used to go with a big group mostly with toyhaulers, etc. What is the beach like now? I now have a motorhome and I am a little hesitant to drag it down there...although it can't get beat up anymore than driving on half of the highways across our great nation!

Some of my best memories are from Lone Rock beach and I am going to start this tradition back-up!

Also...any recent pics of camps and set-up's for inspiration would be much appreciated to help get through the rest of this Summer.

Thanks in advance!
We do the same.There were some cones to follow a path to the beach stay between them there are a couple of soft spots but you see them floor it and you should make it as long as you pick up speed right before you go.And water is very low i took jet ski around lone rock it was not even waist deep maybe thigh high just glad it wasnt in boat..But alot more soft spots vs 20 years ago

mesquito_creek

Reaction score

Thanks in advance!

This is Lone Rock in May.... Big motorhomes seem to get right down to the water line...

a.jpg
b.jpg
c.jpg

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
@Nanu/Nanu did you say you bring the dogs along? How did you figure out how much water they’ll drink? Hitch crushes lake water but I’m trying to figure out how much fresh water to bring for him.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
@Nanu/Nanu did you say you bring the dogs along? How did you figure out how much water they’ll drink? Hitch crushes lake water but I’m trying to figure out how much fresh water to bring for him.
My dogs get lake water! Haha I know I'm a bad dog owner but we have three and that would be alot of weight. But... I do bring them a nice bowl for in the tent.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
Going thru my gallery ..... what a great Lake Powell houseboat trip...
Screenshot_20210822-202549_Photos.jpg

Grammy showing our Granddaughters she can still rock it at 58....

Avary (6y/o) 2 skis

Avary wakeboarding

Avary Wakesurfing (did I mentioned she is a STUD!!)

Rich & Everly Wakesurfing (Rich my oldest and heading off to Texas with my girls)

Wes Sr & Jr Wakesurfing

Sr/Jr Wakesurfing

4 days of liquid courage to slide the feet in the boots...

One last Lake Havasu trip coming up 2021..

That will be the end days of boat ownership..... for Grammy/Papa (45 years of boat owners)
Our 2004 Tige 22i, treated the Family AWESOME.... she's heading to Texas with the Granddaughters....

Great Times!!!

Memories are the Best!!!

PS, Avary asked Grammy, what is Papa doing..... Avary Papa is going single ski..
Avarys response "I gotta SEE THIS!!!"..LOL

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
I hope this isn't going to happen....

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I hope this isn't going to happen....

Going to force me to up my solar capacity… I picked up an ice maker so I can hopefully stretch ice without Dangling rope, but fuel conservation becomes the next area so more solar and batteries less generator is my move.

Ol Man

Reaction score
That would make it possible for me to go to Escalante and return to Waweap. I only carry 52 gal. Plus gotta have the ice cream.