WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Powell Has at Least 20 More Years

prosthogod

Reaction score
I have said this for years. We as a country are great at building pipelines, so why not build a water pipeline from the head of the Mississippi to the head of the Colorado river. The mississippi floods all the time. If removing the water that floods saves million to the insurance companies and federal government, the pipeline will pay for itself in no time at all.
Grads don't tell me about all the environmental impact stuff. Just get it done.

Boat 405

Reaction score
All this talk about Lake Powell drying up, draining the lake, removing the damn is just all liberal wack jobs living in an apartment in New York city thinking they know best for other people based upon what other liberal wack jobs think and tell them. They are so out of touch with reality of how the colorado river system works. It's really sad to hear all the b.s.

Lake Powell is a giant buffer for the drought years. The lake was never designed to be full all the time. The intended water level for the lake is and has always been 3630 to 3640. Some years it's been higher, some years it's been lower. Most of the water allocations for the southwest were made in the wet years of the early 80's. You think they(cities downstream) are going to renegotiate for less water just because of the drier years..... LOL

Same bullshit talking points have been made, same books have been produced all talking about eliminating the damn.

It's not going anywhere for a long time get used to it.

DickieB

Reaction score
I have said this for years. We as a country are great at building pipelines, so why not build a water pipeline from the head of the Mississippi to the head of the Colorado river. The mississippi floods all the time. If removing the water that floods saves million to the insurance companies and federal government, the pipeline will pay for itself in no time at all.
Grads don't tell me about all the environmental impact stuff. Just get it done.

I'm with you, been saying this for years. Hell, with the technology the US has, it should be a piece of cake to divert water from other parts of the country via a pipeline or series of canals......

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
In many cases those that oppose these kind of things are the biggest abusers of said facilities......the electricity it produces and the water they shower with. It'd be like a divorce to them, not realizing what they had before it's gone.:rolleyes
friggen do-gooders:skull

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I'm with you, been saying this for years. Hell, with the technology the US has, it should be a piece of cake to divert water from other parts of the country via a pipeline or series of canals......

I'm pretty sure the $$$ we have spent over in the Middle East since the early 1990's we could have built a Flood Diversion and Drought Pipeline System for the entire country about 100x over.