WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Powell / Mussel question

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Heading to Powell later this week with our boat, it’s been about 7 years since our last trip, are they still strict on boat inspections and if they find any water in the bilge make you do the hot water flush treatment or goes as far as quarantining the boat? (the way it was 7 years ago)

Launching out of Wahweap.

riverroyal

Reaction score
it was a joke. I did the onlind class. Paid the 20 bucks for the permit
When i took the boat out of the water i pulled into the muscle check. Told the girl i had all the stuff and she laughed.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
it was a joke. I did the onlind class. Paid the 20 bucks for the permit
When i took the boat out of the water i pulled into the muscle check. Told the girl i had all the stuff and she laughed.

Crap, I forgot about the class, that was only for launching in Utah though correct or do I need it for wahweap in Arizona?

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
They did not make the income that was projected on this crisis so I'm fairly certain it has taken a back seat.
Considering I live in the Great Lakes region where this all supposedly started from, it has been silent for a few years now.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Heading to Powell later this week with our boat, it’s been about 7 years since our last trip, are they still strict on boat inspections and if they find any water in the bilge make you do the hot water flush treatment or goes as far as quarantining the boat? (the way it was 7 years ago)

Launching out of Wahweap.
No, they just ask to pull plugs and see your anchor and dock lines when you leave. No problem. Was there 3 weeks ago

westair

Reaction score
yes inspection at Wahweap took about 20 seconds on the way out last weekend .... only looked to see if our plugs were out

Mikes56

Reaction score
We were just there 2 weeks ago. You pay your money at the pay booth going into to lake area. After that, there's no inspection until you come off the water. Then you have to pull your plugs, that's all. They want to see your anchor and lines too. Don't take the online class or pay for anything.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
When I went in June. I pulled the boat off the water upon leaving after a week on the water. They asked did you pull your drain plug? I said nope, but I’ll do it later. End of conversation

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
No, they just ask to pull plugs and see your anchor and dock lines when you leave. No problem. Was there 3 weeks ago

Interesting change since the last time we were there, I guess they have give up the fight. Back then it was inspections, hot water flushes, and possible quarantine of your boat on the way in. And if you mentioned the word Havasu you were f'd.

McKay

Reaction score
Interesting change since the last time we were there, I guess they have give up the fight. Back then it was inspections, hot water flushes, and possible quarantine of your boat on the way in. And if you mentioned the word Havasu you were f'd.
Powell has had mussels for years now. Now inspection on way in.

Bails

Reaction score
They gave up and only check on your last day pulling out of the water. They wanted to see my anchor and dock lines. I told them the only things that were wet were the life jackets. They said they were not allowed at ask about life jackets. They put a wire on my bow eye, which I thought might help me since I was heading toward Mead. Didn't do any checks at Mead either.