WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Powell on the news

707dog

Reaction score
guess i better get a Plan B for my Powell vacation

Singleton

Reaction score
the ramp in the video was stateline which was closed over the weekend. the main ramp is still usable but it will be ugly

StevieHops

Reaction score
That’s the antelope ramp. State line flattens out when it runs out of concrete. It was lower in 2005 then it is right now.

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score
That’s the antelope ramp. State line flattens out when it runs out of concrete. Eater was lower in 2005 then it is right now.

state line ramp was closed May 17 to vehicles

Singleton

Reaction score
Going to get bad this year.

Attachments

• A247B992-C433-450B-AF73-6BD26D2E44F6.png
    A247B992-C433-450B-AF73-6BD26D2E44F6.png
    500 KB · Views: 131
  • Wow
Reactions: DWC

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
Ridiculous. Almost like the greenies don’t want you there. Snowpack is one thing...dam dump to mead and Havazoo is another. Water is a renewable resource.how much water is moved to Mexico?

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
So the lying sac of shit greenies are actively trying to get you to cancel? How long until we push back? Cocksucker control freaks!

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
It is no lie that lake is low but it is still very useable. What should be more concerning now is dangling rope is shut back down due to damaged docks from the wind over the weekend.

So if anyone had the idea of fueling there you should figure out other provisions.

77charger

Reaction score
More fake media news.
That picture is from long ago. Total BS. Have someone that is close go and take a pic. I have customers there and boating now.
You havent kept up antelope is high and dry.yes there is a valet ramp there but the public is out of the water about 15 ft or so.Stateline is closed to public and wawheap is getting close too but there is a back up plan for that.Basically the south south has one ramp open to public out of 3

707dog

Reaction score
It is no lie that lake is low but it is still very useable. What should be more concerning now is dangling rope is shut back down due to damaged docks from the wind over the weekend.

So if anyone had the idea of fueling there you should figure out other provisions.
how much longer would the wahweep hotel ramp be usable, the lady i spoke to said if the lake dropped another 10 feet their ramp will not be usable

alpha 1

Reaction score
its going to suck this summer the lines for one ramp are going to be LONG!! then fighting the washing machine up past Antelope

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
how much longer would the wahweep hotel ramp be usable, the lady i spoke to said if the lake dropped another 10 feet their ramp will not be usable
The ramp will be out of the water but the park service has guaranteed they won't shut down wahweep. I'm not sure what that means but rumor is they will be placing mats below the end of the ramp. I know it's the gov. But there is a lot of livelihoods that rely on that ramp to stay open so I'm optimistic about their promise.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
As long as they keep releasing water from the Dams at Powell and Mead solely for Electrical Generation low water levels will always be a problem. These Dams were built to retain water in times of drought and released when needed for agricultural and metropolitan needs. Unfortunately just another mismanaged program by our Federal Government. Not sure what they plan to do for electricity (or water) when these lakes dry up? 😱

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
If a dozens of mini vans can camp on the water line at lone rock I am sure RDP ers can finally figure out how to launch at a primitive launch site for the first time. I have launched my 21 foot Malibu at nothing but make shift primitive ramps for 30 years.

house boats are going to be a problem and heavy cruisers like mine could be a no go... but anything under 30 feet and 7-8k will launch if you are not afraid to get some dirt on your tires

this is why you have a 75k truck on 35s!

77charger

Reaction score
If a dozens of mini vans can camp on the water line at lone rock I am sure RDP ers can finally figure out how to launch at a primitive launch site for the first time. I have launched my 21 foot Malibu at nothing but make shift primitive ramps for 30 years.

house boats are going to be a problem and heavy cruisers like mine could be a no go... but anything under 30 feet and 7-8k will launch if you are not afraid to get some dirt on your tires

this is why you have a 75k truck on 35s!
Remember most complain about a bad ramp and lousy docks. 😂 no way they’re gonna launch on a sand beach.

Then there is the getting stuck factor them rubberband tires on large wheels are just for show.Air pressure is the secret but 30 pounds of air is not aired down for the soft sand. But seeing a 4x4 Cummins on 37s trying to get through the soft part from water to road did provide me 20 minutes of entertainment once. Guy kept trying to power through it kept dropping in same spot.Hint he was full air pressure didnt think he needed to air it down. 🙈

Last edited:

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
Come hell or even lower water my boat will find its way into that lake!!

TVMNick

Reaction score
I was just at Antelope Point Marina this weekend. We utilized the Antelope private ramp to launch our pontoon boat and the private ramp was just fine for use and I expect it to stay that way through end of season. Yes, the water is low, but I was on the lake in 2005 and it was about the same level at that time. Once you are actually on the water and out boating it is really hard to tell the difference in water level, use good judgement and watch for obstacles as you always should on the ever changing Lake Powell and you will have an amazing time.

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
I was just at Antelope Point Marina this weekend. We utilized the Antelope private ramp to launch our pontoon boat and the private ramp was just fine for use and I expect it to stay that way through end of season. Yes, the water is low, but I was on the lake in 2005 and it was about the same level at that time. Once you are actually on the water and out boating it is really hard to tell the difference in water level, use good judgement and watch for obstacles as you always should on the ever changing Lake Powell and you will have an amazing time.
Thank you for the update Nick... See you soon.

BLOWN HOWARD

Reaction score
How does one get some access to the Antelope Point Launch ramp?

TVMNick

Reaction score
How does one get some access to the Antelope Point Launch ramp?

Go to Antelope Point Marina, go through the pay station as you approach and take an immediate right into the dirt parking lot. There is a stop sign as you are pulling through, at the stop sign there are generally some employees that handle the valet service for the ramp. They do charge you $40 to use their ramp, but they launch and retrieve you as well as park your vehicle.

If you are staying at or near Wahweap marina I would recommend utilizing the ramp there, as they have provisioned it to work with the low water levels and it will save you money and drive time.

For us, our houseboat is at Antelope Point Marina, so we just pay the $40 fee and have them launch and retrieve our smaller craft.