WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Powell state line report

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Blowing 15-20 but open and easy to launch!
251E465A-E335-49C3-B3BC-BB84DC487B17.jpeg
9425F82A-3DE9-4937-BBF6-52E0657A21A4.jpeg

last1

Reaction score
Damn nice picture of Castle Rock, i have not been there in so long. I need to change that!

bk2drvr

Reaction score
Is the Stare Line Ramp a city/county ramp or private?

Singleton

Reaction score
Being able to see end of the ramp is a first for me.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Any idea how much further it goes into the water?

sintax

Reaction score
sure do miss Powell.

We've tried unsuccessfully to plan a house boat trip the last 2 years.

Singleton

Reaction score
So you can see where it drops off or stops?

if you look at the second pic, the floating doc on the right starts about 8’ short of where the cement ramp stops.
look at the water and you can see the change, ramp extends into the water 20 of more feet then dirt

bk2drvr

Reaction score
What is the “valet” ramp at Antelope Point Marina that has been mentioned? Can anyone use it?

Singleton

Reaction score
Dangling Rope had fuel but nothing else.... no pump out, no store. Fuel only at 5.59 a gallon!

nice meeting you Nanu Nana, nice looking family! I also have 2 daughters but they are 21 and 28!

View attachment 1000797

no ice cream. That was the best part.
When I worked the rental docs and we had to do boat exchanges, DP ice cream was a nice break

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Dangling Rope had fuel but nothing else.... no pump out, no store. Fuel only at 5.59 a gallon!

nice meeting you Nanu Nana, nice looking family! I also have 2 daughters but they are 21 and 28!

View attachment 1000797
Haha like wise Tony we will have to swap numbers we will start heading up pretty frequently now and we do usually camp at least in padre bay. That was my in laws house boat you saw we let them pick how far up lake we go as that thing isnt exactly a Prius. Haha you're a girl dad! I knew there was something I liked about you. Again it was great to meet you and your wife and we will have to hang out longer sometime.

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
@Nanu/Nanu @mesquito_creek how did y’all find each other!?
Mosquito creek has a good eye! When he rolled up behind us after we came i to camp my wife thought we had cut him off and he was chasing us down. Good thing we didn't cut him off the guy is not some one you want to meet on bad circumstances. He is built like an OX!

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
as long as you can launch the lake has lots of beaches, but they all sort of push you closer to the main channel since you can’t go deep into the canyons.

I can’t imagine the cluster fuck going around through the washing machine straights on a Saturday etc... pays to be the early bird for sure. The dock cables at antelope marina are a hazard and I saw one boat get hung up on one, so just press the lane close to the houseboats.

We didn’t see many boats after last chance but it early in the season.
Friday night in last chance and Saturday night in Oak Canyon.

video is a cruise out of rock canyon.
E980AEAF-CA90-459D-9B17-7A2AC50F27B0.jpeg
00540C5D-6546-4FC8-9C6B-E03922A23179.jpeg
13AFCF1B-071D-492D-A6E9-3DCE0C190040.jpeg

bk2drvr

Reaction score
Great pics! What is the procedure for using the valet ramp at antelope?

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
Great pics! What is the procedure for using the valet ramp at antelope?
Im not 100% sure.
I think you have to have a houseboat in antelope and be able to provide proof. If you do it may be best to call antelope point marina.

Water Romper

Reaction score
WOW, that looks beautiful!! the million dollar shot of the boat by itself among that sandstone, amazing.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
So with water level falling..... And running out of ramp at Wahweap.... I wonder if Laketime will be able to Launch the drydocked 65 and 75 foot houseboats in July?

The annual trip I have been going on for a decade is on the second week in July!

water.JPG

707dog

Reaction score
as long as you can launch the lake has lots of beaches, but they all sort of push you closer to the main channel since you can’t go deep into the canyons.

I can’t imagine the cluster fuck going around through the washing machine straights on a Saturday etc... pays to be the early bird for sure. The dock cables at antelope marina are a hazard and I saw one boat get hung up on one, so just press the lane close to the houseboats.

We didn’t see many boats after last chance but it early in the season.
Friday night in last chance and Saturday night in Oak Canyon.

video is a cruise out of rock canyon. View attachment 1000878 View attachment 1000879 View attachment 1000880
View attachment 1000881

FN beautiful... so motivational cant wait for august

Singleton

Reaction score
So with water level falling..... And running out of ramp at Wahweap.... I wonder if Laketime will be able to Launch the drydocked 65 and 75 foot houseboats in July?

The annual trip I have been going on for a decade is on the second week in July!

View attachment 1001134

The Wahweap Ramp is compacted dirt when the cement runs out. It will require a 4x4 semi like Wahweap has for it rental units. That said, it if keeps going down, ramp usage will be restricted IMO.
the Wa

707dog

Reaction score
The Wahweap Ramp is compacted dirt when the cement runs out. It will require a 4x4 semi like Wahweap has for it rental units. That said, it if keeps going down, ramp usage will be restricted IMO.
the Wa
that answers my question, water level and ramp length by august? im guessing it will take a 4x4 with offroad tires to launch?

Buster Wrench

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for posting. We have a trip planned next month at wahweap and this is good intel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
I think things are going to start turning here soon. The snow pack should start to run off. I haven't read anything but it seems these later snow storms have held the run off a bit later than years past. Just a hunch. But regardless the park has said they will do everything in their power to keep people launching boats at wahweep. What that entails I don't know. Keep your spirits high and fingers crossed.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I think things are going to start turning here soon. The snow pack should start to run off. I haven't read anything but it seems these later snow storms have held the run off a bit later than years past. Just a hunch. But regardless the park has said they will do everything in their power to keep people launching boats at wahweep. What that entails I don't know. Keep your spirits high and fingers crossed.
I got an email that they would be adding mats to extend it. We are going in September and launch with our motorhome, should be interesting. My wife backed it down last year, should be interesting this year.
4164C791-B426-4001-98CB-41C2B3B337DF.jpeg

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Reach out to me with a PM ... if I am in town I might be able to help out.
This year we are going to bring our truck as well, learned it’s a long walk from the rv park to the marina, especially the way back up hill the whole way.

HBCraig

Reaction score
This year we are going to bring our truck as well, learned it’s a long walk from the rv park to the marina, especially the way back up hill the whole way.
Hell yeh it is. I learned the hard way.

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
You guys are funny. Last year wife launches the boat I get the truck and park. Wahweep was full so I got to stateline to park no biggie I'll call the wife and tell her to pick me up there. Son of a @#$&!! I put my phone in the boat! That was a nice little jog.

TVMNick

Reaction score
Process for the Antelope Point Marina private ramp is pretty straight forward. After you come through the toll booth at the entrance, take an immediate right where you will enter the dirt parking lot. There is a "stop" sign adjacent to a small building, walk inside and let them know you'd like to be launched (they have to drive your vehicle, they will not allow you to drive on their launch ramp) pay the $40 fee and go back to your vehicle and wait for them to come get you and launch you. They will then park your truck in the line next to the stop sign you were sitting at.

Not the most convenient process, and somewhat time consuming if you catch it at the wrong time of day or on a busy weekend, but its a lot better than driving all the way around to Wahweap if you are at Antelope Point.

My suggestion, if you can launch at Wahweap that is where I would launch this season.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Does anyone have a boat detailing referral out of Big Water or Page?

Meaney77

Reaction score

How is the RV Park? We booked a few years back for kids spring break but the weather was shit and we ended up canceling.

If we would have made the trip, I was in the same dilemma - launching my boat with my motor home and then not having a car to go back and forth or run into town if needed. I actually found a UHAUL in Page that rented trucks with hitches so that was what we were planning to do since it was cheaper than the wife driving separate.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Would love to make a Powell trip in the near future. I have been a few times but my wife never has, and I know her and the kids would have a blast.

My dilemma with my wife is- She says that if we are spending that much to go boating and renting a house boat for a week she would rather use that money and have a nice vacation where we are being waited on, drinking pool side and not cooking dinners every night. I tend to agree but I tell her its one of those trips you have to go on to appreciate.

69hondo

Reaction score
Would love to make a Powell trip in the near future. I have been a few times but my wife never has, and I know her and the kids would have a blast.

My dilemma with my wife is- She says that if we are spending that much to go boating and renting a house boat for a week she would rather use that money and have a nice vacation where we are being waited on, drinking pool side and not cooking dinners every night. I tend to agree but I tell her its one of those trips you have to go on to appreciate.

This was my wifes exact same comment when I mentioned going the first time. LOL

We drove the RV the first time and stayed at Wahweap campground. Nice place. THe second time we rented a house boat. Both are fun. She liked it both times but still maintains that she could spend the same money and go somewhere else and be more relaxing. Shes probably right but you cant see the things at Powell anywhere else or get the same memories with the family. Few shots from our houseboat trip.
20180703_205852.jpg
20180702_123047.jpg
20180703_213413.jpg
20180704_221929.jpg

20180703_205852.jpg