WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Powell today

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Water is 68 degrees, the lake is up 6 feet from the winter low and the Walmart parking lot looks like an RV junk yard!

Good to hear the water is up a bit. As for the Walmart RVs that was the case when we were there in April. Hope you have a good day out there. 👍

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Water is 68 degrees, the lake is up 6 feet from the winter low and the Walmart parking lot looks like an RV junk yard!
This is good news to start a Monday off right! We have a long way to go.

Was the agreement signed to release water from further up north (I forgot where, but north of blue mesa I think)? Or should we think this is spring runoff showing up? Its just snowed again 👍

Singleton

Reaction score
This is good news to start a Monday off right! We have a long way to go.

Was the agreement signed to release water from further up north (I forgot where, but north of blue mesa I think)? Or should we think this is spring runoff showing up? Its just snowed again 👍

This increase is due to the agreement to move water from Co storage facilities into Powell.

2Driver

Reaction score
This increase is due to the agreement to move water from Co storage facilities into Powell.

Im afraid it may be a dead cat bounce

A55A24A7-87CF-4C67-AC46-3E79D4324E2B.jpeg

bk2drvr

Reaction score
You don’t think it’s from snow melt runoff? When they moved water from Flaming Gorge and Blue Mesa 6-8 months ago the lake kept falling. I think this is a combination of of the two. At least I hope.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
What are the wait times for the ramp on weekends?

Singleton

Reaction score
You don’t think it’s from snow melt runoff? When they moved water from Flaming Gorge and Blue Mesa 6-8 months ago the lake kept falling. I think this is a combination of of the two. At least I hope.
Based on the pic posted above, I am now thinking the same, combo of both

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
What are the wait times for the ramp on weekends?
No help there… I launch Thursday evening and retrieve on Tuesday. The local radio is running big promotions that the lake is open and antelope marina is running radio ads about all the events this weekend. But thats weird since the locals aren’t really the target audience?

FreeBird236

Reaction score
They're also restricting normal flow to Lake Mead, not sure how long that will continue.

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Just for the record.. from the Napa store, 93.3, the Dam bar and beyond… 80s glam/metal is the theme and I am ok with that!

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
And for the wind watchers like me. Saturday and Sunday afternoons this weekend its supposed to blow in the 30 from the west.. so choose spot wisely!

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score

If the agreement was signed (I'm sure it has been by now), the time frame for this was to send water in 2022, just don't know what time of the year. I fear the lake levels will be taking even bigger hits again as early as August / September. Thankfully CO just got a couple more feet of snow this past week.

Last edited:

bk2drvr

Reaction score
Powell is rising fast, almost 8 feet in less than a month. I'm headed there June 14. Was planning to go see Gregory Natural Bridge but at this rate it will be partially under water again by the time I get there.

Powell Water Level.jpg

Last edited:

2Driver

Reaction score
LOL I guess $6 gas separates the boys from the men.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I saw @havasuhusker in antelope then we passed by him again in Padre. I know where you are heading you won't have much service but your float is very nice! Hope he has a good trip. We were going to try and make it up to west canyon to see @mesquito_creek but we had some boat issues with bad sensors on my father in laws boat so we kept things conservative.

It was a good thing too because as we made our trip back I started over heating. Ended up being a bad thermostat. Finally pulled it out after replacing the impeller but I was able to get back under my own power and we made it back before dark.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score

havasuhusker

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I saw @havasuhusker in antelope then we passed by him again in Padre. I know where you are heading you won't have much service but your float is very nice! Hope he has a good trip. We were going to try and make it up to west canyon to see @mesquito_creek but we had some boat issues with bad sensors on my father in laws boat so we kept things conservative.

It was a good thing too because as we made our trip back I started over heating. Ended up being a bad thermostat. Finally pulled it out after replacing the impeller but I was able to get back under my own power and we made it back before dark.
That was me! Thank you. We are up in Last Chance. Had to spend 2 days in the marina due to the wind. Ended up scratching my gel, but it can be fixed and we are now having a great time. Sucks you had issues. Hopefully next time we run into each other I can buy you a lake soda or two.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
That was me! Thank you. We are up in Last Chance. Had to spend 2 days in the marina due to the wind. Ended up scratching my gel, but it can be fixed and we are now having a great time. Sucks you had issues. Hopefully next time we run into each other I can buy you a lake soda or two.
Yes that wind was horrible! In laws were nice enough to let us stay with them on their house boat in wahweep. Our weekend was off to a rough start already and we didn't want to shred our tent and ezup.

Next time we run into each other I'll know it's your boat and I'll definitely stop and say hello and share a few lake sodas with ya!!

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Really keeping our fingers crossed that we can use the valet ramp at Antelope in July. I have things arranged at Wahweap if needed, but have no real desire to drive the maytag.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Really keeping our fingers crossed that we can use the valet ramp at Antelope in July. I have things arranged at Wahweap if needed, but have no real desire to drive the maytag.
They better be crossed really really tight… that’s a long shot for sure. Become one with the Maytag. It’s two more straights after antelope so you really only have 30% more muck to deal with coming out of wahweep.

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
Any recent pics of the no wake zone through Antelope?

That rock slide was wild to watch on video, bet it was jaw dropping in person.
It's wide enough for two houseboats. They arranged the marina so it is similar to last year

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
How much closer do the marina cables feel through it? 😛

@Nanu/Nanu I showed my lady your photos in anticipation of our trip out. We’re planning a night or two away from the houseboat setup just like y’all.

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
How much closer do the marina cables feel through it? 😛

@Nanu/Nanu I showed my lady your photos in anticipation of our trip out. We’re planning a night or two away from the houseboat setup just like y’all.
I ended up getting pampered by the inlaws. We started off with two blown tires Friday evening by the gap. Strapped up my axle and hobbled along until my father in law was able to meet me with another spare on the highway. When we saw the wind forecast and felt it Saturday morning we decided we didn't want to thrash the tents. And the inlaws opened the houseboat to us.

The pics were taken Monday. Haha as luck would have it the weather was amazing after the holiday.

I will be up there again June 11 for a week and I will get photos of the tent setup for you then!!!

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
They better be crossed really really tight… that’s a long shot for sure. Become one with the Maytag. It’s two more straights after antelope so you really only have 30% more muck to deal with coming out of wahweep.
Yeah, I know right? Last year we were day to day operations there, this year I have two trips and not looking good for the valet ramp.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
@Nanu/Nanu please take photos of the setup early on as I’d like to keep expectations low lol

Sounds like you went through it all this last trip out. Good to hear family had your back. What’s the plan for the overheating issue?