WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Travis, TX

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
Anybody been to Lake Travis near Austin, TX? Just flew over going into Austin and it was packed with boats and looks like a really nice place.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I think @rrrr knows the place well too. Looks like a great place, but only been "online dreaming".

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score

rrrr

Reaction score

2Driver

Reaction score
Been twice its great. Lot of nice lake homes but water can seriously fluctuate Look into the town of Lakeway. I would like to go to the next lake up as well, Lake LBJ.

svlperry

Reaction score
I just went out of a Marina last week called Briarcliff Marina it’s at mile marker 26 went from mile marker 26 all the way to mile marker eight lots of water out there really nice lake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rrrr

Reaction score
Sorry you didn’t get it Bob Newhart. I was being sarcastic.

Oh. I'm really out of the loop on network TV shows, and celebrities. I've never watched even one episode of Friends, Seinfeld, etc., and couldn't pick Kim Kardashian out of a lineup.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Its a good lake, lots of cabin cruisers, Cobalts, and wake boats running around with a handful of houseboats as well.

Like every other lake in the country it seems, we've been hit with insane "covid crowds" and lots of first time boaters. The rental and boat club fleets have grown tremendously in the last year.

The water is 25ft low but there is still plenty of water there, it is a fluctuation lake that is used to stabilize water levels of other lakes on the LCRA chain and it will fluctuate about 25' a year on average (most areas are still well over 100' deep currently)

We just got blasted by another microburst style storm 2 days ago that had 70mph sustained winds and pea sized hail when it rolled through. A very cool electric storm followed it though and I had a great view from the houseboat I was on.

Happy Memorial Day Everyone, especially to our RDP Vets and their families

sirbob

Reaction score
Great lake for boating when there is water in it.

I lived on the lake for a few years and kept my boat in Hurst Harbor - I’ve had a bunch of friends that had a beautiful dock set up / only to have it sit in the mud year after year because of low water.

TX Foilhead

Reaction score
With the way it’s been raining this month, I’m half expecting floodgates to be open by next weekend. Every River feeding into the Highland lakes has had a decent rise in the last week or so, that means all the stock tanks are full from Junction to Brownwood so the lakes should start to fill with a good rain.

rrrr

Reaction score
Great lake for boating when there is water in it.

I lived on the lake for a few years and kept my boat in Hurst Harbor - I’ve had a bunch of friends that had a beautiful dock set up / only to have it sit in the mud year after year because of low water.

A good friend of mine's parents had a nice house on Graveyard Point. When the lake was full, it was on a nice bay, when low it was a long hike across Sandy soil.

sirbob

Reaction score
A good friend of mine's parents had a nice house on Graveyard Point. When the lake was full, it was on a nice bay, when low it was a long hike across Sandy soil.

I knew a number of people on Challenger - they had lots of dry summers in their coves.

rrrr

Reaction score
With the way it’s been raining this month, I’m half expecting floodgates to be open by next weekend. Every River feeding into the Highland lakes has had a decent rise in the last week or so, that means all the stock tanks are full from Junction to Brownwood so the lakes should start to fill with a good rain.

Every lake in North Texas is above full pool. Some parks and ramps were closed last week. It's rained almost 10" in May.

TX Foilhead

Reaction score
We haven’t been as fortunate so far this year. Today’s showers have been killing Abilene and we will get some water from everything south of Abilene in Buchannan. May not help Travis now, but in August it will slow the drop when Travis is releasing water for irrigation.

If you look at the overall water storage in Texas, everything east of I35 tends to be full this time of year. 80% full is good becuse there are lakes in west Texas that have never been full, anything above that is a bonus, I don’t believe we’ve ever gotten to 90%.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I've owned a couple cabin cruisers there.... One at Emerald Point, and one at Lake Travis Marina. We went a lot when we first had each one then kinda tapered off then sold them. Devils cove is fun, and there are several dock restaurants you can go too. Good scenery and people for the most part. My only real gripe is that its a "bathtub" lake meaning its rock everywhere and once the wakes get bigger and bigger it makes for an unpleasant day. It's great during the week or normal weekends. @Shlbyntro has a cruiser at LTM, but LTM is a shit show at the moment.