WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lakers fans: Trevor Ariza signs with the ROCKETS

MMD

Banned Inmate #2584...Now Inmate #20161
Reaction score
The Lakers let Trevor Ariza walk away and instead signed Ron Artest who is a very good player (arguably better than Ariza) but Artest comes with a whole suitcase full of problems (guy has serious emotional issues).

What's interesting is that the Rockets and Lakers essentially traded forwards through free agency.

I sure hope Kobe Bryant blessed this move or he's gonna be a pouting bitch again.

HOUSTON - The Houston Rockets have reached a multiyear deal with free agent Trevor Ariza, a person familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press on Thursday night.

The person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because NBA rules prohibit announcing free-agent deals until next week, said the Rockets offered Ariza the full mid-level exception for the first year, about $5.6 million.

Ariza is coming to Houston just as Ron Artest decided to leave and play for the Los Angeles Lakers. Ariza is likely to take Artest’s spot in the Rockets’ starting lineup.

The 6-foot-8 Ariza averaged 8.9 points, 4.3 rebounds and 1.8 assists for the Lakers last season, which ended with the NBA championship.

The 24-year-old Ariza earned $3.1 million last season and he boosted his value during the playoffs, when he averaged 11.3 points, 4.2 rebounds and 2.3 assists.

Ariza was acquired by the Lakers in a trade from Orlando in November 2007. He just completed his fifth NBA season after being drafted by the New York Knicks with the 43rd overall pick in 2004.

shueman

Reaction score
Don't think Artest will be a Laker long...Mitch will package him up and deal him off...

Riverratrob

Reaction score
Looks like Kobe just got his Dennis Rodman a player who wont take shit and will act as a enforcer when his teammates get into schuffle's :thumbsup,got say I definetly like the move but on the other hand Ariza is looking at a possible losing season if YAO elects surgery.

MMD

Banned Inmate #2584...Now Inmate #20161
Reaction score
One other big benefit for Kobe is he doesn't have to play against Artest. :)

River918

Reaction score
I bet Ariza is ready to kick his manager's ass. Laker's called his bluff...

shueman

Reaction score
I bet Ariza is ready to kick his manager's ass. Laker's called his bluff...
Exactly...:thumbsup Mitch told him to take the Houston deal...not interested...:D Bye, bye Trevor