WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LAM 2023 Ford Lighting F-150 EV

boatpi

Reaction score
Two awd vehicles. Just 12 mpg [maybe], and EV. Detailed both last weekend over a beer.
1095FE3C-64F4-4D00-AA0A-09E08ECE7A2A.jpeg

Reactions: DWC

riverroyal

Reaction score
The 50k f150 does not have the same trim package as a 100k lighting
LoF Yore math is incorrect.
Try a 65 to 70k lariat.

I like them. But for me I like bigger than stock wheels. If you attempt to level a lightning and put 33, 34, 35s on it I better your range would tank.
So it doesn't fit for me.

If these get to 500 mile range at 80-85mph then im closer. Years off

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
The 50k f150 does not have the same trim package as a 100k lighting
LoF Yore math is incorrect.
Try a 65 to 70k lariat.

I like them. But for me I like bigger than stock wheels. If you attempt to level a lightning and put 33, 34, 35s on it I better your range would tank.
So it doesn't fit for me.

If these get to 500 mile range at 80-85mph then im closer. Years off

Who needs a Lariat trim package to launch a bote?

We are a decade off of electric trucks replacing ICE trucks. Remember 10 years ago when they said 90% of cars would be autonomous by 2025 😂

For fleets I think that is much sooner. My brother is trying to buy several of these for his municipality.

Last edited:

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Personal experience. Best bud got one in September. Range is all about usage - hook a trailer to it, cut the range in half. 110 power for recharge - 40% battery after 8 hours. Range is 90 miles, empty above 40 degrees. 220 charge takes about 4 hours if you start at 25%. Factory charger is really noisy - annoying. $90M otd. At 100% charge, 250 miles - 200 if you want to know you’ll make it home. All this w/o annual taxes - Ohio, but 6.75% at sale. Don’t know what happens in an accident ( parts, cost, etc). I have a 2021 High Country - he told me I really missed it when I got it - already had his Lightning on order - told me yesterday that he wished he would have done what I did - $65M otd, so I’ll have a ton of room for gas purchases before I get to him - range is 400 miles, then a 5 minute fill up! Just sayin my experience. BTW, mines faster !

Taboma

Reaction score
Personal experience. Best bud got one in September. Range is all about usage - hook a trailer to it, cut the range in half. 110 power for recharge - 40% battery after 8 hours. Range is 90 miles, empty above 40 degrees. 220 charge takes about 4 hours if you start at 25%. Factory charger is really noisy - annoying. $90M otd. At 100% charge, 250 miles - 200 if you want to know you’ll make it home. All this w/o annual taxes - Ohio, but 6.75% at sale. Don’t know what happens in an accident ( parts, cost, etc). I have a 2021 High Country - he told me I really missed it when I got it - already had his Lightning on order - told me yesterday that he wished he would have done what I did - $65M otd, so I’ll have a ton of room for gas purchases before I get to him - range is 400 miles, then a 5 minute fill up! Just sayin my experience. BTW, mines faster !
" BTW, mines faster ! " Ahhhhh, nope, not even close 🤣
Then your friend's Lightning is sick and should be hospitalized immediately, or worse, you've also got a 100mph jetboat. ;)😁
Otherwise, it's not even close in anybody else's book, except perhaps yours which I seriously doubt.

boatpi

Reaction score
OK here’s the first long distance update drove it from Las Vegas to corona. That’s about 245 miles is still showed 69 miles left on the charge.. that evening it got driven to Anaheim, then Huntington Beach the next day and the charge was getting low.

My brother-in-law had it so he took it to a local fast charge port at the marina shopping center on Edinger and Springdale in Huntington Beach, which is all free! Ford provides two years of free charging Nationwide. The truck charged to 270 miles of available. Keep it in mind the maximum is about 320 miles..
So I essentially got 7/8 of a tank of fuel in about 25 minutes for free.

at that point the charging slows down to maintain long life and battery so he just called it a day went home and plug it in to have it topped off to the 320 overnight.

So from what we can tell he can drive well over 250/275 miles find a fast charge station almost anywhere keep in mind the GPS will take you there automatically in an under 30 minutes charger self up to another 250+ or more miles. This is all done through the FordPass system on your phone or with the GPS on the 15 1/2 inch TFT display screen.

Next week the fast charge station that comes with the extended battery option package from a Ford supplier will be received and installed in a house. This avoids going to a fast charge station is it could be done with a 40 amp 220 V circuit at any location..

Keep in mind if you ever look for these trucks, do not go for the standard battery always the extended battery which is an option even on the XLT.

So Cal to Havasu illistration. So if you use this as a commute vehicle, or whatever and elect to drive to Havasu area. Drive to Barstow and use one on close to 50 EV chargers, charge to 270 miles in under 30 minutes. Drive to Havasu which is 180 miles. Top off there or at your pad, drive back and repeat. All for free.

Last edited:

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I think the gas station at Rice should make a comeback as an EV charging waypoint. That would massively help anyone trying to tow with an EV truck.

It could be the Renaissance of Rice.

Or even Desert Center (both would be great EV charge stops).

fastenuff3

Reaction score
OK here’s the first long distance update drove it from Las Vegas to corona. That’s about 245 miles is still showed 69 miles left on the charge.. that evening it got driven to Anaheim, then Huntington Beach the next day and the charge was getting low.

My brother-in-law had it so he took it to a local fast charge port at the marina shopping center on Edinger and Springdale in Huntington Beach, which is all free! Ford provides two years of free charging Nationwide. The truck charged to 270 miles of available. Keep it in mind the maximum is about 320 miles..
So I essentially got 7/8 of a tank of fuel in about 25 minutes for free.

at that point the charging slows down to maintain long life and battery so he just called it a day went home and plug it in to have it topped off to the 320 overnight.

So from what we can tell he can drive well over 250/275 miles find a fast charge station almost anywhere keep in mind the GPS will take you there automatically in an under 30 minutes charger self up to another 250+ or more miles. This is all done through the FordPass system on your phone or with the GPS on the 15 1/2 inch TFT display screen.

Next week the fast charge station that comes with the extended battery option package from a Ford supplier will be received and installed in a house. This avoids going to a fast charge station is it could be done with a 40 amp 220 V circuit at any location..

Keep in mind if you ever look for these trucks, do not go for the standard battery always the extended battery which is an option even on the XLT.

So Cal to Havasu illistration. So if you use this as a commute vehicle, or whatever and elect to drive to Havasu area. Drive to Barstow and use one on close to 50 EV chargers, charge to 270 miles in under 30 minutes. Drive to Havasu which is 180 miles. Top off there or at your pad, drive back and repeat. All for free.
you guys all have free electricity?a 40amp 220v is like running another air conditioner .

boatpi

Reaction score
Solar at homes, and Ford Pass free charging at charge stations for first two years. Even if you do not have solar, it 80% charges in less than 30 minutes, just time it to start at 10PM, lower KW rate.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Solar at homes, and Ford Pass free charging at charge stations for first two years. Even if you do not have solar, it 80% charges in less than 30 minutes, just time it to start at 10PM, lower KW rate.

What are the costs to charge after 2 years (probably unknown)? What would the cost be to fast charge it today? Who is Ford using for their charger infrastructure?

boatpi

Reaction score
Fords EV charging system is hooked in with Electrify AMerica, and every pubic EV charger online. It even tells you if the chargers are currently being used. I found a GMC dealership in Vegas by my house that is free. too.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
What are the costs to charge after 2 years (probably unknown)? What would the cost be to fast charge it today? Who is Ford using for their charger infrastructure?
Don’t think it matters much in two years, if the powers that be get their way and convert the masses over electric, rates will skyrocket much higher than they are now just like they do with gasoline.

Oh, never mind I forgot, solar and wind is going to save us all. 🙄

I don’t know the future, but I certainly hope they get it figured out quickly as this shit is ramping up.

Hmmm… I want to remember a time when clean, burning natural gas was going to save the world.🤣

badgas

Reaction score
Like I said 5 times now.. if it works for him great.

It does not work out for the public at large. If it did there would be electric cars coast to coast already🤣

My electricity is under $.07 a KWh. I don’t even need solar, that does not pencil out here either.

Nor does it pencil for me to spend $100k on a truck to charge at my house when I can fill a $50k truck with gas for $3.50 a gallon.

In 4 years on the high side I have put $25k in gas in my truck at 75k miles.

I’m over $25k ahead still.

As we both said, the math does not lie.
I know the RDP mindset is that EV's suck but then again everyone has an Electric golf cart.

I tried to make the math work for me and so far i'm happy. We spent $40K on a solar setup to out produce our current usage. We will be getting a $12K tax credit so $30K for the Solar and we shoud have a 5-6 year ROI. I needed a commuter for long sales calls and trips to SD to visit my daughter. I purchased a nice CPO tesla Model 3 for $31K+tax about the price of nice used Prius Prime or a new PHEV.

When the sun is out I run the house, pump the pool and charge the car ( about 50-60 miles per day ) and still have a credit. I know this will change in summer with AC use but it's still working as advertised.

That $64K has elimintated about $700+ per month in SCE and Gas stations.

IMO this works becasue the EV we purchased was in same price range as ICE/Hybrid commuters.

I would NEVER want to be and EV only household but they do have their place.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
What if you can't charge your EV at home? Lots of people live in apartments with street parking....what will they buy when their V6 Chargers and Nissan Maximas need to be replaced and there are no more new gasoline cars?

Reactions: DWC

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
So to all those living in the big 8, with street parking, the plan is NO CARS. It looks like “green”, but it feels like control to me. 1/2 of us live in the chicken coops of the big 8, 1/2 of us live. That’s why the political divide is what it is. When the poop hits, I’ll take my chances living out with my buddies in the “fly over”.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I know the RDP mindset is that EV's suck but then again everyone has an Electric golf cart.

I tried to make the math work for me and so far i'm happy. We spent $40K on a solar setup to out produce our current usage. We will be getting a $12K tax credit so $30K for the Solar and we shoud have a 5-6 year ROI. I needed a commuter for long sales calls and trips to SD to visit my daughter. I purchased a nice CPO tesla Model 3 for $31K+tax about the price of nice used Prius Prime or a new PHEV.

When the sun is out I run the house, pump the pool and charge the car ( about 50-60 miles per day ) and still have a credit. I know this will change in summer with AC use but it's still working as advertised.

That $64K has elimintated about $700+ per month in SCE and Gas stations.

IMO this works becasue the EV we purchased was in same price range as ICE/Hybrid commuters.

I would NEVER want to be and EV only household but they do have their place.

That’s a good setup indeed, Nice work. Used EVs are the way to go to make the math work.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
What if you can't charge your EV at home? Lots of people live in apartments with street parking....what will they buy when their V6 Chargers and Nissan Maximas need to be replaced and there are no more new gasoline cars?
I’m sure the “gubment” has a plan to force property owners into retrofitting their income properties. You know we have to save the planet.🤣

Andy B.

Reaction score
Wait until you have to replace the batteries.......And remember every year solar panels loose their efficiency not a lot but in 20 years it's almost nothing so how much to replace the panels on your roof? I might be wrong and someone correct me if I'm wrong about the solar panels. But my buddy needed to replace the batteries in his hybrid Lexus 350 and was quoted $30,000.00 to 35,000.00 from dealer, no thanks I'll keep my truck plus it pulls my boat.😁.
I'm wrong every now and then but at least I can admit unlike the government and a few others.......

Andy B.

Reaction score
Wait until you have to replace the batteries.......And remember every year solar panels loose their efficiency not a lot but in 20 years it's almost nothing so how much to replace the panels on your roof? I might be wrong and someone correct me if I'm wrong about the solar panels. But my buddy needed to replace the batteries in his hybrid Lexus 350 and was quoted $30,000.00 to 35,000.00 from dealer, no thanks I'll keep my truck plus it pulls my boat.😁.
I'm wrong every now and then but at least I can admit unlike the government and a few others.......
It was around $28,000.00 that was a year ago on the Lexus I just text him .

Markus

Reaction score
He shouldn’t have gone to the Lexus dealer.

When they introduced catalytic converters over here in the late eighties, people looked up the prices in the OEM parts price list. “If one of these needs to be replaced in 10 years time, it will cost 1500 dollars”. Today, you can get one in the auto parts store for 70 dollars.

Stop worrying folks. EVs are great. My tow vehicle has a supercharged V8. I bet its replacement will be electric.

“The original Torqueflite transmission is the best ever. A regular guy can rebuild it in an afternoon. Nobody needs more than 3 speeds anyway”

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
It was around $28,000.00 that was a year ago on the Lexus I just text him .
I'm not sure how that's possible...Lexus/Toyota batteries are typically less than $5K. I just looked up a 2016 ES300h and the battery lists for $3500. Looked up a 2007 RX400h and the battery is just shy of $5K. Someone is making up some bullshit I think.

Andy B.

Reaction score
I'm not sure how that's possible...Lexus/Toyota batteries are typically less than $5K. I just looked up a 2016 ES300h and the battery lists for $3500. Looked up a 2007 RX400h and the battery is just shy of $5K. Someone is making up some bullshit I think.
Is there an installation and disposal fee ? I'm going to some research 5k doesn't sound right but again I'm going to call a guy I know at the local dealer and report back.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Did a quick search(duc,duc go) on genuine Lexus parts up to 7,000.00 maybe I heard him wrong or they were just trying to sell him a new car. He is not a mechanical person at all and knows nothing about cars just drives them.

On the other note what about the solar panels is that wrong also?

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
And remember every year solar panels loose their efficiency not a lot but in 20 years it's almost nothing so how much to replace the panels on your roof? I might be wrong and someone correct me if I'm wrong about the solar panels.
You are so off base about this.... A simple google search would tell you that you are wrong.

Off hand the vast majority of panel makers warranty their linear production for 25-30 years with a guaranteed output of at least 82.5% at the end of the warranty term.

boatpi

Reaction score
Justin, looking at the Ford website which anyone can go to a Google for EV charging locations put in ZIP Codes your location our location b. I had no idea there were so many electric charging stations throughout the southwest United States it’s almost endless keeping in mind that most electric vehicles go well over 200 miles so even if you stopped over 200 miles for 20 minutes that would be the worst case scenario.

I guess my point in of it says if you use it every day for a commute or work truck, and do less than 200 miles a day you can easily keep it, topped off and not pay for fuel. If you go out of town just doesn’t seem that difficult on a level two charger to keep it going.
I never wanna talk about replacing batteries they have extensive life on them. That’s just a warranty watchlist how long they’ll last after the warranty. It’s just something that I don’t concern myself with because most businesses depreciate this out in about four years or five at the most, and go to another vehicle.

I’m not a propeller head environmentalist, but I do see value in a vehicle like this, it has a place

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Is there an installation and disposal fee ? I'm going to some research 5k doesn't sound right but again I'm going to call a guy I know at the local dealer and report back.
Yeah, but it ain't $23K

Taboma

Reaction score
You are so off base about this.... A simple google search would tell you that you are wrong.

Off hand the vast majority of panel makers warranty their linear production for 25-30 years with a guaranteed output of at least 82.5% at the end of the warranty term.
I was going to say that my system is 13 years old and there's more loss if I allow them to get too dirty then any measurable degradation.

Andy B.

Reaction score

Ok thanks for the info I was mislead an told wrong , so I was wrong but I don't trust Google period . I figured the solar guy would chime in.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I was going to say that my system is 13 years old and there's more loss if I allow them to get too dirty then any measurable degradation.
you are exactly right. Manufacturers give a degradation window but they also give a lot of CYA room on them. Degradation isn’t in the vast majority of cases anywhere near as much as what they are warrantied to.

Keeping your panels relatively clean is really important. it doesn’t take much other than your water hose and an attachment bottle of Windex house cleaner or similar. Never hit your panels with a power washer or similar as it can blow out your seals and void the warranty.

You can see a massive drop in production for panels that are covered in caked on dust it’s kind of crazy how bad some people let their systems get especially commercial.

Roosky01

Reaction score
He may piss peeps right the heck off sometimes, but this is one subject where LOF is dialed right in on...

badgas

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the info I was mislead an told wrong , so I was wrong but I don't trust Google period . I figured the solar guy would chime in.
Even if they went from 100% production to zero in 25 years if you have a 5-7 year ROI then you would have 13-15 years of gravy.

All of the waranties around what I have and what we sell will cover you for 25 years.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
We have not even talked about the cost for a battery wall and solar to charge the thing for “free”… paying $200-300k to drive an electric truck for “free” when I can pay $50k for a truck and put gas in it when I want to drive it just does not sound that free to me :)

You do not need a battery wall if you have solar to charge a vehicle.

What you need is a NEM 2.0 contract that allows the production you do make to be " bankable" / fungible.

NEM 2.0 expires in April 2023.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You do not need a battery wall if you have solar to charge a vehicle.

What you need is a NEM 2.0 contract that allows the production you do make to be " bankable" / fungible.

NEM 2.0 expires in April 2023.

How do you charge it for “free” at night when you are home without a battery wall?

This whole thing gets less and less feasible at time goes on, which I suppose is the point. By the time electric cars have a significant marketshare, it will cost more than a tank of gas does to charge them.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
How do you charge it for “free” at night when you are home without a battery wall?

This whole thing gets less and less feasible at time goes on, which I suppose is the point. By the time electric cars have a significant marketshare, it will cost more than a tank of gas does to charge them.

Because any overage you make is effectively "banked" for future use by the power company.

If you use 1000KWH and make 1200 the 200 is carried over as a credit against future consumption.

When this goes away the feasibility and ROI of solar goes out the window.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Because any overage you make is effectively "banked" for future use by the power company.

If you use 1000KWH and make 1200 the 200 is carried over as a credit against future consumption.

When this goes away the feasibility and ROI of solar goes out the window.

Exactly my point. After April you’ll need a battery wall.

If you expanded or replaced a current solar setup in the future do you keep the same agreement or do you default to the new one?

If you have all of this infrastructure already, great. If you don’t, it makes less and less sense as time goes on.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

If you expanded or replaced a current solar setup in the future do you keep the same agreement or do you default to the new one?

If you have all of this infrastructure already, great. If you don’t, it makes less and less sense as time goes on.

You will not "need" a battery wall, but if you want the charging to be " free" you'll have to charge during the day when you are productive.

You can still offset your own use, but the time of day crediting will become egregious- " incentivizing" you to add a battery.

A NEM 2.0 contract can be added to, capacity wise and battery wise.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
This is what a weeks worth of winter solar production looks like at my place.

Note - I banked/ "net exported" 77.3 KWH - about enough for one " tank" in an EV.

Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 8.17.44 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 8.17.17 AM.png

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
OP - congrats on your lightning. Im sure it's a blast to drive and you will get lots of enjoyment from it.

My beef with the lightning is that it simply isnt competitive from trip perspective when it comes to DC fast charging.

Given its rather large battery it should be able to sustain a much higher state of charge for much longer than it does.

waiting 30-40 minutes is about double what Telsa and hyundai/kia take to reach 80% before rolling out.

The way I travel a 15 minute stop does not add to my time, but a 40 minute stop absolutely does.

Ford is behind the market leaders.

Last edited:

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

People who signed onto solar 10 years ago got the best ROI in almost all areas....early adopters, more incentives, the best NEM terms etc. Kind of like a situation you are involved in...you bought in early so you got a better deal than someone who signs up today. My OG customers back in HI had 2-3 year ROI's and a ton of state incentives on top of federal ones. The original NEM agreement there was hands down the best I ever dealt with. $17 base charge, and 1:1 net metering. Those early adopters made out like bandits.

Net Energy Metering is how, banked credits etc. The New NEM for CA does have some impacts that are negative...however it still makes sense to do it as the cost of power is high in most parts of CA. I wouldn't be doing solar in your area since you pay so little per kWh and thats unlikely to change anytime soon.

You don't, but in a lot of cases it makes more sense to add a battery if you don't get signed up before the end of April. If someone was WFH etc they could be catching their excess production in their vehicle battery, not something I have the time to sit and explain but is possible. Battery systems are not one size fits all there are many options and nuances to different ones.

This is not a cut and dry answer as there are some rules to it.

If someone is interested in finding out the facts about NEM changes and their impacts on going Solar now or the impact of waiting I would do the following: If you are in board member @BasilHayden 's service area set up an appointment with his company to get the FACTS. If you are outside of his service area there are a number of reputable companies who can break it down for a homeowner and their unique situation (everyones finances and needs are different).

boatpi

Reaction score
It seems every state has a different solar law for credit. In NV, my state I get 89% credit per KW. I have NEVER paid for electricity except for my hook up fee of $10.50 per month since the install 3 + years ago.

boatpi

Reaction score
A little update as I noted previously I ordered this in 2021 and it arrived 17 months later. Although the dealer had no clue, I called Ford fleet and kept on top of this asking for price protection since 2021. I was a first day on the order bank.
Fast forward to after I picked it up. I kept working with the administration of the dealer who had to work with Ford for three months because they change programs in between. Apparently he was a paperwork nightmare.

Last week I received a check for $8500!!!! it gets even better that brings the purchase price below 80,000 which is what I was seeking because now I get a $7500 federal tax credit.

To show you how worthless Congress is as if you needed any evidence, many of the electric vehicles go be on the price threshold, because of the cost of the extended range battery in validating them for a tax credit.
So my net cost of his truck is $77,800 not counting the tax credit.

If you figure the tax credit at the very minimum is worth $10,000 to me that makes this about a $67,000 truck.

Loaded lariat all wheel drive.

Taboma

Reaction score
A little update as I noted previously I ordered this in 2021 and it arrived 17 months later. Although the dealer had no clue, I called Ford fleet and kept on top of this asking for price protection since 2021. I was a first day on the order bank.
Fast forward to after I picked it up. I kept working with the administration of the dealer who had to work with Ford for three months because they change programs in between. Apparently he was a paperwork nightmare.

Last week I received a check for $8500!!!! it gets even better that brings the purchase price below 80,000 which is what I was seeking because now I get a $7500 federal tax credit.

To show you how worthless Congress is as if you needed any evidence, many of the electric vehicles go be on the price threshold, because of the cost of the extended range battery in validating them for a tax credit.
So my net cost of his truck is $77,800 not counting the tax credit.

If you figure the tax credit at the very minimum is worth $10,000 to me that makes this about a $67,000 truck.

Loaded lariat all wheel drive.
And your mentioning this to the RDP membership because you think most will stand and applaud, knowing they're contributing to subsidizing your purchase of a vehicle most, if not the vast majority detest ? :oops:
Oh, is that a nice green Lambo I see parked next to it ? 🤔
Well then shucks, sure, I'd love to chip in, I can see that you're in dire need of financial assistance. 🤣

Thanks for sharing 🥴;)

boatpi

Reaction score
I do not make these laws, in business it is all about the numbers, but your point taken. Business are in business to MAKE money, and every advantage can count on the bottom line. Ask RD, it is not about being greedy, and benefits like this keep prices lower if our margin remains the same. We hold a thin margin, all on volume. If we did not, then homeowners would pay much more, a higher price like our competitors.

But do not make me the bad boy, I am just pointing out what government is doing to promote EV purchases, and how that can result in a decision by a business owner to purchase as opposed to an ICE vehicle. EV's do have a place, but not for everyone.

Need to bitch, then look at 2024 Mustangs have a gas guzzler tax, a tax to nowhere, a joke, a scam.

Taboma

Reaction score
I do not make these laws, in business it is all about the numbers, but your point taken. Business are in business to MAKE money, and every advantage can count on the bottom line. Ask RD, it is not about being greedy, and benefits like this keep prices lower if our margin remains the same. We hold a thin margin, all on volume. If we did not, then homeowners would pay much more, a higher price like our competitors.

But do not make me the bad boy, I am just pointing out what government is doing to promote EV purchases, and how that can result in a decision by a business owner to purchase as opposed to an ICE vehicle. EV's do have a place, but not for everyone.

Need to bitch, then look at 2024 Mustangs have a gas guzzler tax, a tax to nowhere, a joke, a scam.
Just goofin with you, albeit with due consideration to the honest views of most the members, including my old ass, that CA and the feds are shoving these EVs up our collective asses, like it or not.

So sure, I'm happy that you're happy with your purchase, and you're smart enough to buy it right. Otherwise, I'm adamantly opposed to being forced to participate in subsidizing your purchase or any aspect of this EV push.
And we both know, us John Doe public subsidizing these purchases, isn't even the tip of the iceberg we are and will be paying for this huge leap for mankind into the future.

PS; I also think if Ford wants to sell EVs F150s, they seriously need to step up the exterior appearance well beyond this current XLT persona they've saddled it with.

attitude

Reaction score
I’ve seen multiple lightnings towing decent size trailers by now.

Easter weekend I saw a Lightning heading up the grade after Palm Springs towing a 28-30ft Airstream, he would need to make it all the way to Blythe before charging I believe.

The next weekend I was at the Islander telling my buddy who is a Ford fan about it, I look over and here comes the same truck and trailer pulling into the Islander, I thought that was a funny coincidence.

I guess that guy gets some good range, a 28-30ft airstream can’t be that light.

Taboma

Reaction score
I’ve seen multiple lightnings towing decent size trailers by now.

Easter weekend I saw a Lightning heading up the grade after Palm Springs towing a 28-30ft Airstream, he would need to make it all the way to Blythe before charging I believe.

The next weekend I was at the Islander telling my buddy who is a Ford fan about it, I look over and here comes the same truck and trailer pulling into the Islander, I thought that was a funny coincidence.

I guess that guy gets some good range, a 28-30ft airstream can’t be that light.
Appears there's charging stations at Chiriaco Summit if needed. But Indio to Blythe is 97 miles, so unless towing about 7K of trailer and accessories up Chiriaco grade sucks out more juice than that, they might make it to Blythe --- Might :oops:

sintax

Reaction score
F93F76DB-DAEF-43C3-A9F0-E6B858BE2FD1.jpeg

Just topping the ol tank off so they can tow home.

Perfect example of all that’s wrong with society today