WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LAM; Christmas did comeEarly!!

boatpi

Reaction score
Not tracking it, if I wanted that I would order a new 2021 Huracan STV. https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2021-lamborghini-huracan-sto-first-look/

Insurance on my Gallardo LP was cheap, like $890 a year. Not soooo with the, the old "Lambo Tax", about $3,200 a year. And YES, it is tracked X2.

This is not a real joy to drive in traffic, but having move to Las Vegas two years ago, we have nothing but wide open spaces. (Kept HB house). Roads are a mix, but getting better. I know the G car goes 200 MPH, this one should be good for 220+. some day. It is a large car, even less visibility so more attention is indeed needed. yet the ride is just prefect, four different magnetic suspension driving modes, and one is super smooth on the open road, yet it is a beast when you punch it. it wakes up at 3,000 RPM, exhaust valves go wide open, back off and it cackles even with stock exhaust. Tememetrics are outstanding, if you like even a track time can be recorded, and more. Owner manual is 350 pages plus 150 for sound system, so much you could never utilize all of it. But hey, who wants to listed to music, I have 12 cylinders worth!

Driving to Vegas house on the 27th, look for it N/B I-15 in the am. At 11-14 MPG I will need to stop for fuel even though it has a 22.5 gallon tank.

Last edited:

traquer

Reaction score
Badass! I thought I was hot shit when I got my M3 and then a lambo blew me off the highway. He was going so fast I didn't even really see what model it was lol

Congrats

boatpi

Reaction score
I do have to think Audi for buying this company years ago I’ve taken to the next level I have a bottomless pit for R&D and it slides over into the Audi models.

Some of the parts are from Germany like the carbon fiber brakes and things of that sort hey that’s fine it’s all top quality stuff but this thing is 100% Italian. Manufacturing quality is absolute unimaginable I’ve been to the factory I see what they do I’ve seen these cars made the entire tub is 100% carbon fiber most of that technology invented by Lamborghini they do massive research on carbon you can read about it all of the net. This is not true with most Ferrari models I need a lot of attention. Not to mention they pretty much gone all turbo charged now this is naturally aspirated.

in the end you get a super car that is reasonably comfortable your condition actually works has good Tele metrics hauls ass and is not that expensive to maintain. My Gallardo never broke, never needed more than oil change or brake system flush.

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
Simply awesome car, congrats! The build quality and engineering of both Lambo and Ferrari the past 10 years is night and day different.

I will have my 488 at Willow Springs in mid January for an open track event if you want to haul it up there...

boatpi

Reaction score
That 488 is a sweet car, glad to see that you drive the shit out of it.

I know my Gallardo goes 200, maybe in 2021 I will give this S a run past 200. I hear it is good for over 220. It is a beast, reading the book, it has a capacitor starting system for the engine. That is why it takes 5 seconds to engage the starter after pushing the start button. The 1900 RPM , settling down to a 1,100 RPM idle. The exhaust vales open 100% at about 3,000, redline is 8,500.

I have just had it out twice in HB. I immediately noticed a difference in how cars react around me.

As an FYI if you own Ferrari, Lambo, etc., you always have to be very careful driving in local traffic, many photos taken, people speed past you for no valid reason, donkeys. But in this car no one passes me. Figuring that one out, I think everyone is just absorbing it all in, just like me.

Last edited:

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
Yea, the attention factor sucks.... I enjoy the driving aspects very much, such a fun car to drive.

I have had numerous Porsche TT's and love them, I wanted a rear wheel drive car that looked different then a 911 so bought a 488. Mine is a 2019 and I have already changed the Turbos and tuned it, well over 800 HP now and a real beast of a car, especially since it is not all wheel drive.... I have run the car well over 200 and will tell you once you are over 180 in these things steering input is the real deal..... The 488 is very planted at these speeds but man does it change direction with the slightest amount of steering input.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Simply awesome car, congrats! The build quality and engineering of both Lambo and Ferrari the past 10 years is night and day different.

I will have my 488 at Willow Springs in mid January for an open track event if you want to haul it up there...

OTR? Or running with another group?

boatpi

Reaction score
Yeah my friend ordered a new F8 tribute, he’s looking forward to it apparently it’s second quarter of twenty twenty one delivery he also owns a Diablo.

besides being all wheel drive this has all wheel steering. It steers into the corner above 45 and out for parking lot entry the opposite direction at speeds below 20 mph, this is one of the great attractions for this car.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Extreme Speed Event

I haven’t signed up for anything yet but was wanting to do an event or 2 next month. The Extreme event @ Streets of Willow on 23/24?

I don’t see a Big Willow event for them.

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
I haven’t signed up for anything yet but was wanting to do an event or 2 next month. The Extreme event @ Streets of Willow on 23/24?

I don’t see a Big Willow event for them.

yup

also looking at running Thunderhill in March, I love Thunderhill, all except the downhill off camber 4w turn. I just cannot seem to approach that turn right no matter what car I am driving, its a skill thing for sure.

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
Yeah my friend ordered a new F8 tribute, he’s looking forward to it apparently it’s second quarter of twenty twenty one delivery he also owns a Diablo.

besides being all wheel drive this has all wheel steering. It steers into the corner above 45 and out for parking lot entry the opposite direction at speeds below 20 mph, this is one of the great attractions for this car.

F8 is awesome car, did he look for any used 488 Pista's? Thats the route I would go, Pista is a better car and will hold its value WAY better

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
yup

also looking at running Thunderhill in March, I love Thunderhill, all except the downhill off camber 4w turn. I just cannot seem to approach that turn right no matter what car I am driving, its a skill thing for sure.

Love Thunderhill as well. I’ve only done 24HR of Lemons races there though, haven’t been with my own car.

Streets of Willow is a lot of fun. Your car will be barely be above a brisk walk LOL.

boatpi

Reaction score
No he just wanted the standard F8, it works for him.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

My buddy picked up an F8 Tributo a little over a month ago. Sold his 720s for it and absolutely loves it.

20201102_164727.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 20201102_164740.jpg
    20201102_164740.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 45

traquer

Reaction score
^ Awfully close to that curb lol. That thing looks mean as all hell in black too.