WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lamborghini Huraca'n ownership questions : Anyone check them out?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Questions:
What does the belt change out consist of and when and what is the cost?
Or do they even do that anymore.

I'm getting answers from people winging it.
Do they still pull the whole engine, do they take all day for 2 mechanics to adjust the valves?

At what mileage would you might expect the resale to tank?

Leno mentioned it's no doubt a more reliable car than one would expect, but service cost is way out there.

Wife checked them out and is talking one up.
Lots of things she likes about it.
Caught me off guard.

Thanks for any takes.

gqchris

Reaction score
TPC,

Awesome that you are looking at an exotic. Not sure if its your first, but i got my first a few months ago.

After scouring the forums, i found out that Alot of the service myths are just that, myths. I found a great independant mechanic, and that seems to really be a major key. I also discovered that i was already used to be bent over on repairs after owning boats for years. Lol. Kinda set me up to the high costs of ownership.

Get a PPI, find a good car, and just do it! You wont regret!

530RL

Reaction score
Here is a link to download a PDF of the maintenance schedule.

http://x5manual.com/file/2015-lamborghini-huracan-lp610-4-maintenance-schedule.pdf

Like most new cars, you can pre-buy a long term, long mileage maintenance plan that will cover everything but normal wear items such as tires. No different than a new BMW or Ferrari for that matter. They are transferable and used cars with the plan are worth more than those without.

Lamborghini is owned by the Volkswagen group through their subsidiary Audi. It's no longer like the old days.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Thanks for the takes.
Eye openers. :thumbup:

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
That's like the guy a while back that bought a 120k Magic deck boat
and complained about $300 for a 25 hr service ... Stuff cost money ,
and exotic stuff costs lots of money .

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

300??? I just paid double

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score

300??? I just paid double

You only paid $600?

You gotta tell me who your guy is. I got bent over so much last time I can't hear myself fart anymore.

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score

http://x5manual.com/file/2015-lamborghini-huracan-lp610-4-maintenance-schedule.pdf

Like most new cars, you can pre-buy a long term, long mileage maintenance plan that will cover everything but normal wear items such as tires. No different than a new BMW or Ferrari for that matter. They are transferable and used cars with the plan are worth more than those without.

Lamborghini is owned by the Volkswagen group through their subsidiary Audi. It's no longer like the old days.

Thank goodness for that, the Audi influence has improved fit and finish of Lamborghini's ten fold.:thumbup:

A Lamborghini Adventador is on my bucket list to buy before they throw me in the Furnace. :D

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

That's one dumb fucking statement.
Who's complaining?

Do you know what a belt change on a Lambo cost?
Obviously you have no clue comparing it to a $300 service.

Who's complaining?

gqchris

Reaction score

Says the guy that buys his clothes at Costco. Lol. And why the hell did someone pay 120k for a Magic!

boatpi

Reaction score
PM sent, but for all here are some details.
Huracan as about the sane yearly maintance as Gallardo LP's.

Yearly complete service, about $900-$1,100. That is it! No belts for cams, tires will last 7-11K miles, with normal use few Gallardo Lp's have ever had a clutch change, some with 50K miles. These are very reliable exotic cars as so much R and D was done by Audi. the transmission is improved in the Huracan over the G, in the real world it means faster shifts, one more gear (7), and improved shifting into gear at low speeds (dual clutch).

All are E gear, so Sport mode is in use about 90% of the time. You shift up in each gear, it will actually downshift is RPM lowers, like G. Figure about 275G for a well optioned Huracan, many used on market now, in the end it is about color and interior. My 2 cents is stay away from carbon fiber and the racing seats, nothing like Italian leather smell for years. If you buy one, immediately have the entire front clear bra and add lojack, etc. Not that it matters but both et as much as 21 MPG on the road, fuel tank is about 22-24 gallons.

The Huracan is the next generation beyond the Gallardo, which is one very reliable well handling car. Keep in mind as nice as the Huracan is, it will cost about 100G more than a 2013-2014 very low mileage Gallardo.

For those eyeing the Aventador, figure $475-$530 for a new 2015 depending on options. A paint option can be 19G on an Aventador.
BPI

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
PM sent, but for all here are some details.
Huracan as about the sane yearly maintance as Gallardo LP's.

Yearly complete service, about $900-$1,100. That is it! No belts for cams, tires will last 7-11K miles, with normal use few Gallardo Lp's have ever had a clutch change, some with 50K miles. These are very reliable exotic cars as so much R and D was done by Audi. the transmission is improved in the Huracan over the G, in the real world it means faster shifts, one more gear (7), and improved shifting into gear at low speeds (dual clutch).

All are E gear, so Sport mode is in use about 90% of the time. You shift up in each gear, it will actually downshift is RPM lowers, like G. Figure about 275G for a well optioned Huracan, many used on market now, in the end it is about color and interior. My 2 cents is stay away from carbon fiber and the racing seats, nothing like Italian leather smell for years. If you buy one, immediately have the entire front clear bra and add lojack, etc. Not that it matters but both et as much as 21 MPG on the road, fuel tank is about 22-24 gallons.

The Huracan is the next generation beyond the Gallardo, which is one very reliable well handling car. Keep in mind as nice as the Huracan is, it will cost about 100G more than a 2013-2014 very low mileage Gallardo.

For those eyeing the Aventador, figure $475-$530 for a new 2015 depending on options. A paint option can be 19G on an Aventador.
BPI

That's cheap compared to buying a second hand Aventador in Australia, l have seen a few recently in local car mags going for between 800 to 900K. These were for 2012 to 2014 models right hand drive.:yikes

God Dam, things are cheap as chips in the US.:thumbup:

boatpi

Reaction score
Here you go: [video=youtube;vsGYhOso720]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsGYhOso720[/video]

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
I'm the wrong guy to ask. The best I can offer you is how to replace a fan belt on a 1973 Ford Pinto. :D hope you find what your looking for. Beautiful peice of machinery BTW

Hammer

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424733929.162097.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424733942.440477.jpg

Fun car to drive. :thumbup:

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score

I have driven 2, one was a Diablo and that was a real dog, noisy, hot, very poor visibility from all sides and hard riding.:thumbsdown

The other was a Murcielago LP670, now that was a car. It was fast, good ergonomics, and that V12 engine is the ducks guts for sure. You can really see the start of the Audi influence with this model.:thumbup:

boatpi

Reaction score
To give you an idea on how stable these cars are, at 135 MPH it is two fingers on the steering wheel, above 150, two hands. No drifting, AC on, AC-DC on the Siris radio, eyes forward. They do not come into their own until above 85 MPH.

Around town is ok, but on the open road, in back country twisting roads is where you enjoy to pleasure on these exotic cars.

In the Aventador you can buy straight pipe exhaust that throws 2' flames, not so in the G LP models as the cats are in the exhaust manifolds.

One of more nortorious exotic runs;http://www.goldrushrally.com/
[video=youtube;nqB0r_1DPGg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqB0r_1DPGg[/video]
[video=youtube;_4XR53yuqZk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4XR53yuqZk[/video]

newlamboowner2015

Reaction score

Bump, the link no longer works. Do you have another link? Thanks!

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Ross, Text me and I’ll put you touch with Dave, the service manager at Lamborghini North LA. 818-974-4555

He will give you the for sure info, no guessing.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Not Eric. Both of my brother in laws work in service. One mechanic and one is the service manager.

Eric left, he’s at McKenna Porsche. Nicks at Ogara Westlake with Randy as a tech. Auto Gallery only has one location left in Van Nuys, Maserati, Fiat and Alfa. And I hear that location is for sale.

bluebleeder

Reaction score
Yep. It's actually pretty sad watching the demise of Auto Gallery.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bluebleeder

Reaction score
Nick is still giving you work for Ogara, right?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Eric left, he’s at McKenna Porsche. Nicks at Ogara Westlake with Randy as a tech. Auto Gallery only has one location left in Van Nuys, Maserati, Fiat and Alfa. And I hear that location is for sale.

That post was from 2015 as is the rest of the thread. :D

boatpi

Reaction score
I think lambo north LA is owned by the group that has Lambo Houston?

Newport was sold last year too. Same crew onboard.

FOUNTAIN333

Reaction score
if someone ends up buying one... even if it is an R8 or the older gallardo.... and they are ready to really experience a a super car... let me know...

heffnerperformance.com

We turn them into totally different cars...

530RL

Reaction score
Bump, the link no longer works. Do you have another link? Thanks!

Here is one from a dealer in Texas which describes what they do.

https://www.lamborghinidallas.com/service-huracan.htm

When purchasing new, some people purchased an all inclusive maintenance package from Audi (excludes normal wear and tear like tires and brakes) so some used ones have that.

Starting in 2012, new Ferrari's come with 7 years unlimited miles free maintenance (excludes normal wear and tear items) so given 488's are pretty soft used it is worth taking a look at.

nameisbond

Reaction score
A friend and my corporate lawyer has a Huracan. He's owned many Ferrari's over the years. He says the Huracan is like servicing his seven series BMW, its the least expensive exotic he's owned.