VA E450 6

Minnie Winnie 6

E450 NV Jayco

IMG_7562
A 4x4 "MINNIE WINNIE" on a 550 chassis with a diesel and you have a winner

v6toy4x

Reaction score
View attachment 1049243

Hands down the most seemless install of camper to utility bed I have seen, well done, and I have been messing with slide ins since our first lance in 1985
Did you build the bed sides to the camper?
How about some pics of what is inside your utility bed compartments, batteries, LP, camp gear, stove-bbq, leveling blocks, generator?

I assume that is a 60" CA chassis? I h ave long thought they need another CA choice between 60&84

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
…I have had a couple Lance 900’s…11 foot three fully self-contained…Still have one of them… The other one melted into the ground after the big fire burned me out at Lake Oroville…They were both pretty well-built but the one didn’t stand up very well to forest fires???..,
… got some real strange looks long time ago passing through the great divide in Colorado…
150B910C-8D75-4E11-B506-ED6498BC225A.jpeg

834A713E-54F3-4839-8233-A9C23702658A.jpeg

Last edited:

v6toy4x

Reaction score
A little bit of that colorado snow would have went a long way in Oroville, Sorry to see you got burned, california is in for a long haul with fire seasons now and yet to come

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Friends have a Desert Fox, pretty cool, side and rear slide. Deceiving how much room they have inside. He tows a 24 foot enclosed with two harleys and his side by side in it. My only thing was taking a shit and then standing up and taking a shower in the same room. He and his wife use it, after 3-4 days they end up taking a break and getting a hotel because it gets a bit small. I think it would be the perfect set up for father son trips, no boundaries, camp anywhere, etc.

USMC2010

Reaction score
I was looking into a Wolf Creek 850 as well, but I just wasn’t into that fold down bunk, I really wish they just offered some cabinets up there instead.
It is the same as the Lance I had, you can fold it down for a bunk or use it as a cabinet...unless you are looking at different option than I am.

HotRod82

Reaction score
View attachment 1049243

Hands down the most seemless install of camper to utility bed I have seen, well done, and I have been messing with slide ins since our first lance in 1985
Did you build the bed sides to the camper?
How about some pics of what is inside your utility bed compartments, batteries, LP, camp gear, stove-bbq, leveling blocks, generator?

Thanks for the compliments, I built a custom flatbed then framed in the sides with 1x1 and 2x1 square tubing. The bins themselves are made from aluminum sheeting fastened to the tubing, then I sheeted the exterior with sealed plywood topped off with Filion fiberglass skin bonded to the plywood. The doors you see are from an online RV door maker, they will build any size you want. I used powder coated 1/2 x 1/2 aluminum angle to finish off all the corners. The molding is standard RV moulding available online. The camper itself has a ton of storage in the rear, enough for a full size folding table and chairs. I left the 7 gallon LP tanks in the standard location which is a PITA, too high off the ground but not worth moving. I'd love to have NRC or Renegade build me a custom rig about this size but with a few tweaks, if you started from scratch you could make better use of the space without the constraints of being a slide in camper. The rig is 26' bumper to bumper. Overall though, I'm really happy with it.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments, I built a custom flatbed then framed in the sides with 1x1 and 2x1 square tubing. The bins themselves are made from aluminum sheeting fastened to the tubing, then I sheeted the exterior with sealed plywood topped off with Filion fiberglass skin bonded to the plywood. The doors you see are from an online RV door maker, they will build any size you want. I used powder coated 1/2 x 1/2 aluminum angle to finish off all the corners. The molding is standard RV moulding available online. The camper itself has a ton of storage in the rear, enough for a full size folding table and chairs. I left the 7 gallon LP tanks in the standard location which is a PITA, too high off the ground but not worth moving. I'd love to have NRC or Renegade build me a custom rig about this size but with a few tweaks, if you started from scratch you could make better use of the space without the constraints of being a slide in camper. The rig is 26' bumper to bumper. Overall though, I'm really happy with it.

I can appreciate the amount of work that was needed to pull that off!

riverroyal

Reaction score
I thought this was a thread about a gay guy that likes the outdoors, named lance

flat540

Reaction score
Got any construction photos? I'VE got the same camper and Truck and have been looking to Do the same thing due to lack OF extra storage. BUT I love My 1172....

Attachments

• 20200814_184456.jpg
    20200814_184456.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 46

HotRod82

Reaction score
Got any construction photos? I'VE got the same camper and Truck and have been looking to Do the same thing due to lack OF extra storage. BUT I love My 1172....

Unfortunately didn’t take many construction photos, but here’s a couple. Pretty easy project but a lot of work. The extra space is nice for sure. I used all Torklift tie downs and super hitch assembly so I know it’s tied down properly. I wanted to make it look like a small custom moho, I think it came out pretty good.
8E05A151-66DF-406F-ADAA-30D093CAAF5C.jpeg
4FA6563E-B04C-40CD-96BB-B447F2BE52C6.jpeg
61FE4B9A-9C10-44B7-B075-B2992AF2E610.jpeg
FE8AD41A-3E16-4DB2-88B6-EB096912CF35.jpeg

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score