WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LAPD Cuts (You still living in Los Angeles?)

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Take good care over there in the City of Angels. Sad too see this happening. Glad I had Family in Texas. West Texas cotton country suits me fine. No humidity. Very similar to High Desert Climate. With lots of red dirt! Who needs lakes and rivers and green forest. Lol. We do have wind and dust, and lots of it. Lubbock being the 9th Windiest city in America. Great medical here.. Tecas Tech! New homes at a hundie a sq ft. No state income tax. Existing homes way under that.
It's like stepping back in time to the '80s. Any questions, HMU, Glad to help in any way I can.

Texas is great place for lateral (most areas)

I have too much time and share kids with my ex so not leaving yet.
I’ll leave the state at retirement so whatever works for me is where I’ll land.

It would have to get to point for me to not have necessary equipment for me to do EOD work for me to retire early.
My exit plan if I need to leave early lies in the EOD sales field and corporate/Shipping security.
The job openings are very enticing for my field.

Dbroncos

Reaction score
I spent the first 17 years of my career in an LA County agency. I recently lateraled to another counties District Attorneys Investigative Unit and it was the best decision i have ever made. LA County is going down hill at a rapid pace.

Wedgy

Reaction score
Excellent plan, LR2. We have a saying in Tile, " I'd rather be lucky, than good."

When the recession hit I'd already transitioned out of Setting Tile and continuing 9 years of Teaching the SD Tile apprenticeship, into an additional full time teaching job as a Tile Instructor at San Diego Job Corps. Rode that Pony until 2010.

Here in Levelland, South Plains College has a LE training program that I would assume feeds into Lubbock PD the most, as they are always hiring. My next door neighbor is a Hockley County Sheriff. Good man and highly regarded in town by Levelland PD, who enjoy a good joke at his expense at times. It's a big enough small town here, but I'm sure you can relate.
Much Respect for a man that wears a vest to work.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
75A81005-E2EC-4C8C-A829-6D6A62DF4F67.jpeg

From last night:
Random senseless violence is back: 1990’s all over again

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Strong talk from my LAPD friends they are going to skip DROP and bail out at first chance in this current atmosphere.

Turd Garcetti is trying hard for a post in DC and leave this mess behind.
I can't remember LA ever having an unpopular Mayor like this clown.
He takes the prize.

That dude is gonna bail for a janitorial post in DC if it is offered to him.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
And Mayor Yoga Pants is in the running to be Secretary of Transportation with the Dementia Joe regime. What could be better than that?

rrrr

Reaction score

There were seven homicides in Dallas over the weekend. The Chief of Police was hired three years ago by the city manager. The Chief, Renee Hall, is female and black. She was a deputy supervisor at a Detroit subdivision before being hired. Guess which of those reasons were why she was hired.

She has resigned effective 12/31/20, because of the heat she is taking. Murders are going at a record rate in Dallas. Hall doesn't have a fucking clue about running a police department.

The city manager doesn't have to answer for his hiring decisions. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
I’m glad I live too far away for anyone from California moving out - but really, how can you leave that weather?