WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LAPD defunding

ghansen

Reaction score
NOTHING right now is based on stats or fact, it’s about feelings and understanding. Fuck Mayor Yoga Pants and he’s not even my Mayor.
Garcetti is a complete loser. Thinks he is next in line for governor or VP.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
My Union’s response: I concur :

Los Angeles Council President Nury Martinez has failed the true test of leadership; the ability to bring Angelenos together to problem solve and heal after the tragic killing of George Floyd. Rather than creating a space to come together and have the necessary and difficult dialogue on how best to move our city and nation forward, all we got was a Tweet aimed at creating a deeper division between our police officers and the community we serve. A true leader unites, not divides. A leader talks, not Tweets.
To declare that the work police officers perform, that we've been directed to do, is designed to harm people of color while Ms. Martinez repeatedly sends us into harm's way is divisive, disrespectful, and certainly is no profile in courage. If Ms. Martinez truly believes that the police department is the cause of our city's pain, then why did she run for re-election on a platform of expanding public safety? Ms. Martinez and her colleagues that signed this motion are spewing words that only work to marginalize and dehumanize the police officers who serve our community. It is not productive, and it's offensive.
We expressed our genuine disgust and outrage at the murder of George Floyd. We've advocated for the overhaul of use of force training and policies across the state. We have been a willing partner each and every time a city leader has asked us to come to the table and provide solutions. We have proven that we can step up and tackle the challenges this city faces collaboratively. We deserved to be treated better than political cover for a politician looking to blame instead of working together.
Over the last week, Los Angeles police officers have stood on the front lines being deliberately assaulted and attacked with frozen water bottles, cinder blocks, rocks, and urine-filled bottles to help prevent our city from literally burning to the ground. We have been asked to do the nearly impossible to protect the first amendment rights of the public so that their legitimate grievances could be aired to literally the entire world. Our officers have done so professionally and with great restraint.
From homeless outreach to crisis intervention to battling human trafficking to protecting people and property through our last several wildfire seasons, this Council has asked more of our officers, and they have always delivered. We have one of the most, if not the most, professional police departments in the country, and our officers are held to the highest standards. We know how to solve problems.
We have the same phone number that Ms. Martinez has called in the past when she has had a law enforcement question or concern, yet she chose to tweet instead of dial. If she calls now, we may be a little late to answer because we are working hard to support the men and women who have been trying to keep the peace in Los Angeles
Great response

River Runnin

Reaction score
Nothing new here! These fuckers have been running the same shit since the 60's!

What We Want Now!

1. We want freedom. We want power to determine the destiny of our Black Community.
  2. We want full employment for our people.
  3. We want an end to the robbery by the capitalists of our black and oppressed communities.
  4. We want decent housing, fit for shelter of human beings.
  5. We want education for our people that exposes the true nature of this decadent American society. We want education that teaches us our true history and our role in the present day society.
  6. We want all Black men to be exempt from military service.
  7. We want an immediate end to POLICE BRUTALITY and MURDER of Black people.
  8. We want freedom for all Black men held in federal, state, county and city prisons and jails.
  9. We want all Black people when brought to trial to be tried in court by a jury of their peer group or people from their Black Communities, as defined by the Constitution of the United States.
  10. We want land, bread, housing, education, clothing, justice and peace.
What We Believe:

1. We believe that Black People will not be free until we are able to determine our own destiny.
  2. We believe that the federal government is responsible and obligated to give every man employment or a guaranteed income. We believe that if the White American business men will not give full employment, the means of production should be taken from the businessmen and placed in the community so that the people of the community can organize and employ all of its people and give a high standard of living.
  3. We believe that this racist government has robbed us and now we are demanding the overdue debt of forty acres and two mules. Forty acres and two mules was promised 100 years ago as redistribution for slave labor and mass murder of Black people. We will accept the payment in currency which will be distributed to our many communities: the Germans are now aiding the Jews in Israel for genocide of the Jewish people. The Germans murdered 6,000,000 Jews. The American racist has taken part in the slaughter of over 50,000,000 Black people; therefore, we feel that this is a modest demand that we make.
  4. We believe that if the White landlords will not give decent housing to our Black community, then the housing and the land should be made into cooperatives so that our community, with government aid, can build and make a decent housing for its people.
  5. We believe in an educational system that will give our people a knowledge of self. If a man does not have knowledge of himself and his position in society and the world, then he has little chance to relate to anything else.
  6. We believe that Black people should not be forced to fight in the military service to defend a racist government that does not protect us. We will not fight and kill other people of color in the world who, like Black people, are being victimized by the White racist government of America. We will protect ourselves from the force and violence of the racist police and the racist military, by whatever means necessary.
  7. We believe we can end police brutality in our Black community by organizing Black self-defense groups that are dedicated to defending our Black community from racist police oppression and brutality. The second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States gives us the right to bear arms. We therefore believe that all Black people should arm themselves for self-defense.
  8. We believe that all Black people should be released from the many jails and prisons because they have not received a fair and impartial trial.
  9. We believe that the courts should follow the United States Constitution so that Black people will receive fair trials. The 14th Amendment of the U.S Constitution gives a man a right to be tried by his peers. A peer is a persons from a similar economic, social, religious, geographical, environmental, historical, and racial background. To do this the court will be forced to select a jury from the Black community from which the Black defendant came. We have been, and are being tried by all-white juries that have no understanding of "the average reasoning man" of the Black community.
  10. When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bonds which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and nature's god entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to separation. We hold these truths to be self-evident, and that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its power in such a form as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accused. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, and their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards of their future security.[2]
The Black Panther Party came to prominence during the Vietnam War, so the "What We Believe" section also included a demand that Blacks be exempt from military service to a "racist government that does not protect us...WE will not fight and kill other people of color in the world who, like black people, are being victimized by the white racist government of America."[4]

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
This was a backdoor deal between community leaders and Garcetti
The curfew stops today
So $250 million was the price tag to stop riots
At least we know the Mayor’s price
So, curfew is over, and LA is all good? I wonder if every thug will get the memo...

Good luck, stay safe....fuck your mayor.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
From Retired Swat officer Steve Gordon:

Dear Los Angeles Community Members:

I’m sorry for the actions of our City Council and Mayor in defunding the police budget by $150 million. Should be interesting where these stats are for 2020 and 2021.

Los Angeles City Crime Stats for 2019:

258 Homicides
945 Victims Shot in addition to the 258 Homicides
7000 Firearms Booked
980K calls for service
122k Part 1 Crimes
28k Violent Crimes
94k Property Crimes

It's unfortunate the police will no longer be able to provide you with the level of service you would expect in the next few years.

Good luck

Good luck.

AEA

Reaction score

I’m sorry for the actions of our City Council and Mayor in defunding the police budget by $150 million. Should be interesting where these stats are for 2020 and 2021.

258 Homicides
7000 Firearms Booked
980K calls for service
122k Part 1 Crimes
28k Violent Crimes
94k Property Crimes

It's unfortunate the police will no longer be able to provide you with the level of service you would expect in the next few years.

Good luck

Good luck.

Are you going to be able to last the eight or nine more years you had planned to retirement?

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Are you going to be able to last the eight or nine more years you had planned to retirement?

Good question
Might be looking into EOD consulting work sooner than expected.....

EmpirE231

Reaction score
His announcement yesterday was just a spin on data to appease the BLM movement

cuts were coming regardless of protests / looting / riots. They were coming due to the shutdown (actually since before the shutdown, but the shutdown forced their hand sooner)

The funny part here, is he committed 100's of millions to the "people of color" organizations.... so in essence, the city budget really has not been cut lol

cxr

Reaction score
LAPD Metro officers Assigned to the mayor detail should rat on the mayor where they drive Garcetti to all his boyfriends houses to get his pee pee sucked .

WHAAAAAT...… your not worried you house will get raided :)

seriously i didn't know this

cxr

Reaction score

258 Homicides
7000 Firearms Booked
980K calls for service
122k Part 1 Crimes
28k Violent Crimes
94k Property Crimes

Good luck

Good luck.

don't forget they just emptied the jails and prisons and put a bunch of criminals back on the street.

crime is going to be rampant this summer

boatpi

Reaction score
We have the answer, just what this black chick said on TV last night, "Take that money and redistribute it to Black people"!! Indeed.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Yep! Take a week off boys! -- Sick leave! ...... Cuz you be SICK & Tired of this BullShit!

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Since cops keep killing black people... why dont they ust stop patrolling black neighborhoods?

Should save the 100-150 million!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
With all this shit going on, probably one of the best things that ever happened to me was NOT getting into a department back in 2009.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

River Runnin

Reaction score
With all this shit going on, probably one of the best things that ever happened to me was NOT getting into a department back in 2009.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
I was thinking the very same thing! ... But in 1979!

boatpi

Reaction score
Well the mayor pulled Metro out last year, they were arresting too many folks with guns, then shootings skyrocketed. Oh well.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Am I hearing this correctly? The city of LA and the police commission and the mayor are going to defund the LAPD by 100 -150 million? This is fucking disgusting. What a bunch of loser liberal shit bags. If I were LEO I would call in sick for the rest of the week. See what happens. I'm without words right now.
Yep. Garrcetti wants to funnel the money to the black community, instead.

Odd, did not know that was remotely legal.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I remember a few years back we had a day without illegals, maybe we should try a week without law-enforcement and just see how it works out. 🤔

that was sarcasm for any of you snowflakes that didn’t quite grasp it.;)

LowRiver2

Reaction score
DE1E22AA-2DE2-4754-AE57-86E5C0E692BF.jpeg

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Pretty much where I stand : DONE

In the last 96 hours:
-A Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Officer was shot in the back of the head while struggling with a rioter
-An active shooter opened fire on law enforcement at a Las Vegas courthouse
-4 St. Louis Police Officers were shot by an active shooter
-A New York Police Officer was struck by a vehicle
-3 Buffalo law enforcement officers were struck by a vehicle in front of the police station
-3 Davenport law enforcement officers were ambushed and 1 was shot
-132 officers were injured in Chicago during a riot
-9 Pittsburg officers were injured by objects during a riot
-Several officers in Rhode Island were injured during riots
-An active shooter opened fire at the Oakland Police Department
-2 officers were struck in the head with projectiles in Santa Ana
-2 Richland officers were shot in Virginia
-1 officer was struck in the head by a brick in Albany
-4 Prince William County Police Officers sustained head injuries from projectiles
-7 officers were injured in Sacramento
-Several officers were shot at and injured in Lynchburg
-Several Champaign Police Officers were injured
-3 Oak Law Police Officers were injured
-21 officers were injured in Salt Lake City
-At least 50 Secret Service Agents were injured by Molotov cocktails in Washington
-3 Denver Police Officers were ran over by a vehicle
-33 New York Police Officers were injured during riots
-6 Athens Police Officers injured during a protest
-2 Capitol Police Officers were injured during a riot in Harrisburg
-12 Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Officers were injured during riots
-21 Minneapolis law enforcement officers injured in riots
-1 Federal Protective Services Officer was shot and killed.
-1 Columbus, Ohio Police Officer was shot

I have personally visited two of mine in the hospital. Political reaction? Social media reaction? F*** the police and a hundred million dollar pay cut to the LAPD. I am completely done.

MCnParker

Reaction score
Serious question, as I have no one in my family that is in Law enforcement. How does ones patrol area get determined? In my mind if I was a cop and this cut was not already coming and it effected my safety on the street, meaning less back up, less equipment, etc etc. Could you in theory select not to patrol the areas that seem to be the root of most the issues we are seeing? We know that the vast majority of the looting etc is not be carried out buy locals of the community. The police department has the data for the arrests they have done, and know where they people are coming from, presuming they are from an area that is covered by the department, could they just visit less often? Let them fend for themselves and truly feel the pain they say they feel today? I have seen way to many of these folks on tv that speak with little to no actual experience with what they are protesting against, just want to be part of something in my opinion.

I had a boss that always asked the same question when we made a business decision. "Have you thought about the unintended consequences of your decision or actions?" To this day I have this thought in everything that I do, and if you were to ask anyone one of these clowns making these types of decisions that same thing, what would the response be?

River Runnin

Reaction score
This is exactly what the radical Black & Left have been working on for the past 60 years! :mad: It would take divine intervention to stop the shit show thats coming!! jmho😐

rrrr

Reaction score
His announcement yesterday was just a spin on data to appease the BLM movement

cuts were coming regardless of protests / looting / riots. They were coming due to the shutdown (actually since before the shutdown, but the shutdown forced their hand sooner)

The funny part here, is he committed 100's of millions to the "people of color" organizations.... so in essence, the city budget really has not been cut lol

I don't think it's spin at all. They're taking money from public safety and spending it on nebulous "community" programs that won't do anthing to slow down the self destructive criminal element's danger to the city.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
I don't think it's spin at all. They're taking money from public safety and spending it on nebulous "community" programs that won't do anthing to slow down the self destructive criminal element's danger to the city.

by "spin" I meant, he is making it look like the LAPD budget cut is in response to the protests..

retaocleg

Reaction score
I expect nothing less...…..I just worry about all the idiots this will drive our way to get out of the shitstorm they are creating...…..and in turn voting for the same assinine policies going forward, creating the same dystopia here

rrrr

Reaction score
by "spin" I meant, he is making it look like the LAPD budget cut is in response to the protests..

Right. But that's what is happening. The $150M isn't going away, they're going to waste, errr, invest it in some sort of bullshit that won't accomplish a thing, while the reduced police funding will hurt the very people they claim to be helping.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Oh and here is the city council member that started this defund push. Maybe she should defund herself first:
3FD54321-25B9-4252-916C-DFE043E032FA.jpeg

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
It will be easy to save that money from LAPD budget. There's a whole lot of neighborhoods that will be under served. Areas where they don't want cops there. So be it. Police yourselves in your urban utopias.

Then in a year they'll complain there's not enough cops and response times are too long.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
911..... Hello you have reached the LAPD emergency response line. All of our dispatchers are currently engaged. Your call is important to us and will be answered in the order in which it has been received.............. You are currently caller # 932.

2Driver

Reaction score
Relax folks

The so called defunding equals a 10% cut in spending. LOL government needs at least a 20% haircut so this wont change a thing, its all Dem showmanship .

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
They had already planed to increase the budget substantially this year , the amount promised to “defund” is pennies

wallnutz

Reaction score
So if you choose to defund the police, do you fill out a questioner so they know what to do when you call for help? Maybe 911 can just block your #.
Now personally I want to fund the police, so maybe I can get preferred service.

Backlash

Reaction score
"Thank you for calling the LAPD. We are sorry that we are unable to answer your call. If you live south of I-10 and west of I-710, please hang up and call the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department. We no longer service that area." 😂

Can you imagine if something like that happened?!?

LowRiver2

Reaction score
So councilwoman Martinez showed up to roll call at Mission Division last night
Trying to kiss ass for her actions. She was rightfully put in check by many Officers and had her ideas squashed (in a polite way). I have the video but it’s 24 minutes. Very compelling and makes me proud how many Officers let her know the ramifications of her actions.

Performance Grips

Reaction score
So councilwoman Martinez showed up to roll call at Mission Division last night
Trying to kiss ass for her actions. She was rightfully put in check by many Officers and had her ideas squashed (in a polite way). I have the video but it’s 24 minutes. Very compelling and makes me proud how many Officers let her know the ramifications of her actions.
She had some balls to show up. I'll give her that. I think it's become a sickness to these people and now these liberal politicians minds that they really think they are right in they're actions. And that other people will agree and just fall in line. I'm really hopefully this is a ploy to get the protesters to think they have won and they wont go through with it but its already not enough and they are asking for more.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
And then there’s this:

Head on a Swivel now more than ever
Absolutely disgusting. I will continue to fly my TBL flag in support of my buddies. I doubt there will be much recourse in my neighborhood, but who knows these days.