WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LAPD defunding

Performance Grips

Reaction score
Am I hearing this correctly? The city of LA and the police commission and the mayor are going to defund the LAPD by 100 -150 million? This is fucking disgusting. What a bunch of loser liberal shit bags. If I were LEO I would call in sick for the rest of the week. See what happens. I'm without words right now.

DWC

Reaction score
Didn’t hear it but that’s absolutely shocking.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Am I hearing this correctly? The city of LA and the police commission and the mayor are going to defund the LAPD by 100 -150 million? This is fucking disgusting. What a bunch of loser liberal shit bags. If I were LEO I would call in sick for the rest of the week. See what happens. I'm without words right now.

Tank

Reaction score
Don’t believe everything you hear or read especially if it’s coming from that fuck tard garsetti.

Early 2020 budgets across ca were already showing a slow down in tax revenue. Then covid 19 hit and destroyed all cities budgets. They (LA and most every city) are scrambling to cut funding across the board. ALL Ca state employees are taking a 10% paycut. They are cutting school funding, the City I work for is doing a 40 hour ferlough. Budgets are being slashed across the board.

I found it interesting that when garsetti is bragging how he won’t raise the budget of LAPD and sneaking in saying they’re slashing their budget by 150 million he never mentions it was already in the works and most of it is caused by HIM locking the city down. Fuckin politicians! He found the PERFECT scenario to blame the budget issues on.

Also note on the next breath they talk about increasing training and oversite and internal investigations etc. how the fuck you gonna raise anything when you’re cutting a budget?!

Sheeple fall for it hook line and sinker. But don’t be fooled. Budget cut has jack shit to do with protests or calls from the public (very few radicals) to defund police. It was already in the works.

Last edited:

Spectra18

Reaction score
How is it beer drinking, hellraising, go fast boating , tittie loving, and ass slapping guys in this forum have more common sense then college aged bitches. Who the fuck is suppose to take care of you when you ain’t got no police.

rrrr

Reaction score
This idiot thinks spending money on "social programs" instead of the police will bring prosperity and sunshine to the black community. Instead it would unleash the criminals and drug dealers into those neighborhoods, and overwhelm the lives of those that need the protection of the police whether they know it or not.

On Wednesday, Council President Nury Martinez and three of her colleagues introduced a plan to ask city staffers to find $100 million to $150 million in cuts at the LAPD, reinvesting those savings in disadvantaged communities and communities of color. Such a move could reduce the size of the LAPD budget by up to 8%, potentially reversing the increase planned by Garcetti for the coming budget year.

"If we are going to finally end the sin of racism and all of its illogical, dehumanizing and sometimes deadly consequences, including in our police department, then we have to provide real solutions for real people who need our assistance," Martinez said in a statement.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
How will they fear monger public safety for their tax grabs?

🤔

Reactions: DWC

Tank

Reaction score
...I am 74 years old do you know how many times I’ve heard we’re going to reform the LAPD ...let me just say it’s more than once by quite a bit😱🔍

Yeah but if you look at the statistics (actually across the country) over the past 20 plus years lapd and LE in general has had MAJOR reform. Use of force down. Unjustified use of force down. Officer involved shooting down. Shootings involving African Americans down. The list just keeps on going.

The narrative that’s being spewed is wrong. Statistics and facts show it.

oldschool

Reaction score
Yeah but if you look at the statistics (actually across the country) over the past 20 plus years lapd and LE in general has had MAJOR reform. Use of force down. Unjustified use of force down. Officer involved shooting down. Shootings involving African Americans down. The list just keeps on going.

NOTHING right now is based on stats or fact, it’s about feelings and understanding. Fuck Mayor Yoga Pants and he’s not even my Mayor.

rrrr

Reaction score

See my thread about the myth of systemic police racism.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Chicago 2.0

Civillians took a 10% pay cut already
$100 million will cost lives in victims.

We will be losing 3500+ Cops over the next four years to retirement and can’t even hire 250
A year now.

I’ll be in my Bomb Truck for nine more years and will take it to 250k miles lol.

Is what it is. We can just take reports over the phone the next ten years and let Nick Cannon being in his own police force like he is proposing for the blacks.
Sounds legit

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
If things get truly tight, I won't donate cash...but I'm sure some ammo cans with .40 and 5.56 could be sent.
Like the offering plate at church, I'm sure some here would do the same.

RodnJen

Reaction score

not likely. Do you have a link?

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Its time to shitcan the whole LA city council, mayor and his whole staff, and bring in new blood. All the payoffs and bribing will end right there, at least for a short while until the new council becomes corrupt again. But then again, now is the time to enact term limits and end all this corruption.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
They’ll say they’re going to do it to appease the buffoons and then back out when the time comes. It’s the oldest play in the political playing book.
In this case, it's a different bait and switch. The budgets were already cut for the coming fiscal year. Then, Mayor Loudmouth kneecapped the city with shutdowns....and they had to cut more. Now, he comes out and says to the hooded fucktards...."look, I'm with you. I cut the cops' budget".
Makes him look good to dumbasses threatening him...majority of which don't know the concepts of fiscal years or budgets. He already looks like a fool to LE...I assume, I don't want to put words in their mouths, but pretty sure. So, no love lost there.

4Waters

Reaction score
Don’t believe everything you hear or read especially if it’s coming from that fuck tard garsetti.

Early 2020 budgets across ca were already showing a slow down in tax revenue. Then covid 19 hit and destroyed all cities budgets. They (LA and most every city) are scrambling to cut funding across the board. ALL Ca state employees are taking a 10% paycut. They are cutting school funding, the City I work for is doing a 40 hour ferlough. Budgets are being slashed across the board.

I found it interesting that when garsetti is bragging how he won’t raise the budget of LAPD and sneaking in saying they’re slashing their budget by 150 million he never mentions it was already in the works and most of it is caused by HIM locking the city down. Fuckin politicians! He found the PERFECT scenario to blame the budget issues on.

Also note on the next breath they talk about increasing training and oversite and internal investigations etc. how the fuck you gonna raise anything when you’re cutting a budget?!

Sheeple fall for it hook line and sinker. But don’t be fooled. Budget cut has jack shit to do with protests or calls from the public (very few radicals) to defund police. It was already in the works.
So basically he looks like a hero to the morons even though he was already going to cut it anyways, and they are to stupid to see it.

Dalton

Reaction score
im trying to think of a issue where defunding solved the problem

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
So basically he looks like a hero to the morons even though he was already going to cut it anyways, and they are to stupid to see it.

Well, everything is getting a cut because they let a bunch of assholes burn and destroy the city for several days. That money has got to come from somewhere.

So protesters want to defund the only people that are capable of defending the city from the rioting and looting that they claim to denounce.

Solid plan.

Done-it-again

Reaction score

that f’tard shut down the whole state, but kept all city payed employees working collect full pay. What did you think, that 16mil surplus will last for ever. While business‘s struggled city workers felt no pain. 10% ain’t shit.
Hope CA files BK.

Performance Grips

Reaction score

I agree on fucktard Garcetti. He's an turd burgler. But the very thought of him telling these people that he is giving them what they want is unimaginable. Now every time a snowflake gets a parking ticket we will have a protest because they think it actually works.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Where are they going to point the finger when crime rates and murders skyrocket? Why can’t people have personal accountability? If there was no crime you wouldn’t need massive budgets for police. Fix the actual problem don’t complain about the result.

YumaRivernaut

How Far Off Was I?
Reaction score
Looks to me like Garshitty and the city council cucks are owned by the satanic pedosexuals in hollyweird that are pushing this.
How special.

Last edited:

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Great idea. Underfund an already lean Law Enforcement organization to the point that when you call 911 you may or may not get help in an emergency. SMH. Good Luck getting anybody to join LAPD in the future. Who in the hell would want to work there now?

Time to Ammo Up! If it’s not obvious to anyone In LA yet, you are now solely responsible for your own safety!

jailbird141

Reaction score
If this happens, can you even imagine how out of control LA will be? Less cops, less patrols, longer response times, less investigators. The ripple effect will be staggering.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Great idea. Underfund an already lean Law Enforcement organization to the point that when you call 911 you may or may not get help in an emergency. SMH. Good Luck getting anybody to join LAPD in the future. Who in the hell would want to work there now?

Time to Ammo Up! If it’s not obvious to anyone In LA yet, you are now solely responsible for your own safety!
Every agency is hiring , and there are plenty of great ones in so cal to work for.
No way in hell I’d recommend my department now.
Younger folks are very few and far between to even think about this career
Rough seas ahead for society

LowRiver2

Reaction score
This was a backdoor deal between community leaders and Garcetti
The curfew stops today
So $250 million was the price tag to stop riots
At least we know the Mayor’s price

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
This was a backdoor deal between community leaders and Garcetti
The curfew stops today
So $250 million was the price tag to stop riots
At least we know the Mayor’s price

Garcetti is eager to drop his yoga pants at any opportunity.

He’s just going to play them like he does with everyone else.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
My Union’s response: I concur :

Los Angeles Council President Nury Martinez has failed the true test of leadership; the ability to bring Angelenos together to problem solve and heal after the tragic killing of George Floyd. Rather than creating a space to come together and have the necessary and difficult dialogue on how best to move our city and nation forward, all we got was a Tweet aimed at creating a deeper division between our police officers and the community we serve. A true leader unites, not divides. A leader talks, not Tweets.
To declare that the work police officers perform, that we've been directed to do, is designed to harm people of color while Ms. Martinez repeatedly sends us into harm's way is divisive, disrespectful, and certainly is no profile in courage. If Ms. Martinez truly believes that the police department is the cause of our city's pain, then why did she run for re-election on a platform of expanding public safety? Ms. Martinez and her colleagues that signed this motion are spewing words that only work to marginalize and dehumanize the police officers who serve our community. It is not productive, and it's offensive.
We expressed our genuine disgust and outrage at the murder of George Floyd. We've advocated for the overhaul of use of force training and policies across the state. We have been a willing partner each and every time a city leader has asked us to come to the table and provide solutions. We have proven that we can step up and tackle the challenges this city faces collaboratively. We deserved to be treated better than political cover for a politician looking to blame instead of working together.
Over the last week, Los Angeles police officers have stood on the front lines being deliberately assaulted and attacked with frozen water bottles, cinder blocks, rocks, and urine-filled bottles to help prevent our city from literally burning to the ground. We have been asked to do the nearly impossible to protect the first amendment rights of the public so that their legitimate grievances could be aired to literally the entire world. Our officers have done so professionally and with great restraint.
From homeless outreach to crisis intervention to battling human trafficking to protecting people and property through our last several wildfire seasons, this Council has asked more of our officers, and they have always delivered. We have one of the most, if not the most, professional police departments in the country, and our officers are held to the highest standards. We know how to solve problems.
We have the same phone number that Ms. Martinez has called in the past when she has had a law enforcement question or concern, yet she chose to tweet instead of dial. If she calls now, we may be a little late to answer because we are working hard to support the men and women who have been trying to keep the peace in Los Angeles