WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LAPD defunding

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
If PD’s are replaced by Sheriffs, then it may not be such a bad thing.

PD’s are beholden to politicians.
The Chief of Police is appointed.

The Sheriff is voted into office and is not beholden to city politicians, only the voting constituents.

As I understand it, local PD’s are relatively recent, like from around the 20’s and 30’s?

This is a simplistic POV, but I’m not against it based on what I currently know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
What would wake they asses up is if all the cops called in sick for a couple days .
It would all be different real fast .

LowRiver2

Reaction score
If PD’s are replaced by Sheriffs, then it may not be such a bad thing.

PD’s are beholden to politicians.
The Chief of Police is appointed.

The Sheriff is voted into office and is not beholden to city politicians, only the voting constituents.

As I understand it, local PD’s are relatively recent, like from around the 20’s and 30’s?

This is a simplistic POV, but I’m not against it based on what I currently know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Im not against it, but LAPD has been around since 1869:D

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Good question
Might be looking into EOD consulting work sooner than expected.....

Probably make up for lost retirement bennies pretty fast as a private sector contractor.
Im sure you know better than I do how much more your services would be appreciated by someone willing to pay for the expertise instead of making a scapegoat out of your profession.
I don’t know how you guys do it.

rrrr

Reaction score

The new Chicago police superintendent, David Brown, is the former and retired (at age 54) Dallas chief of police. Two years after his retirement, he's now been on the job eight months in Chicago.

Brown did a masterful job running the DPD. He had the officer's backs, and crime was pretty low for a big city. I wondered WTF he took the new gig.

As some of you know, there were almost fifty murders in Chicago during the last two weekends of May. Same old shit, right? It's a fucked up violent place.

So last week, the liberal black carpet muncher mayor, Lori Lightfoot, held a news conference about the murders. She threw Brown under the bus, and threatened his job. This, after Brown has been there for just eight months. I'd like to say I was surprised by what she said, but it's par for the course for Democrat politicians. It's never their fault.

Here's her latest anti-police pronouncements:

She's also criticizing white citizens for protecting their neighborhoods with baseball bats:

As an aside, after Chief Brown left the DPD, the city engaged in a long and expensive search for a new chief. They chose U. Renee Hall, the black female former chief of the Detroit Police Department.

She's a fucking disaster. For nine months she dressed in civvies because she hadn't taken the test for Texas peace officers. Soon after that, she disappeared for two months for some medical issue without even informing the mayor or the DPD rank and file.

Crime in Dallas has skyrocketed, with murders up almost 100% over the period when Chief Brown was in charge. She's been MIA during the last two weeks as rioting spread through parts of Dallas.

But hey, we have a black female chief of police. That's what matters.

jailbird141

Reaction score
Start by cutting Internal Affairs. That will save a lot of time. Followed by cutting Property Crimes Investigations. Limit activity to handling calls for service, no proactive work. A lot of money would be saved right there. Just sayin ......

DWC

Reaction score
Pretty much where I stand : DONE

In the last 96 hours:
-A Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Officer was shot in the back of the head while struggling with a rioter
-An active shooter opened fire on law enforcement at a Las Vegas courthouse
-4 St. Louis Police Officers were shot by an active shooter
-A New York Police Officer was struck by a vehicle
-3 Buffalo law enforcement officers were struck by a vehicle in front of the police station
-3 Davenport law enforcement officers were ambushed and 1 was shot
-132 officers were injured in Chicago during a riot
-9 Pittsburg officers were injured by objects during a riot
-Several officers in Rhode Island were injured during riots
-An active shooter opened fire at the Oakland Police Department
-2 officers were struck in the head with projectiles in Santa Ana
-2 Richland officers were shot in Virginia
-1 officer was struck in the head by a brick in Albany
-4 Prince William County Police Officers sustained head injuries from projectiles
-7 officers were injured in Sacramento
-Several officers were shot at and injured in Lynchburg
-Several Champaign Police Officers were injured
-3 Oak Law Police Officers were injured
-21 officers were injured in Salt Lake City
-At least 50 Secret Service Agents were injured by Molotov cocktails in Washington
-3 Denver Police Officers were ran over by a vehicle
-33 New York Police Officers were injured during riots
-6 Athens Police Officers injured during a protest
-2 Capitol Police Officers were injured during a riot in Harrisburg
-12 Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Officers were injured during riots
-21 Minneapolis law enforcement officers injured in riots
-1 Federal Protective Services Officer was shot and killed.
-1 Columbus, Ohio Police Officer was shot

I have personally visited two of mine in the hospital. Political reaction? Social media reaction? F*** the police and a hundred million dollar pay cut to the LAPD. I am completely done.
Hang in there. We need you guys out there. My neighbor/good friend works out of Compton. He’s having a brutal time. It was tough before. Can’t imagine how this ends or how you get through it.
PS. For a city that relies on tourism.. cutting police seems like a poor decision. Maybe that’s just me.

boatpi

Reaction score
The LAPPL Board of Directors will address Mayor Garcetti's remarks at a press conference today at noon. It will be available to watch via Facebook live and through local media outlets.​

BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Los Angeles Police Protective League​

mail

‌​

About the LAPPL Formed in 1923, the Los Angeles Police Protective League (LAPPL) represents the more than 9,900 dedicated and professional sworn members of the Los Angeles Police Department. The LAPPL serves to advance the interests of LAPD officers through legislative and legal advocacy, political action and education. The LAPPL can be found on the Web at www.LAPD.com

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
So councilwoman Martinez showed up to roll call at Mission Division last night
Trying to kiss ass for her actions. She was rightfully put in check by many Officers and had her ideas squashed (in a polite way). I have the video but it’s 24 minutes. Very compelling and makes me proud how many Officers let her know the ramifications of her actions.

Give em ALL hell Blue!! 👍

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Good for the LAPD and the Buffalo ERT. These decisions are insanely ironic. An event happens in Minneapolis, and instead of holding those officers and their superiors responsible, Garcetti and people around the country turn on their own LEOs that had nothing to do with the event. In fact, these are the officers keeping your city together. They are the ones giving up their weekends, time with their family and friends to get spit on, assaulted, and in some cases killed. You have thousands of people screaming at you, and any of them could have a gun in their waistband.

Are we also to hold all Black, Brown, White, Yellow people responsible for the acts of the looters we see on TV? Is every crime committed by a white person against a black person racist? Black against white?

What happened to critical thinking in this country?

4Waters

Reaction score
From Retired Swat officer Steve Gordon:

Dear Los Angeles Community Members:

I’m sorry for the actions of our City Council and Mayor in defunding the police budget by $150 million. Should be interesting where these stats are for 2020 and 2021.

Los Angeles City Crime Stats for 2019:

258 Homicides
945 Victims Shot in addition to the 258 Homicides
7000 Firearms Booked
980K calls for service
122k Part 1 Crimes
28k Violent Crimes
94k Property Crimes

It's unfortunate the police will no longer be able to provide you with the level of service you would expect in the next few years.

Good luck

Good luck.
258 homicides? How many of those were committed by police officers against a black person? How many of those where a black person killing another black person? How many of those was the suspect black?

I have a pretty good idea what the answers are, the problems are not blue.

Be safe out there and be the one/ones that go home each day.

Last edited:

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Man, I’m so glad I got out of that line of work when I did. Probably one of the best decisions I ever made.

My hat is off to those that still continue to do it. Under normal circumstances it’s a tough job that requires a lot of sacrifice. What’s going on lately makes it all the more tough.

I’m thinking it’s time for one day of the blue flu. Just one day is all it would take to make people realize how important the cops are. Ironically, they are the only thing keeping these dipshit protesters from receiving a complete and total beat down. We would find out very quickly who is prepared for a day entirely on their own and who is not.

rrrr

Reaction score

"Union officials also said they have no intention of reopening negotiations on their contract, which provides them with 4.8% in raises and nearly $41 million in education bonuses in the fiscal year that starts July 1."

Stand your ground, guys. I have no doubt the city will attempt to renege on the contract. Make it painful for the idiot elected officials when that happens.

rrrr

Reaction score
258 homicides? How many of those were committed by police officers against a black person? How many of those where a black person killing another black person? How many of those was the suspect black?

I have a pretty good idea what the answers are, the problems are not blue.

Be safe out there and be the one/ones that go home each day.

I think those statistics are incredible. The guys on the street deserve respect and gratitude for their hard work in making a huge city that safe.

You certainly have mine.

4Waters

Reaction score
I think those statistics are incredible. The guys on the street deserve respect and gratitude for their hard work in making a huge city that safe.

You certainly have mine.
They are incredible, they do a great job as do all agencies. This just sucks on all levels. These guys and gals work their asses off and this is the appreciation they get. SMH

boatpi

Reaction score
Back in the 1980's some divisions in South LA had almost 150 homicides a year, I think about 90% black on black. Now SLA is 60%+ Hispanic, yet whites are moving into Southwest LA near Culver City side.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Update:
The city council took away $150 million from LAPD, got us to agree to push out/delay our contract raises (4%combined ), for two years, and stopped paying us cash overtime since last July.

Now the feds are sending LA over $1 Billion dollars
Such BS yet no surprise :

Federal Funding Letter of Agreement
The City of Los Angeles is slated to receive approximately $1.35 billion in federal aid, with several caveats. As we advised you a few weeks ago, as part of the MOU extension, the League negotiated a letter of agreement with the City that contemplated the receipt of federal funds. It states:

During the term of this MOU, the parties shall meet and consult within a week of the release of the CAO’s financial status report regarding the City’s budget with the purpose of sharing information, and conferring regarding restoring the January 16, 2022, and/or June 19, 2022, deferred salary increases, identifying additional economic increases and/or increasing staffing. The first such meeting shall take place the last week of July 2021. However, if the City receives a substantial amount of state and/or federal government funds that can be used to offset the decline in revenue that serves as the basis for reopening the MOU, the City will immediately notify the LAPPL of this event and the parties will meet and confer over the use of such funds.

As stated in our letter of agreement, once the City receives this substantial amount of federal funding, the League will request to meet and confer over the use of these funds. The COVID relief legislation calls for the distributions of funds to qualifying jurisdictions, such as Los Angeles, in two tranches. Tranche one is estimated to arrive within 60-90 days and would amount to half of the overall allotment. Tranche two, the second half, is estimated to arrive within 12-months of the first tranche and must be preceded by an accounting of how the city spent the funds from the first tranche. These are one-time funds, and the Department of Treasury will release guidelines that the City must comply with as to what are the allowable uses for the funds.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
When you retire @LowRiver2 , you're welcome here. It's a pretty drive from here to Havasu, and no traffic. Lots of trails too...don't tell anyone!