WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LAPD Officers Sue City Over COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement

SoCalDave

Reaction score
New it was coming sooner than later...

LOS ANGELES (CNS) - Six Los Angeles Police Department officers are demanding in a new lawsuit that a federal judge immediately overturn the COVID-19 vaccination mandate for city employees, claiming there's no evidence that natural-acquired immunity isn't as effective as the jab.
“The city does not and cannot point to any evidence that vaccinated individuals have longer lasting or more complete immunity than those who have recovered from COVID,'' according to the complaint filed in Los Angeles federal court against the city of Los Angeles, its police chief, mayor and administrative officer.
The Los Angeles City Council last month approved an ordinance requiring city employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by early October, unless they are granted an exemption for medical or religious reasons. Under the mandate, employees would be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a weekly negative COVID-19 test.
A message seeking comment sent to the City Attorney's Office after regular business hours was not immediately answered. An LAPD spokeswoman said the department does not comment on pending litigation.
Along with the city, the complaint names Mayor Eric Garcetti, LAPD Chief Michel Moore and City Administrative Officer Matthew Szabo as defendants.
The lawsuit, filed Saturday, alleges the mandate violates the employees' constitutional rights to privacy and due process.
It also contends that data suggests that naturally acquired immunity may provide greater protection against the coronavirus and its variants than vaccine-induced immunity.
The suit takes issue with the ordinance's statement that unvaccinated employees are at a greater risk of contracting and spreading COVID-19 within the workplace, and risk transmitting the virus “to the public that depends on city services.''
The plaintiffs argue that “the city does not provide any evidence to support this premise, despite mounting data suggesting fully vaccinated individuals contract and transmit the COVID-19 Delta variant just like non-vaccinated individuals.''
The LAPD employees suing over the mandate are named in the lawsuit as Jason Burcham, Rodge Cayette, Michelle Lemons, Michael Puno, Susana Reynoso and Ana Fuentes. Among the group are officers who have “experienced and recovered from COVID-19,'' the suit states.
“Studies indicate that these plaintiffs' natural antibodies and immunity are greater than their vaccinated peers,'' plaintiffs allege.

https://capitaloneshopping.com/blog...a670215bb27fa6cdf091e6dfc09472&obOrigUrl=true

TCHB

Reaction score
I have always said if you do like the company policy quit. When your out on the street sue the company. Not one time in 38 years the former employee won a case. Remember the bigger the company the bigger law department. Most people do not have the cash it takes to put up a good fight.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Based on what I am reading in LEO only places this lawsuit is going to be replicated in many agencies if push comes to shove...which it will.
I know many officers on both ends of the career path who are looking at leaving either the agencies doing this or leaving the profession entirely.
A young person with less than 5-8 years on can resign, choose another career path and go on with life.
A cop out there who can retire but is holding out for whatever reason...more $, spouse still working, etc...is reconsidering their options...and in most cases they are bailing out, of not right now much, much earlier than they planned.
When you consider the insanity coming down on peace officers and then add this mandate, it doesn't take a crystal ball to see what is coming.
The guys who can retire but want to max out are using the saying "the juice isn't worth the squeeze".
The folks who are only 5-8 years in are saying, "if this is what we are facing now what is it gonna be like in 10 years?"
The poor SOBS who are stuck...the ones too old to start over but really not able to get out are the ones left. And they ain't happy, and some are just saying screw it, "I am vested, I will go work someplace else...anyplace else."

The State of Washington was threatening to suspend or revoke the credentials of any cop who refused to comply, making it impossible for them to work. The response from the LEO community was not what they expected, and they are reconsidering, because there would not be enough licensed cops left to do the deal. If you de-certify all the cops there ain't nobody left to do the really shitty stuff the cops have to do to keep what is left of civilization civil.
But the LEO profession in that state is under attack from many fronts. My longtime partner's son, a former US Army Ranger is a peace officer in Washington, and the powers that be there have taken away so many of the tools of the trade from them that his agency, which was once a great place to work, is now riding the crazy train and infested with the SJW mentality. He is weighing his options as many others around him have already departed.

In Austin, Texas, the city tried to re-hire retirees to fill the huge number of vacancies that is crippling the PD.
"Come back to the city that you served" or some horse manure"
The problem is that the city and PD admin have made a once decent place to work a model of Social Justice insanity, and they ain't getting any takers.
Why would a guy who made it out go back to an agency that doesn't support its cops? And how does the city pay them when their retirement is in effect? Nope, nope, not gonna rise to that bait.

Looking at the political structure of California, and the metro areas in particular doesn't inspire confidence in rational thinking people that these areas will escape the turmoil that is building.

Then...when you look at the number of applicants for the profession, and see the obvious result of all of this, well...ain't many folks looking for this kind of gig under these circumstances. In Sacramento, a woman was murdered in her home by a long time criminal, and the media is going about trying to find out "why" this guy wasn't in jail, why when he was arrested two weeks ago for vehicle theft a parole hold didn't keep him in the bucket.

The reporter was incredulous when a cop explained to her that stealing a car is a misdemeanor in this state, because that is what the voters wanted. and making people post bail is mean, so we don't do that no more, because that is what voters wanted.
No one seems to remember all the propositions pushed by the SJW types to lower prison populations, reduce crimes, etc. People wonder why there are bad guys but a lot of folks clap when they hear that the state prison population has been cut by 70k plus.
In no small part things are screwed because people have exercised their voting rights and got in the people who promised to make these changes.
And they did.
And here we are.

In short, agencies are losing cops, right and left, and no one is doing anything to stop the hemorrhaging.
Almost seems like it was planned this way.

This is going to get worse before it gets better, folks. The COVID deal is just another factor in a rapidly deteriorating situation. Another tool being applied to make changes.
Act accordingly.

Sorry for the rant.
I gotta go mow, my least favorite thing to do....well second least. Packing is right up there now too.
I should not log in here when I gotta mow afterwords.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Many of us realize that now, but what can we do about it? I guess I could just become an illegal immigrant, they aren't required to be vaccinated.

Well it certainly won't get better if people just keep biting their tongues and go along with it against their better judgement. It's time to be much more vocal and forceful in objecting to these ridiculous mandates.

charred1

Reaction score
Probably the same law firm that is representing a group of officers, firefighters and nurses in San Diego. The city of San Diego is rescinding their Nov. 2nd deadline for all city employees to be vaccinated due to a recent survey sent out to SDPD. They determined about 500 officers would bounce if mandated. Rumors are circulating that there are close to 200 firefighters that would bounce too. City apparently recognizes that this can have a devastating impact on services to citizens, so they are looking at alternative means...weekly testing and mask wearing.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Too many hand outs. Change will be tough.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Based on what I am reading in LEO only places this lawsuit is going to be replicated in many agencies if push comes to shove...which it will.
I know many officers on both ends of the career path who are looking at leaving either the agencies doing this or leaving the profession entirely.
A young person with less than 5-8 years on can resign, choose another career path and go on with life.
A cop out there who can retire but is holding out for whatever reason...more $, spouse still working, etc...is reconsidering their options...and in most cases they are bailing out, of not right now much, much earlier than they planned.
When you consider the insanity coming down on peace officers and then add this mandate, it doesn't take a crystal ball to see what is coming.
The guys who can retire but want to max out are using the saying "the juice isn't worth the squeeze".
The folks who are only 5-8 years in are saying, "if this is what we are facing now what is it gonna be like in 10 years?"
The poor SOBS who are stuck...the ones too old to start over but really not able to get out are the ones left. And they ain't happy, and some are just saying screw it, "I am vested, I will go work someplace else...anyplace else."

The State of Washington was threatening to suspend or revoke the credentials of any cop who refused to comply, making it impossible for them to work. The response from the LEO community was not what they expected, and they are reconsidering, because there would not be enough licensed cops left to do the deal. If you de-certify all the cops there ain't nobody left to do the really shitty stuff the cops have to do to keep what is left of civilization civil.
But the LEO profession in that state is under attack from many fronts. My longtime partner's son, a former US Army Ranger is a peace officer in Washington, and the powers that be there have taken away so many of the tools of the trade from them that his agency, which was once a great place to work, is now riding the crazy train and infested with the SJW mentality. He is weighing his options as many others around him have already departed.

In Austin, Texas, the city tried to re-hire retirees to fill the huge number of vacancies that is crippling the PD.
The problem is that the city and PD admin have made a once decent place to work a model of Social Justice insanity, and they ain't getting any takers.
Why would a guy who made it out go back to an agency that doesn't support its cops? And how does the city pay them when their retirement is in effect? Nope, nope, not gonna rise to that bait.

Looking at the political structure of California, and the metro areas in particular doesn't inspire confidence in rational thinking people that these areas will escape the turmoil that is building.

Then...when you look at the number of applicants for the profession, and see the obvious result of all of this, well...ain't many folks looking for this kind of gig under these circumstances. In Sacramento, a woman was murdered in her home by a long time criminal, and the media is going about trying to find out "why" this guy wasn't in jail, why when he was arrested two weeks ago for vehicle theft a parole hold didn't keep him in the bucket.

The reporter was incredulous when a cop explained to her that stealing a car is a misdemeanor in this state, because that is what the voters wanted. and making people post bail is mean, so we don't do that no more, because that is what voters wanted.
No one seems to remember all the propositions pushed by the SJW types to lower prison populations, reduce crimes, etc. People wonder why there are bad guys but a lot of folks clap when they hear that the state prison population has been cut by 70k plus.
In no small part things are screwed because people have exercised their voting rights and got in the people who promised to make these changes.
And they did.
And here we are.

In short, agencies are losing cops, right and left, and no one is doing anything to stop the hemorrhaging.

This is going to get worse before it gets better, folks. The COVID deal is just another factor in a rapidly deteriorating situation. Another tool being applied to make changes.
Act accordingly.

Sorry for the rant.
I gotta go mow, my least favorite thing to do....well second least. Packing is right up there now too.

I remember the dude in Shasta county that was arrested and released for car theft 3 separate times in 48 hours.

Backlash

Reaction score
I just talked with a friend of mine this morning who is a LEO. His SoCal agency is being told that if they do not show proof of vaccination, the city will label them as "Unfit for duty," and terminate them. As ludicrous as it sounds, he said that is exactly what their city council is pushing for. I told him they should start the process of voting their chief out, as it seems he didn't put up much of a fight for the officers in that department. Sounds like he just rolled over and took it in the ass like a good little boy, simply to save his own skin. Cuck. 🤬

PlanB

Reaction score
My former agency has backed off of the mandatory vaccination for now. Like was stated above, if you are at the beginning or end of your career it's much easier to walk. If you have 15 or so in, it's much harder. My wife has 15 in and 8 more to go. She won't walk from her pension and other benefits (we have talked about it). It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

hallett3

Reaction score
LAPD officers has a attorney in Orange County who’s going to represent over 1000 officers on the force vaccine. Currently there is over 4000 city employees who are not vaccinated. More are signing up. LAFD has a separated attorney as well and hear there is a lot of fire fighters on the law suit as well. This on is separate from the above mentioned above officers .

jesco

Reaction score
LAPD officers has a attorney in Orange County who’s going to represent over 1000 officers on the force vaccine. Currently there is over 4000 city employees who are not vaccinated. More are signing up. LAFD has a separated attorney as well and hear there is a lot of fire fighters on the law suit as well. This on is separate from the above mentioned above officers .
Yep... my buddy is LAFD, he said there is roughly 3500 in the department, more than 1/2 have said FU to getting the vaxx... most of them have already had C19 so dont see the need to get it and they see people DAILY having health issues after getting the vaxx. Gonna get interesting...

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Sheriff Bianco is a badass guy. Need more, like him! 👍

2E130223-D5C7-4900-BE4C-BC9CF80FF0E1.jpeg

hallett3

Reaction score
New update: Thousands Of LAPD Employees Plan To Seek Exemptions To COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
Thousands of Los Angeles Police Department employees plan to seek exemptions to rules requiring city employees to get vaccinated against COVID-19, according to preliminary figures obtained Monday by The Times. More than 2,600 LAPD employees have indicated that they plan to pursue religious exemptions, while more than 350 plan to seek medical ones, according to a source in city government who was not authorized to share the preliminary data. Under the ordinance, city employees must be fully vaccinated by Oct. 5 unless they are granted a religious or medical exemption. Employees who receive exemptions will be subject to regular testing for the coronavirus, according to the ordinance. City officials pushed back a deadline last week for employees to seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement, instead giving workers until the end of Monday to indicate that they plan to pursue an exemption. As of early evening on Monday, nearly 3,000 of 12,311 LAPD employees had done so, and the number could grow before a midnight cutoff. Preliminary figures were not available for other city departments. The Los Angeles Police Protective League has argued that the city should allow weekly testing as an alternative to getting vaccinated, regardless of whether an employee has obtained a medical or religious exemption. In a written proposal, the police union argued that doing so “strikes an appropriate balance.”

500bbc

Reaction score

And they did.
And here we are.

Act accordingly.

Sorry for the rant.
This line right here says it all.
Just imagine. there are still people in this country too stupid to see our country is purposely being destroyed.

Backlash

Reaction score
Ditto that. ^^

WGAF. They are footing that testing bill, not any of the employees. They will grow tired of it (The costs of testing), and they'll grow bored playing the Covid game. If it was me, my plan would be to simply outlast them. ;)