WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LAPD SWAT Shot In Face

NicPaus

Reaction score
Sounds like my tweeker neighbor next door. Was at Dinner at HT grill Friday when my phone started blowing up. Neighbor discharged his gun a few times fighting with his girlfriend. Get a call there is LAPD in my driveway and ghetto bird hovering over my house. By the time I got home only 1 patrol car still blocking my driveway with no officers to be found. They already arrested the neighbor and left. About 20 minutes later they show up to move car. They would not let me know what happened. Other neighbor tells me there must of been 50 officers at one point. Neighbor has always been cool with me but the other neighbor mentioned a few days prior he saw him draw his gun on some random walking down the street. He said later that day watched him put his gone to gf head and tell her get back in the house. I showed up this morning to the 2 of them fighting like crazy again. Guess he got released already. Was thinking I would not see him for a while but with current laws they just let them out. Common practice these days. My biggest concern was them going through my yard to get him and shooting my dogs in the process.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Just watched video.... so they were saying it was a BB gun but it sure sounded like a real gun and that cop that got hit was bleeding pretty bad. Did you get a good look at the rifle cops kicked away from suspect?

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Just watched video.... so they were saying it was a BB gun but it sure sounded like a real gun and that cop that got hit was bleeding pretty bad. Did you get a good look at the rifle cops kicked away from suspect?

This appears to be the "bb gun" that he had https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearms/shotguns/ksg/

1617209503965.png

Cdog

Reaction score
Posted it on passing Cops thread

Brand spanking new Dteam Officer

Birdshot/wearing Avon gas mask helped the injury not be worse.
We were ramping up to bring BAT CAT to get the Sierra Teams high ground advantage, or tear windows out . Shooter stepped out and got dispatched.
View attachment 987800

WTF! Dont they teach these guys weak side transitions with their AR's? It's a SWAT team for christ sake...

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I will say what we are all thinking :

Why would anyone look around the corner from the same spot you took fire from?

I agree that is an issue to be addressed, regardless of who is involved.

Suspect was done moment round went diagonally through his upper torso from what I was told.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score

Suspect was done moment round went diagonally through his upper torso from what I was told.
Exactly what I was thinking. Glad you said it. Especially after he took the first round and then after told his partner that he still couldn’t see the guy... right before the second hit.
Bad deal. Glad he’s recovering. Lucky.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
He’s a brand new guy,

2 things Cory

1. He should of been replaced by the second Officer after being shot the first time (Perfect world)

2.While weak side transitions are preferred, most instructors, schools don’t teach that with 45 lbs. of tac gear AND an AVON 53 mask on,all stuffed with comm’s, sweat , fogging mask, adrenaline and a super tight (headache time) ballistic helmet.

There will be a lot of debriefs, training off this incident.

The man took a round and stayed on point, gotta respect that.

The best tactics in the world can go south when real bullets are involved, not paper targets, simunitions , and timers.

Happens to the best of them
The way it is.

Man, I could never do this job. I'd be so jaded by the 2nd week.

I don't think the weak side transition is a big deal, because I'd rather be 100% on the strongside vs. 75% on the weak side. Not many people train both sides equally. I don't think I've ever seen a pro pie a corner, right up on the corner... I've always been taught to go wide, but I’m just a civilian that likes to take classes.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Is there an advantage to being right up on the corner of the house? It the training I've had, keeping distance from the corner gives you a smaller slice of the pie as you step around/look around, and less of you for the other guy to see. Always willing to learn better tactics though.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Is there an advantage to being right up on the corner of the house? It the training I've had, keeping distance from the corner gives you a smaller slice of the pie as you step around/look around, and less of you for the other guy to see. Always willing to learn better tactics though.
Without talking to guys there, they have to contain the suspect in the home he’s in, not let him get into another home , more positions of advantage.
Unfortunately the suspect gets to make the playing field we have to adapt to it.
He had been moving all around that house prior to that point

500bbc

Reaction score

At least there was a happy ending...

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Weren’t they at the corner of the bad guys house?
If you are pie’ ing the corner and he sneaks back into the house he can take you out from a window easily.

I’m just a guy on a forum though..

LowRiver2

Reaction score
If you are pie’ ing the corner and he sneaks back into the house he can take you out from a window easily.

Inner and outer perimeters on a barricaded suspect for that exact reason : ie: roof tops

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Glad the point man will recover. Could have been a lot worse, just depending on loads or weapon.
Glad "Mijo" is done with...high ground guy did good, point needs to buy him a case.

Havasujaws

Reaction score

They were at the corner of the neighbors house.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
On the otherhand, I'd never seen tear gas being fired from that angle. I didn't realize they used kickers, and an old school grenade/mortar launcher.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
They have four different types of launchers, gas rounds
My current life goals include being well away from gas rounds.
May have seen a shotgun used to launch various devices in my youth...physics and chemistry research.

Backlash

Reaction score
Hard to transition to your offhand shooting a long gun while wearing a gas mask. The mask has a filter cartridge that is typically set up on the offhand side of the mask. Making that transition while wearing the gas mask is going to be extremely difficult to do, even in a perfect world. Glad the officer is going to fully recover. Thank you for risking your lives and for performing a thankless job. Stay safe out there and keep your head on a swivel! 😉

4Waters

Reaction score
Hard to transition to your offhand shooting a long gun while wearing a gas mask. The mask has a filter cartridge that is typically set up on the offhand side of the mask. Making that transition while wearing the gas mask is going to be extremely difficult to do, even in a perfect world. Glad the officer is going to fully recover. Thank you for risking your lives and for performing a thankless job. Stay safe out there and keep your head on a swivel! 😉
Not totally thankless, you're thankful as well as most of us here👍

River Runnin

Reaction score
Fortunately? ... or Unfortunately! -- That Leo there will be made an example of in future training presentations! -- If you get shot peeking around a corner, It's not a very wise Idea to Peek again!

And he's extremely lucky it wasn't slugs coming out that BB gun! 🤯