WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Large Box Anchor Needed - STAT!

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
Yesterday we were chilling on a sandbar with a bunch of friends enjoying the beautiful day:

IMG_20150725_135242645.jpg

IMG_20150725_135200951.jpg

Later, in the afternoon, the wind picked up pretty good. When this happens, my tri-toon becomes a kite with the hard top and biminis that are on it:

IMG_20150725_135217033.jpg

Well needless to say, the anchor broke loose and we came within 5 feet of smashing into a sick KMG that was anchored behind us:

IMG_20150725_142924585.jpg

It would not have been pretty!

So, if anyone has a large box anchor laying around that you want to get rid of, please PM me.

Thanks.......

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I think I would use two small before I used one large.. The big ones are such a pain in the ass..

Actually the little ones are a pain in the ass as well but at least they don't weigh a too much.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I just stepped up from the small to the large one. Well worth it imo. I used to have issues with my small one dragging on the bottom. Last time out I used the large one and it set right away and never moved. Sure it's a little bigger and heavier but I didn't think it was that much more difficult than my old small one.

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
I think I would use two small before I used one large.. The big ones are such a pain in the ass..

Actually the little ones are a pain in the ass as well but at least they don't weigh a too much.
Two anchors? I am much too lazy for that......

TOBTEK

Reaction score
PRETTY SURE you can walk into West Marine and buy one off the shelf, OR call Monday morning to Box Anchor direct. You'll have it in two days.

PS: Don't worry about that "left over" Mach22.......those are for pussies.( so 2005 :rolleyes) :p real men have Toon's :D

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
PRETTY SURE you can walk into West Marine and buy one off the shelf, OR call Monday morning to Box Anchor direct. You'll have it in two days.

PS: Don't worry about that "left over" Mach22.......those are for pussies.( so 2005 :rolleyes) [emoji14] real men have Toon's :D
No west marine in Yuma. Just checking to see if anyone has one they don't need.... [emoji2]

If not, I'll order one online and have it delivered to Fisher's..... Those guys love me so much.... [emoji14]

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
West marine is way overpriced. I'd check online or hopefully someone on here will chime in with one they wanna sell. That's how I got mine at almost half cost of a new one.

DrHW

Reaction score
I have a large one I do not use. Left PM.

dp85tona

Two strokes is enough
Reaction score
Yesterday we were chilling on a sandbar with a bunch of friends enjoying the beautiful day:

View attachment 422506

View attachment 422507

Later, in the afternoon, the wind picked up pretty good. When this happens, my tri-toon becomes a kite with the hard top and biminis that are on it:

View attachment 422508

Well needless to say, the anchor broke loose and we came within 5 feet of smashing into a sick KMG that was anchored behind us:

View attachment 422509

It would not have been pretty!

So, if anyone has a large box anchor laying around that you want to get rid of, please PM me.

Thanks.......

But John you forgot the best part of the story... you know the part that you were asleep on the back hatch the entire time, all the while there was about 8 people yelling at you and running all the way across the sandbar just to save Edwin's boat... hahahahaha

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
But John you forgot the best part of the story... you know the part that you were asleep on the back hatch the entire time, all the while there was about 8 people yelling at you and running all the way across the sandbar just to save Edwin's boat... hahahahaha

Shhhhhhhh..... Quit giving away my secrets...... :)