WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Larry Bird

Not So Fast

Reaction score
Anyone watch the many stories about one of the greatest basket ball players of all time available thru You Tube. Very entertaining especailly seeing how he was playing against some of the best players ever. And he did some serious SHIT talking to them and they show much respect!!!
NSF

Last edited:

rrrr

Reaction score
Bird was ruthless on the court. He embarrassed just about every player that guarded him during his career, and did things defensively that were impossible. When Bird got pissed off, the controlled mayhem he mostly kept in check went wild.

I can't recall for sure, but I think the Celtics went to five NBA Finals in the 1980s, and won three.

This steal in the 1987 Eastern Conference Finals against Detroit is a good example of the intensity level of Bird's game.

Last edited:

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Bird was ruthless on the court. He embarrassed just about every player that guarded him during his career, and did things defensively that were impossible. When Bird got pissed off, the controlled mayhem he mostly kept in check went wild.

I can't recall for sure, but I think the Celtics went to five NBA Finals in the 1980s, and won three.

Lakers /Celtics decade mostly

Aces & Eights

Reaction score
I watched all of those Lakers/Celtics games in the 80’s. That was some great basketball. Bird always made me shake my head in disbelief. Equally hated and respected that man.

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
Funny to hear the stories of him telling his opponents exactly what he was about to do, challenging them to stop him. Those were some great times in pro sports.

FCT

Reaction score
Not Larry Bird but if you haven’t watched The Last Dance on Netflix you should. Great Documentary on MJ