WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Last Minute Complete LAX Fiasco for my Neighbors Alaska Fishing Trip . . .

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
So my neighbor's had a Rough-Go the last few years.
Wife passed away, shortly after he took a header on a long range trip aboard a 2- day trip and was down w/ knee injury for a few months.
Shortly after he passed-out in the Stater Bros parking lot and smacked his head on the concrete, spent a month in the hospital w/ a brain bleed.
So he booked an Alaska Fishing trip w/ his bro who's a commercial fisherman.
Super Shuttle was supposed to pick them up today at 7:00 am.
But they called last minute and cancelled, saying some BS about how their van broke down and were unable to provide shuttle service.
So I get the call for a lift to LAX . . . 'Fuck Yeah' I said, . . . no way I'm not helping those fuckers out, they're legends!
So I grabbed my phone, wallet, a cup of Joe, & a can of dip and said, "Let's Go Fuckers"!!!!
I hadn't battled rush-hour traffic in YEARS . . . I JOOKED so many ! Right hand turns from the #2 lane instead of the #3 ! :cool::cool::cool:
Pulled into the Alaska terminal right on time, kicked the boys to the curb with their back packs & said, "Go Have Fun Boys"!!!
Damn it feels good to help out the old guys a little !
I snapped a pic at the curb before I bolted . . . Looks like they were stoked . . . good times !!!!!

IMG_2994.jpeg

Last edited:

ltbaney1

Reaction score
Good on ya. id be willing to bet you got some fresh fish coming your way along with good karma.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
NICE JOB! Been to Sitka many times to fish salmon and halibut. It’s amazing and always a great time.

attitude

Reaction score
Good for you! I had that happen to me as well, got woken up by my mom at 3:00am asking if I could take her and my step dad to LAX because their shuttle was a no show. Corona to LAX and back to corona for work at 6:00 lol

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
AWESOME!!!!! That is the way that things are done with good people!!! Nice job. Be sure to ask for images of their adventure. I want to see these two guys living out their dreams on th e water and having a good time. 👍

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
AWESOME!!!!! That is the way that things are done with good people!!! Nice job. Be sure to ask for images of their adventure. I want to see these two guys living out their dreams on th e water and having a good time. 👍
I will … but I’m at the mercy of what they come up with !
😆🤪🤙🤘🇺🇸

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
That's what friends are supposed to do. Help out when things look like hell, sweat or bleed for the high wages of a slice of pizza and a soda...
Good friends are rare, and sometimes you don't realize how good they are until your flat busted.

You're one of the good ones!