WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Last of the Camaros

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
Looks like the current gen Camaro is going to be the last. GM Authority notes the last model year will be 2024 and likely abbreviated. No plans to continue with the model. While I know the same thing happened in 2002, we are in different times and it’s more likely than not that this is it.

I'm thinking it will be well less than a decade before gas powered cars are the minority (in terms of new sales and availability) and I am having trouble getting my head around it. I’m simply not interested in owning a battery powered car (and I’m talking cars only) no matter how much faster, efficient or better they might be.

I like the sound, smell and driving characteristics of a V8 in a rear wheel drive car with a stick shift. Further, for most of the last 40 years, I’ve owned one. Perhaps I’m a dinosaur but I don’t care.

Earlier today I ordered an SS 1LE with a stick and factory tower strut. Black on black on black. Nothing else. Discounted from MSRP. Just a decent naturally aspirated pony car. It will be my 7th Camaro since 1981 and I’m stoked about it. They tell me 2 to 2 and a 1/2 months before I get it however, we’ll see. Sticking with the order regardless.

I suspect it will be this car, or something like it that my kids end up getting…

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I’ve been mulling over doing the same. Miss having a nicely appointed fun car.

Congrats.

Last edited:

sirbob

Reaction score
I can see the new 2030 Camaro now. It will be a van high steering wheel less people mover that will be used on the highways that only allow fully autonomous electric vehicular people transporters.

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
the One Big Regret is having to sell my all original, bone stock, 67 Z28! What a car!
I restored a 69 (base car with a small block, cowl induction hood and an enlarged whale’s tail) in the later 90s. Found someone (in Cali) that was still willing to do real lacquer and did 10 plus coats of candy apple red with integral twin black strips. All new black interior. Came out absolutely sick. Eventually sold it for less than $10k. Out of all the cars I’ve owned, this one is probably my biggest regret. That said, there are a lot of close seconds as well.

nameisbond

Reaction score
Oh, we also have some mountain roads with corners. Electric cars will always be too heavy for good handling in corners.

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
I have had a ZL1 on order for 4 months now. Very few allocations around the country. Some weeks zero. Some weeks 50 to 60. It may not happen for 2022. Crazy times.

Cdog

Reaction score
the One Big Regret is having to sell my all original, bone stock, 67 Z28! What a car!
Damn! They only made 602 of them. My dad had a 69 z28. I had a 67 ss 327 as my first car. Sold it last year as a project. Have a 69 ss350 now that I need to finish

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Hemi V8 production cancelled.
Mustang is now an SUV.
I can’t imagine we’ll recognize a Camaro if the nameplate remains.

Sad times we live in.

Taboma

Reaction score
Hemi V8 production cancelled.
Mustang is now an SUV.
I can’t imagine we’ll recognize a Camaro if the nameplate remains.

Sad times we live in.
So the
TRX is done before it barely got off the ground ?

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
So the
TRX is done before it barely got off the ground ?
Announced to end by/before the end of 2023.
SRT group rumored to already be disbanded. Get them while you can…

DUNEFLYER

The original DUNEFLYER of RDP 😁
Reaction score
There was a Camaro gathering in town some where this weekend, caught
the last half of them driving thru this morning.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I hope the upcoming electric car era is only temporary. "Even though I have one and love it."Something like the transition of the muscle cars from the late 60s to the years where smog equipment and shit engines neutered them for a little. "Pops told me about this, and still regrets selling his 69 Camaro to this day." Who would have thought we'd have 700+ hp cars all over the place today. Nothing can replace the sound of big CI...