WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Late news? To me. Mr. Toyhauler died (Mark Warmoth)

Joe mama

Reaction score
Found this out Sunday but didn’t get any details on what happened.
I figured River Dave probably knew him since Dave is good friends with Kris..Mark had a good thing going with WW but I think they started cutting to many corners. Met him a few times and seemed like a cool guy. RIP

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Agreed to say the toy hauler idea has really changed how we deal with toys and camping these days. They were by far pumping out the trailers by the dozens on the daily compared to anyone else which of course makes for poor quality control, corners being cut, and common issues more relevant based on how many more they had in the market. For sure lied about gvw ratings and all that haha.

riverroyal

Reaction score
adios.....my legal issues with WW are no secret.
The stress he put on myself and family over 2 years i cant say rest in peace.
And yes HE put the stress. Not some employee

yard dog

Reaction score
I knew Mark when he was at a Alfa and also when he started Weekend Warrior . I was the regional outside contact for Shelter components for 25 years . Weekend Warrior started at the Chino airport in a airplane hanger and the first trailer a lot of the suppliers give him a lot of parts to build the first prototype. The first shop was on a little street off of Mission Blvd just little run down building for many years then it moved to bigger building Holt Blvd then to Perris . Mark was big on about how the outside of the trailer looked going down the highway because of the look at me attitude of the buyers that want this type trailer . I always had a good relationship with him as a supplier and went water skiing with him and all guys that were purchasing agents at Alfa often . As a supplier for Weekend Warrior they purchased all of there fasteners , magnetek converters , cabinet hardware, shower pans , tubs and surrounds from me at one it was big account.

Last edited:

grumpy88

Reaction score
Definitely burned some bridges in the past. 2007 and on were really not good to him when it all crashed down.
Not good to him or " us " who purchased his product ? Insult to injury was when he reopened . Felt like the middle finger to me and im sure to alot of others . Still i hope his family and friends find closer and peace .

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
RIP
i had one of the early WW, back then service was unbelievable, He was a great guy, if you had any issue he took care of it. Really liked that Trailer and the company

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I knew Mark when he was at a Alfa and also when he started Weekend Warrior . I was the regional outside contact for Shelter components for 25 years . Weekend Warrior started at the Chino airport in a airplane hanger and the first trailer a lot of the suppliers give him a lot of parts to build the first prototype. The first shop was on a little street off of Mission Blvd just little run down building for many years then it moved to bigger building Holt Blvd then to Perris . Mark was big on about how the outside of the trailer looked going down the highway because of the look at me attitude of the buyers that want this type trailer . I always had a good relationship with him as a supplier and went water skiing with him and all guys that were purchasing agents at Alfa often . As a supplier for Weekend Warrior they purchased all of there fasteners , magnetek converters , cabinet hardware, shower pans , tubs and surrounds from me at one it was big account.

I talked to him when he was in that run down building. Seemed like a guy who cared about his product.

Talked to him decades later, and all he had was excuses for me about him and his company. Poor me is all I heard.

The stories of him and his cocaine habit in florida are no secret to some of us.

The success and drugs got to him. Can't say I'm a fan of him either.

Hope he's in a better place than he was.

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Not good to him or " us " who purchased his product ? Insult to injury was when he reopened . Felt like the middle finger to me and im sure to alot of others . Still i hope his family and friends find closer and peace .
Good point as with all scenarios there are some good and some bad for sure! I do recall certains years of booger sugar causing many issues with people as well. 🤷🏽‍♂️

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
RIP
i had one of the early WW, back then service was unbelievable, He was a great guy, if you had any issue he took care of it. Really liked that Trailer and the company

I'm the early days at the big shop, I can't remember the guys name, but Mark had a service writer there that was Awesome.

He bent over backwards trying to fix all the fuck ups on my trailer. He did the absolute best he could.

And then......

Mark fired the guy. (he musta been costing Mark a fortune trying to make all the trailers right!)

The service was never the same after that. In retrospect, it was the beginning of the end for Mark.

UltraLucky

Reaction score
I'm the early days at the big shop, I can't remember the guys name, but Mark had a service writer there that was Awesome.

He bent over backwards trying to fix all the fuck ups on my trailer. He did the absolute best he could.

And then......

Mark fired the guy. (he musta been costing Mark a fortune trying to make all the trailers right!)

The service was never the same after that. In retrospect, it was the beginning of the end for Mark.
Was it Jim Goodwin?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Was it Jim Goodwin?

I seriously can't remember. He looked like a thug. All inked up. Looked like someone you wouldn't want to fuck with!

Super nice guy. You could tell everyone that worked there liked him. I know I sure did. Super cool dude for sure.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I remember after not seeing my new 5th wheel for about 5 months. It started at the dealership.
I called endlessly to the perris factory. Never got returned calls
I finally lost it. I called told the receptionist im on my way. Pull the fucking trailer out. Im not leaving without it.
The place was like Tijuana. Complete shit hole.
I got to the office where brand new porche. Benz. Jag were parked.
I went in a stood at a ladies desk. Said im not moving until someone tells me wtf was going on.
A guy came out 'were almost done but the carpet we dont have time for. Its in the trailer and the dealership can do it'
I sat in the the lot for 6 hours waiting.
Got home. Went inside. Shit not fixed. Fridge with new dents.

Got a lawyer that week

zhandfull

Reaction score
RIP
I had a 2001 FS30 and had the same experience. The WW was way ahead of the market in fit and finish in 2001. I would say my trailer was as good or better back then than 90% of the toy haulers built today.

Joe mama

Reaction score
It got to the point that if an employee could come up with a short cut to save a few bucks they would get a bonus. That’s part of the reason for the decline in the product quality. If you do it right it’s going to cost a bit more.

Icky

Reaction score
The market for used WW is crazy right now

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Had one client who bought his house and had another who bought his building.