boat527

Reaction score
Hot Matrix 5
Launch "oops' 3

Im keeping score

Eqdreanz

Reaction score
10616665_10203845751376312_2510598316165925227_n.jpg

**Pic compliments of AZ Hot Boats page on Facebook. Sorry no story or video attached. Seems like video was removed from original site.**

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
That lower unit looks like it already had the 'off road kit' installed, in the past.

26LAVEY525

Reaction score
Anyone know what happened to he video!!! It was up now it's gone.

707dog

Reaction score
woooow:yikes...seems like afew of you guys know the boat but whats the story?? mechanical i hope? that was alot of gas in reverese and a whole lot more in forward:bash:

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Step one: Place throttle at max position.
Step two: Jam in reverse.
Step three: Jam in forward.
Step four: call for crane service.

250Eagle

Reaction score
woooow:yikes...seems like afew of you guys know the boat but whats the story?? mechanical i hope? that was alot of gas in reverese and a whole lot more in forward:bash:

And not enough talent. The idle before it goes in gear is not right and the people I talked to that we're around when it happened said it sounded like it was on the rev limiter. They said that rev took place for at least 5 minutes before he backed it off the trailer and parked on the ramp.

707dog

Reaction score
And not enough talent. The idle before it goes in gear is not right and the people I talked to that we're around when it happened said it sounded like it was on the rev limiter. They said that rev took place for at least 5 minutes before he backed it off the trailer and parked on the ramp.

sounds like he didnt know his boat or painful to say- maybe was only behind the wheel while the owner got the truck and trailer??

250Eagle

Reaction score
sounds like he didnt know his boat or painful to say- maybe was only behind the wheel while the owner got the truck and trailer??

No it was the owner because the Islander staff launched him.

JB in so cal

Reaction score

I heard the same thing. And if you listen, you can hear the motor. It sounds like shit! Friend says it sounded horrible on the trailer and should have never been launched. This boat is a few spaces down from me...sad to see:(

69 1/2

Reaction score
Appears to me the linkage is screwed up and it is bouncing off the neutral rev limiter which is usually set around 3k. You can hear him blip the throttle with the hope it would idle down a ways. When it wouldn't he goes ahead and pulls it into reverse. When the cone clutch in a bravo is under load it's hard to find neutral again and takes a lot of force, it went all the way to forward instead which is not surprising at all. Seems the throttle wouldn't close below somewhere around 50%. He had no idea the throttle was open anywhere near that far when it seemed to simply be a too fast idle as it wasn't redlining, he knew nothing about rev limiters.

250Eagle

Reaction score
I heard the same thing. And if you listen, you can hear the motor. It sounds like shit! Friend says it sounded horrible on the trailer and should have never been launched. This boat is a few spaces down from me...sad to see:(

Yeah I found his spot Saturday night on my booze cruise. I was hoping he was out so I could talk to him. I feel bad for the guy even though he should have left it on the trailer if it was really havering issues. It just sux to see.

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
Prop still looks good...:thumbsup

Maybe he'll be OK...

Thank goodness they put a cone out...safety first...:champagne:

Croz

Reaction score
KIT scratch out will buff that out

overdue

STARTING OVER
Reaction score
We will see it on Craigslist soon,
Self retrieving
Low Hrs below 3K RPM
Easy shifting
Trailer not needed
very fast , 0 to ramp in 3 seconds
A real attention whore

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Appears to me the linkage is screwed up and it is bouncing off the neutral rev limiter which is usually set around 3k. You can hear him blip the throttle with the hope it would idle down a ways. When it wouldn't he goes ahead and pulls it into reverse. When the cone clutch in a bravo is under load it's hard to find neutral again and takes a lot of force, it went all the way to forward instead which is not surprising at all. Seems the throttle wouldn't close below somewhere around 50%. He had no idea the throttle was open anywhere near that far when it seemed to simply be a too fast idle as it wasn't redlining, he knew nothing about rev limiters.

I don't normally say shit like this... Bit what the Fuck are you talking about? Lol

Neutral rev limiters? Etc?

69 1/2

Reaction score
I don't normally say shit like this... Bit what the Fuck are you talking about? Lol

Neutral rev limiters? Etc?

Google rev limiter, they work really well!:D rev limiters are set to a different max rpm when the shifter is in neutral. Try it in your truck, leave it in park and stand on the gas, it will only rev to 3,000rpm.

Far too many years of engineering and physics.