WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Launching at Willow

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Anybody drive there and launch, I want to go up there this summer, what’s the lowdown? How early on a weekend do you need to get there to have parking? Cost to park and launch? Any information you might share.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Very steep road pull off your berring buddy caps off , set before you back in breaks will be hot water is coldddddddd 🤔👍

Mrs. Riley1

Reaction score
We’ve launched there a few times. I believe its $25 to launch. If you have the national park pass it works there. The road down to the launch is very steep. This past summer was crazy with Covid and the parking lot was filling up by 10am on the weekends. If you go on a Sunday you can’t go north.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Enjoy! That is an amazing section of the Colorado, above and below Willow Beach. Yes, the water is crazy cold. Even during the Max Summer temps. Be sure to check the regs for power vessels. There are restrictions certain days/time of year. Watch the face of the cliffs, fairly common to see large Big Horn Sheep looking down at you. Pretty spectacular place. Second only to Lake Powell, in my book.

Last edited:

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
We’ve launched there a few times. I believe its $25 to launch. If you have the national park pass it works there. The road down to the launch is very steep. This past summer was crazy with Covid and the parking lot was filling up by 10am on the weekends. If you go on a Sunday you can’t go north.
Huh? You can’t go north on sundays?

Mrs. Riley1

Reaction score
Huh? You can’t go north on sundays?
No. Sunday and Monday are closed to 60hp and higher from Memorial to Labor Day. The rest of the year you can’t go north on any day.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
🤣🤣🤣I’m reading this thinking wtf, than i realized it’s about Willow Beach on Mohave, not Willow Valley in Mohave Valley.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
No. Sunday and Monday are closed to 60hp and higher from Memorial to Labor Day. The rest of the year you can’t go north on any day.

Sunday and Monday are no power whatsoever. Year round. (Read: kayak Sunday and Monday)

Tuesdays thru Saturdays from Memorial day to Labor day unrestricted. (Read: Summer)

Tuesdays thru Saturdays, from Labor day to Memorial day, 60 hp limit. (Read: Winter)

The down hill to the ramp isn't that bad. Speed limit is only 25 or 35 anyways. Part of Lake Mead National Recreation Area.

Dan'l

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Welll.. that’s bs

It's a compromise.
They could have shut it down for power boats.
Yes, could have. But it isn't.
Power boats have 5 days a week.
Kayaks/no power have two.
Not a bad compromise, really.

Dan'l

Mototrig

Reaction score
🤣🤣🤣I’m reading this thinking wtf, than i realized it’s about Willow Beach on Mohave, not Willow Valley in Mohave Valley.
I was reading it the same way LoL. Where is this Willow beach they speak of?

Edit: Nev'rmind I found it LoL. Completely different spot than what I was thinking 😂

Mrs. Riley1

Reaction score
Sunday and Monday are no power whatsoever. Year round. (Read: kayak Sunday and Monday)

Tuesdays thru Saturdays from Memorial day to Labor day unrestricted. (Read: Summer)

Tuesdays thru Saturdays, from Labor day to Memorial day, 60 hp limit. (Read: Winter)

The down hill to the ramp isn't that bad. Speed limit is only 25 or 35 anyways. Part of Lake Mead National Recreation Area.

Dan'l
I always get confused on that lol

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I was reading it the same way LoL. Where is this Willow beach they speak of?

Edit: Nev'rmind I found it LoL. Completely different spot than what I was thinking 😂
Steep?? Wtf did they put in a new ramp? 25$ wtf it’s a members/hoa only 🤦🏼

Ohhhh snap wring Willow!

nowski

Reaction score
It's a compromise.

Dan'l

Power boats 5 days a week 3 months out of the year isn't a compromise???

Boaters at one time were able use that area year round till one of the local outfitters lobbied the local government and the rest is history...

76sanger

Reaction score

Boaters at one time were able use that area year round till one of the local outfitters lobbied the local government and the rest is history...
100% agree! Sad thing is that it has the real potential of getting much worse in the next four years. With all the assholes (Democrats) moving into the area, and the Democrats going to be pushing brutally hard for this POS green deal all over the country. We all may be outlaws at some point just to go boating.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score

It's been over 20 years like this. (1997 I think). The other option was to close it. No power at all. And the other 9 months is 60 hp or less (restricted). So it's not completely closed. Jet skis (pwc) are not allowed in the restricted time.

Dan'l

Wedgy

Reaction score
I've seen boats beached high and dry up from WB, when the water drops.. I'd think off season water realeases would make some upper sections Scetchy shallow, just like below Davis Dam in BHC. Thinking Ringbolt Rapids below Hoover Dam. Loosing a prop is never fun. Been there done that.. Lower units hurt even worse 😢

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
@mash on it . . . . Thanks for all the info, really appreciate it.
I had no idea there were such restrictions.
I was planning on heading up there to do some Striper fishing.
That could've been a buzz-kill.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score

And best yet you have the kayaks everywhere, still. I get we all need to share, but the two times I’ve been up there the kayaks act as tho we are cruising through their sacred waters!

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Capture.JPG

nowski

Reaction score
And best yet you have the kayaks everywhere, still. I get we all need to share, but the two times I’ve been up there the kayaks act as tho we are cruising through their sacred waters!
If you think the kayacker's are bad the outfitters are 10X's worse. Several years ago I had one go off on me, I rode right up to him and gave him a piece of my mind. These pricks think they own the place...

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
If you think the kayacker's are bad the outfitters are 10X's worse. Several years ago I had one go off on me, I rode right up to him and gave him a piece of my mind. These pricks think they own the place...

And as a curtious boater, I keep the rooster to about 4', and enjoy the echo of the open headers as I cruise by at a modest 30 mph.

But I'm not afraid to use the loud pedal and trim up.

Dan'l

Jay Dub

Reaction score
It's a compromise.

Dan'l
Anybody drive there and launch, I want to go up there this summer, what’s the lowdown? How early on a weekend do you need to get there to have parking? Cost to park and launch? Any information you might share.
We launched there mid-week last summer. very beautiful. We had the Lake Mead pass for parking but no-one was in the booth. just a sign "proceed with caution". The drive down the mountain is very steep and bumpy. go slow and you will be fine. The water is very, very cold. we all jumped in just below the Hoover dam. I had each person jump holding or wearing a life jacket. The shock of the very cold water causes some folks to lockup. And the kayakers. We only got flipped off a few times. Just use common sense when going around them.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
So why not launch at Searchlight? Less on the road more in the water. It’s like trailering your dirt bike to the bar so you can ride across the parking lot. He’ll go from Katherine’s and let me know a few days before we’ll go as well. Love that ride.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
So why not launch at Searchlight? Less on the road more in the water. It’s like trailering your dirt bike to the bar so you can ride across the parking lot. He’ll go from Katherine’s and let me know a few days before we’ll go as well. Love that ride.
Summertime lines are crazy wait in and out 😫