WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Launching Boat Single Handed

92 cole

Reaction score
I have been launching like that for years, with or without a dock. I just hook the boat to the back of my pick-up with a 25 ft rope and pull up till the trailer is clear. Then have somebody hold the boat and park truck and trailer, get back to the boat, fire and clear the ramp for the rookies.

DWC

Reaction score
Necessity is the mother of invention or something like that. Genius.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
That's pretty cool. I'd hate for that thing to miss the cleat though and have your boat drifting loose. 😵

I've launched solo hundreds of time. Granted, it is at the ocean where the ramps are usually deserted so you can take your time. Back it in, undo the bow strap, grab forward and stern lines and tie to cleats, then pull the truck out.

I though this thread was going to be about this guy!

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
That was very sharp, I just couldn't slide my boat along a dock though.

God created kids for launching boats, teach them young and you will always have a great crew, and really if at least one of them can't go i really don't want to be there. My kids are always helping launch the family and friends boats, make me very proud as they are all very conscientious and people trust them.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
For us that DON'T suckle from Zuckerberg's teet......can anybody else post the video?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Launched my Hallett flatty at Lake Oroville by myself 90 percent of the time ...if there’s no crowd it ain’t that hard...