WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Launching in the keys

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I hear there are a few launch ramps in the keys? But one might be kind of slippery? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
The public launch ramp just south of the keyes is great and super easy.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Are there no launch ramps or they just suck?

it is so able and I have done it a few times.. it is just Not desirable.. the one at the north entrance to the keys has a pretty fast current and the trailer goes way out into the canal which can cause traffic problems if someone comes putting through the keys..

the one at the south entrance has a crazy apex at the top, and I have had to trailers jump off the balls at that ramp.. the second time it happened I said I’m not using this fucking ramp anymore.. aside there’s no place to turn around if you have anything bigger than a 21 etc..

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Your best bet as mentioned is the public launch ramp. I have used the ramp on Moovalya Dr. in the Keys but it is very slippery and like Dave said, has a high angled crest. I have never had any issues with the public launch ramp even though there are rocks in the vicinity. There is very little current there.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Your best bet as mentioned is the public launch ramp. I have used the ramp on Moovalya Dr. in the Keys but it is very slippery and like Dave said, has a high angled crest. I have never had any issues with the public launch ramp even though there are rocks in the vicinity. There is very little current there.
I like using that one so I can go dookie on Billdo's dock.....

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I hear there are a few launch ramps in the keys? But one might be kind of slippery? Any advice would be much appreciated.

What are you launching? I live here, and the ramp is uneven and has a crazy current. The low side is in the direction of the current, so if you’re too deep the boat goes over the fender. I still launch and retrieve here. It’s expert level, seriously, at least retrieving is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
What are you launching? I live here, and the ramp is uneven and has a crazy current. The low side is in the direction of the current, so if you’re too deep the boat goes over the fender. I still launch and retrieve here. It’s expert level, seriously, at least retrieving is.

I’m launching a 21ft boat in my avatar. My BIL is launching a 24ft dock crusher. We rented a house there for the weekend of desert storm. And our wife’s aren’t really capable or taking our trucks and trailer back if we launch at pirates for example. Trying to figure out a way me and him can launch one boat at a time without being a shit show. We usually stay at blue water and launch there.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I’m launching a 21ft boat in my avatar. My BIL is launching a 24ft dock crusher. We rented a house there for the weekend of desert storm. And our wife’s aren’t really capable or taking our trucks and trailer back if we launch at pirates for example. Trying to figure out a way me and him can launch one boat at a time without being a shit show. We usually stay at blue water and launch there.

I hit a prop on the trailer with a vdrive. That I wouldn’t recommend. Pirates ramp is broken, stay up river. The concrete is all busted up.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
This is where you want launch. So easy even my wife can do it. :D

9654 Riverside Dr.
Parker, Arizona

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
This is where you want launch. So easy even my wife can do it. :D

9654 Riverside Dr.
Parker, Arizona

That’s where we usually launch. But since we are in the keys we’re thinking it might be convenient to do it there.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Drop in at the cienega springs ramp.. have the wife drive forward and park the truck. Run to the keys and tie off the boat and go grab the truck/trailer. Not a big deal..its all close by and easy

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I rented in there once and launched a wave runner off the one on Moovalya Dr. Damn near lost my truck, so slippery!

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Just up river is the Official Boat Cop sheriff station. Their ramp is public and is pretty nice. I felt safe leaving my truck in the parking lot too. LOL