WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lavey Craft 29 NuEra - Boats Unlimited

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Solid choice - expensive and very very nice.

The brothers agonized on the transom and drive choices a long time, what you can get a deal on isn't necessarily what you always want.

I think the silver offsets the boats cool scheme nicely and matches the livorsi tabs pretty close.

UD

View attachment 642789
View attachment 642791
Dave, this ever get done and sent off to be rigged? What drive did they decide on? SCX I would hope?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Dave, this ever get done and sent off to be rigged? What drive did they decide on? SCX I would hope?

Still progressing. Boats getting an SCX.

Its in rigging now -getting some stuff done before the motor ships to us. We've got most of the boats parts in hand ready to finish it up.

Not sure of which lower yet, but with 900HP it will be nearly what the teague boat put out with a beefier drive.

The boat will address the big problem the teague 1000 boat had with the weak driveline - I remember running into that rig as well - that guy walked on everybody.

I know the mosetti brothers wanted to go 100MPh in a naturally aspirated V- and its a lot easier to get there with a bravo than an SCX but it should still haul serious ass and hold together with the setup going in it.

UD

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Still progressing. Boats getting an SCX.

Its in rigging now -getting some stuff done before the motor ships to us. We've got most of the boats parts in hand ready to finish it up.

Not sure of which lower yet, but with 900HP it will be nearly what the teague boat put out with a beefier drive.

The boat will address the big problem the teague 1000 boat had with the weak driveline - I remember running into that rig as well - that guy walked on everybody.

I know the mosetti brothers wanted to go 100MPh in a naturally aspirated V- and its a lot easier to get there with a bravo than an SCX but it should still haul serious ass and hold together with the setup going in it.

UD
Agreed. I think the newer design SCX lower is supposed to be pretty good and you can buy it blueprinted. Should only scrub off a couple mph only because the gear case is larger. I think they should still be able to run 100, especially given the numbers the 600 boat just ran!

Thanks for the update!

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Agreed. I think the newer design SCX lower is supposed to be pretty good and you can buy it blueprinted. Should only scrub off a couple mph only because the gear case is larger. I think they should still be able to run 100, especially given the numbers the 600 boat just ran!

Thanks for the update!

The upper will scrub a few on its own - because its harder to turn and the lower will scrub some more, - I had hear that the sci lower was modded for better hydrodynamics, but dont know much about it or who may have tested it.

Jimmy has one on his 29 but the mill took a crap on him.

Thing with the merc 600 is that it makes a bunch of torque probably 700+ Ft lb (be curious if anyone knows) like you'd expect a blown big block to make. Where this rig will be NA, but its damm impressive Mark is a smart cookie and no doubt it makes what he says.

UD

Last edited:

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
This boat is awesome and just about done minus drive and engine.

The entire build has been a long process but what a product!
The client is thrilled- as I would be.

The interior lighting is bidirectional shooting up and down from the valence.

The time frame has actually allowed for greater than anticipated choices for a drive

The client is really debating hard between a Max Machine works drive, or SCX upper/dual downshaft lower - the mill is making 900HP so its really going to be hitting the drive hard.

The motor and header guys are working on getting the accessories put on the, and the headers made with consideration of up to 8 widebands for tuning.

UD
IMG_6978.jpg
IMG_6980.jpg
IMG_6982.jpg
IMG_6984.jpg
IMG_6986.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6988.jpg
    IMG_6988.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_6979.jpg
    IMG_6979.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_6981.jpg
    IMG_6981.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_6985.jpg
    IMG_6985.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_6987.jpg
    IMG_6987.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_6989.jpg
    IMG_6989.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_6976.jpg
    IMG_6976.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 302

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
My vote would be the dual downshaft lower. Dude I know I’m NY has a 30’ Superboat with 1100hp, was running a full SCX and I think he picked up 8mph with the dual downshaft lower. Running 112 still dialing in props. Seems to be a winner, dude runs his boat hard.

Also, I spy that 32 NuEra open bow in the shop...? What’s the status on that?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
My vote would be the dual downshaft lower. Dude I know I’m NY has a 30’ Superboat with 1100hp, was running a full SCX and I think he picked up 8mph with the dual downshaft lower. Running 112 still dialing in props. Seems to be a winner, dude runs his boat hard.

Also, I spy that 32 NuEra open bow in the shop...? What’s the status on that?

New interior.

That things badass - 0-105 in 20 seconds before they souped it up further.

Its got two teague 800's that have been leaned on as the boats in tahoe and need little more wind.

UD

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
New interior.

That things badass - 0-105 in 20 seconds before they souped it up further.

Its got two teague 800's that have been leaned on as the boats in tahoe and need little more wind.

UD
Yeah I’ve always wanted that boat. I’m kinda glad you didn’t say it was for sale otherwise I’d have to make some life decisions lol. Thanks Dave!

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Wow, came out super nice Dave. I'm drooling over that.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
@Uncle Dave did the motor ever get put into this boat and run? Curious to see if it broke the 100mph mark...

No motor yet - they had some trouble with the accessory vendor and had fitment issues that made them jettison the first setup.

It sits covered in plastic ready ......

We might take it to DS and just keep the hatch closed.

UD

Lavey 29

Reaction score
I just happened to come up here tonite and seen this post. Correct the boat is still at Lavey Craft. The engine basically is not 100 percent done. Needs header exhaust, hoses, closed cooling, oil coolers, and a good fuel system set up.

I did and still have huge issues with Jones Racing Products. To add very very poor communication with Jones Racing products Located in PA for a long while. For one they really lack any skills to communicate with customers period. Maybe I guess outside of the world for dirt track car people. I am not a dirt car person to set that record straight so this put me on the 2 year program with these slackers is the only thing I can think of.

On top of I am not even that impressed with all their products either, Actually some of their stuff is not even close to what I expected. Extremely cheap spacers and not even any ARP bolts or nuts - If I recall it was grade 5 bolts and looks to be general store washers and nuts. Will rust up for a marine environment in a heatbeat. Jeez, --- I was referred to use their stuff as it was top notched. Again they are over rated along with their products and customer service hugely lacking 1000 percent. Their timeframes are the worst I have ever seen for anything. I will never deal with Jones Racing Products ever again. Nothing fits nor lines up from their set up per what they sent.

On top Jones kept a brand new water circ pump from Stewart that we bought from Summit Racing whom dropped shipped it to Jones Racing Products a long while ago. In return the charged me for their Edelbrock pump they sell. Man that's fair and great deal for them.

2 months ago, I even emailed Jones asking where the Stewart pump was and still these Jones people have not even returned the email nor called nor even say Im sorry. They do not even stock nor sell Stewart water pumps but they have my new one on their shelf or whatever they did with it.

If you call Jones, that is a joke as well. Anyways I am sure someone up here is a Jones Racing big time fan - great send this post to them - I welcome it. Complete poor everything and have an excuse all the time when you are able to get ahold of someone in which is about one third of the time. Emails they rarely never answer.

Even if their products where free, I would not use them. So my rant is over about those people for now but had to tell my side of it. And of course if they do see this post for some odd reason --- I am sure they will totally have a 180 story it was not them at fault. Matter fact I would bet on it because they always had some lame excuse.

At the moment I am not sure if the engine is going in the boat soon. I am busier than heck with all boating aspects for I what I do and do I mean covered up with work.

I do have a drop in engine if need to be just to get it out on the water for some run times, Also have a Bravo drive almost still brand new. I did buy a SC / Helmet to swap out the SCX helmet just in case to do so, if that route is taken ASAP.

Anyways I am in favor of it to be displayed at DS / Street Party especially if that helps out Lavey Craft as the boat really is a custom show piece.

The 29 should draw a lot of lookers and a ton of interest. I would be super glad to get as much interest and Lavey Craft the exposure. Anyways maybe will meet some of you guys at the street party.

Last edited:

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
I just happened to come up here tonite and seen this post. Correct the boat is still at Lavey Craft. The engine basically is not 100 percent done. Needs header exhaust, hoses, closed cooling, oil coolers, and a good fuel system set up.

I did and still have huge issues with Jones Racing Products. To add very very poor communication with Jones Racing products Located in PA for a long while. For one they really lack any skills to communicate with customers period. Maybe I guess outside of the world for dirt track car people. I am not a dirt car person to set that record straight so this put me on the 2 year program with these slackers is the only thing I can think of.

On top of I am not even that impressed with all their products either, Actually some of their stuff is not even close to what I expected. Extremely cheap spacers and not even any ARP bolts or nuts - If I recall it was grade 5 bolts and looks to be general store washers and nuts. Will rust up for a marine environment in a heatbeat. Jeez, --- I was referred to use their stuff as it was top notched. Again they are over rated along with their products and customer service hugely lacking 1000 percent. Their timeframes are the worst I have ever seen for anything. I will never deal with Jones Racing Products ever again. Nothing fits nor lines up from their set up per what they sent.

On top Jones kept a brand new water circ pump from Stewart that we bought from Summit Racing whom dropped shipped it to Jones Racing Products a long while ago. In return the charged me for their Edelbrock pump they sell. Man that's fair and great deal for them.

2 months ago, I even emailed Jones asking where the Stewart pump was and still these Jones people have not even returned the email nor called nor even say Im sorry. They do not even stock nor sell Stewart water pumps but they have my new one on their shelf or whatever they did with it.

If you call Jones, that is a joke as well. Anyways I am sure someone up here is a Jones Racing big time fan - great send this post to them - I welcome it. Complete poor everything and have an excuse all the time when you are able to get ahold of someone in which is about one third of the time. Emails they rarely never answer.

Even if their products was free, I would not use them. So my rant is over about those people for now but had to tell my side of it. And of course if they do see this post for some odd reason --- I am sure they will totally have a 180 story it was not them at fault. Matter fact I would bet on it because they always had some lame accuse.

At the moment I am not sure if the engine is going in the boat soon. I am busier than heck with all boating aspects for I what I do and do I mean covered up with work.

I do have a drop in engine to go into the boat just to get it out on the water for some run times, Also have a Bravo drive almost still new. I did buy a SC / Helmet to swap out the SCX helmet just in case to do so, if that route is taken ASAP.

Anyways I am in favor of it to be displayed at DS / Street Party especially if that helps out Lavey Craft as the boat really is a custom show piece.

The 29 should draw a lot of lookers and a ton of interest. I would be super glad to get as much interest and et Lavey Craft the exposure. Anyways maybe will meet some of guys at the street party.
Oh man, really sorry to hear about all that. I’ve had a few boat projects where I’ve been jerked around like that and it sucks, likely nowhere near the amount of time and money you guys have invested though.

Hope everything gets worked out because it’s a beautiful boat!

Last edited:

LazyLavey

Reaction score
I think I would absolutely blow a gasket if I had to wait so flippin long for something that flippin bitchen !!!!

Lavey 29

Reaction score
Basically for 13 months I have been out of the mix on the boat for reasons of my own. For those whom know me, I am extremely busy with a lot on the marine industry side of things.

Jones is a supplier of steering, pwr steering reservoirs, pulleys, spacers, belts, pwr steering reservoirs, alternators and so forth. And I am not giving them a them plug by no means for any of that period. Their spacers are weak, and their bolts, nuts and washers are not quality at all. Some of the stuff is nice thou. But again nothing lined up because they do not listen nor have the time nor even care about it. And on top of, they would turn it around saying it was my fault because their stuff did not line up and that I have no clue about spacers and nuts and bolts as their being quality.., We all know people like this and they ( Jones ) fall completely in that mix. I ll will never use them again period for anything. Actually I would like to send all their stuff back if I could but I can not make that choice currently.

To make matters worst, the fact was they tried to turn it around for timeframes saying the stuff was done a year ago but never a phone call nor an email nor an invoice sent period on their end, NOTHING EVEN STATING ANYTHING WAS DONE. Also all my info was forward to them many times, even when I shipped stuff to them. Even put 2 business card in the box when shipped. We had to contact them for everything. I shipped some engine front end stuff up to Jones a long time ago. Merc impeller housing / that bracket, and couple of other things. I have about 15 emails to them and half of them with no response plus a 2 month ago email about they kept the stewart alum water pump that summit racing drop shipped to them. Still no response about that one. Very poor business communication on their part - the worst I have ever seen.

Like I said I was completely out of the mix for the past 13 months.

At least the thread is back to the top showing the boat. It is like a piece of artwork.

Last edited:

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Why not take the engine to someone like Teague and let them finish the accessory drives? Summer is around the corner and you have this deal wrapped up in a month and enjoy your new boat.

Lavey 29

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Teague does a great job for a lot of things in the marine world. I already had quality spacers made to align all up for the accessories and so forth front end of engine.

Its not anything I could not handle myself but its after the fact dealing with a company who did not get any of it right to begin with for alignment, timeframes and a waste of my time totally.

My personal issue is free time to continue on with the stuff that it needs for 100 percent turn key boat on the water. I am so wrapped with up with boats and specialized boat services that its hard for me to do anything else.

Also The engine still needs headers, fuel system, oil coolers, closed cooling system, hoses, brackets, flywheel housing. We have everything else all brand new. The engine has been dynoed and has been dyno tuned only.

On top of we actually have 8 O2 sensors as we were going to go that route as well but no headers to install currently as I mentioned they are not bought yet. Actually do not want CMI period so that leaves us with a limited choice. Anyways ---- We have a brand new trailer for it ZERO tow miles. We are close but just not 100 percent turn key water ready boat. I can get their but not over nite nor soon either

Last edited:

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Teague does a great job for a lot of things in the marine world. I already had quality spacers made to align all up for the accessories and so forth front end of engine.

Its not anything I could not handle myself but its after the fact dealing with a company who did not get any of it right to begin with for alignment, timeframes and a waste of my time totally.

My personal issue is free time to continue on with the stuff that it needs for 100 percent turn key boat on the water. I am so wrapped with up with boats and specialized boat services that its hard for me to do anything else.

Also The engine still needs headers, fuel system, oil coolers, closed cooling system, hoses, brackets, flywheel housing. We have everything else all brand new. The engine has been dynoed and has been dyno tuned only.

On top of we actually have 8 O2 sensors as we were going to go that route as well but no headers to install currently as I mentioned they are not bought yet. Actually do not want CMI period so that leaves us with a limited choice. Anyways ---- We have a brand new trailer for it ZERO tow miles. We are close but just not 100 percent turn key water ready boat. I can get their but not over nite nor soon either
Any updates?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Motor never made it to the shop....

Boats killer- and we'll likely take it to the show since its never been seen in the wild.

All it needs is a mill, drive and steering wheel - and its ready to go.

UD

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Motor never made it to the shop....

Boats killer- and we'll likely take it to the show since its never been seen in the wild.

All it needs is a mill, drive and steering wheel - and its ready to go.

UD
So you guys own it now? It’s available?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
So you guys own it now? It’s available?

No- the customer owns the boat.

He's already turned down an offer on it.

If the mill delays much longer he may change his mind.

UD

Lavey 29

Reaction score
The boat is there at Laveys location. They are more than welcome to show anyone that walks in to show it off as a display of what a very nice 29 looks like in person to help them market the brand and show a real quality build . This can help sales because its hard at times to sell what you can not show off.

For anyone that knows what I do - for the past 2 years I really do not have much free time. Currently my focus has been digging deeper into specialized services in the marine industry and having my own USA made parts to offer marine dealers and retail sales. Also I am 15 ft deep in ecm repairs as well. Also I get hired from time to time to teach marine classes.

And hello Dave I have not talked to you in awhile.

The LA boatshow is coming up in about 6 weeks - the boat if it makes that show should be a real big looker for all the traffic walking around inwhich should help Lavey again to show their brand and quality.

Last edited:

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
The boat is there at Laveys location. They are more than welcome to show anyone that walks in to show it off as a display of what a very nice 29 looks like in person to help them market the brand and show a real quality build . This can help sales because its hard at times to sell what you can not show off.

For anyone that knows what I do - for the past 2 years I really do not have much free time. Currently my focus has been digging deeper into specialized services in the marine industry and having my own USA made parts to offer marine dealers and retail sales. Also I am 15 ft deep in ecm repairs as well. Also I get hired from time to time to teach marine classes.

And hello Dave I have not talked to you in awhile.

The LA boatshow is coming up in about 6 weeks - the boat if it makes that show should be a real big looker for all the traffic walking around inwhich should help Lavey again to show their brand and quality.
I’m gonna resurrect this thread from the dead.

Did this boat ever get finished? @Uncle Dave @lavey jr @Lavey 29

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I’m gonna resurrect this thread from the dead.

Did this boat ever get finished? @Uncle Dave @lavey jr @Lavey 29
Not that Im aware of - It went back East shortly after the boat show.
We never did see the engine.
There was a super fair offer given for the hull at the show that was turned down.
I think the two Mosetti brothers are arm wrestling over it.
It was an absolutely gorgeous boat that deserves to be finished.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Not that Im aware of - It went back East shortly after the boat show.
We never did see the engine.
There was a super fair offer given for the hull at the show that was turned down.
I think the two Mosetti brothers are arm wrestling over it.
It was an absolutely gorgeous boat that deserves to be finished.
Thanks Dave. Agreed, would love to see it finished. Hope you’re doing well!

Lavey 29

Reaction score
Well today the bat phone rang and the callers told me that this thread got brought back from the dead. Dave hello and man me being from New York your post makes it sound like a New York Italian Mafia crime family at war , haha . Anyways to fill in some details, the boat is inside up in the NE. I went up this past summer to see possible a move back to the NE for the spring and summers to get out of Dallas TX for those timeframes of the season.

Dallas TX is weak for any performance boating , small lakes , ugly as hell , blasting heat and drought year after year hence why I am ready to get out of dodge. As mentioned I been in the marine industry for almost 39 years now , overly covered up with marine related work. My plan was to be were the boat is in April but now it has changed to Aug 2024. Reason is I can not drop the current marine work I have being 6 months worth of it.

I have the sole means to do what ever I want with the boat if one can read between lines here. Anyways I can update this once I visit back the NE soon and rolling with that plus the move in mid AUG. Also the boat is staying in the NE permanently. I will be updating the engine build and the EFI system since personally in development of my own ecm for marine apps. That alone is a huge undertaking and actually alot harder than I ever thought it would be. So alot of my time went into that as well. Also I want to update the boat, stereo system among other things. The boat is pristine still all covered up and inside stored. I did put up some videos of the 29 on my FB page this past summer and will be on the water 2025 with it. Was nt that a song in the year 2025 or was that 2525 ???

Next is to personally THANK Dave ( UD ) and his wife and Thanks to the Lavey guys especially Chris, Chris Jr. and Ronnie for the build