WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Law Enforcement on the Reservation

stephenkatsea

Reaction score

I found this video to be extremely informative. It has no boating content. If it should not be posted in the lounge, I apologize. For those of us living near tribal reservations, I found it answered many questions and common misunderstandings.

Flatsix66

Reaction score
I have been following this guy, he has been to a number of reservations and all very interesting.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1673820513835.jpg

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Yes , very interesting , I never knew any of that . Just drove through there last summer on my way to Durango , Co.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Last year we did a trip up to extreme NE Arizona. We were on the Navajo Res. This video answered many of our questions. Beautiful area.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I've subscribed and followed Santenellos YouTube adventures.
Almost always he comes away each video hearing everyone wants the government out of their lives.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I've subscribed and followed Santenellos YouTube adventures.
Almost always he comes away each video hearing everyone wants the government out of their lives.
There was an interesting contradiction to less government in his Bloods and Crips video. It was reported, Watts flourished during the Pandemic due to substantial incoming govt $$. It was even referred to as "Joe Money". FWIW, both of my parents grew up in Watts. My Dad attended Grape St Elementary and Jordan High. All prior to WWII.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’m not 100% sure what that guy said in the video is accurate..

From what I understood it’s “same same” meaning if a native gets in a fight off the rez and makes it onto the rez than our authorities can’t do anything about it.. but if you are on the res and it’s vice versa and make it off the rez than they can’t do anything to you. That isn’t to say our police might not do something Jist that they can’t?

Weirdly native police I have always been told will always side with their own, where as ours will hand is right over to them..

@BoatCop would know better about it than anyone I suppose.

When I was young and in Parker I went with some of the locals onto the Rez for a party.. about the time the full auto weapons came out with a bunch of drunk Indians is when I decided it was time to go.. needless to say I never went to another one. Lol. And yes full auto weapons are common place on reservations.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
If you watched the video, those were the words of the elected Sheriff of that County, not opinions. I must assume those were valid for Navajo County. Is that standard under state law for all county’s? I have no idea, or reason to question, since I really don’t know.