WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LAX PARKING

Bear Down

Reaction score
Wanted to get an up to date on what is the best parking spot at LAX. Lot C is closed and short of asking for a HELOC for the Parking Spot, any others that have been used recently that are manageable? Wally Park has been subpar with Shuttle wait times, but seems like its the norm everywhere. Anyone try that curbside company? will be parking for 5 days.. Uber/Lyft not an option due to child car seat..

Thanks for any real time feedback.

sirbob

Reaction score
I fly out of terminal 4 (American) and park right across from the terminal usually. I think its about 35 a day?

Heads up - I recently go t a ticket while parked on the third level with the front end against the wall for not having a front license plate. Somebody had to look pretty hard to see that one wasn't on it. Unless they videoed me coming in and went and ticketed the car. It was a LAPD ticket - not a BS warning.

Bear Down

Reaction score
I fly out of terminal 4 (American) and park right across from the terminal usually. I think its about 35 a day?

Heads up - I recently go t a ticket while parked on the third level with the front end against the wall for not having a front license plate. Somebody had to look pretty hard to see that one wasn't on it. Unless they videoed me coming in and went and ticketed the car. It was a LAPD ticket - not a BS warning.
I think its $40.00 per day, would love that, but out of budget. Revenue generation is in full effect for LA...I work in DTLA and see the BS Tickets they give...

Thikneck

Reaction score
We just went and used QuikPark. Very close to terminals, wait time yesterday was about 3 minutes after landing. $20/day ($4 extra for valet service). They will detail your car while your gone if you want to pay a little more.

Disclaimer: we have had to wait 15 minutes in the past for the shuttle, but usually they are pretty quick.

JAA_CBA

Reaction score
If you fly Southwest, Park N Fly is the best. With AAA discount, only $18 a day. Right next to the terminal, I walk, no shuttle. Even better when you get back. Get bags, walk to car, tons easier and quicker than waiting for a shuttle and going around the loop.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Last time out with the family we used a car service, probably won’t mess with the garages and shuttles again. When you factor in time, comfort and convenience it penciled out well for a family of four with baggage for a week. We used Alliance Luxury Transportation, based in Tustin I believe.

RichieRich

Reaction score
Wally Park man...easy shuttle to and from the airport
cheap daily rates and its safe
we use it a few times a year and never had an issue

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
We've stayed at a hotel the night before flight which allows you to leave car in their lot with nominal daily fee. Hotel shuttle every 30 minutes or so to airport.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Last time out with the family we used a car service, probably won’t mess with the garages and shuttles again. When you factor in time, comfort and convenience it penciled out well for a family of four with baggage for a week. We used Alliance Luxury Transportation, based in Tustin I believe.

Super Shuttle has a great sedan car service, Lincoln or Mercedes black sedan cars. Also, I have stayed at the LAX Marriott the night before, about $120 a night, and you can leave your car there, no charge, shuttle every 15 minutes.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
Joe's is under $18.00 per day. Super convenient if you are taking Southwest. It is on Century just after the Crown Plaza/Sheridan. For pickup, they sometimes have to drop flight crews over at the Sheridan though and that takes a couple of minutes.

Edit. Overall LAX blows though.

UltraLucky

Reaction score
I usually fly out of terminal 5 or 7 and have been using the lots at the terminal 5 and 7. 5 days = $200. Not that much more than car service or staying at a hotel the night before and you have the convenience of your own car on your own schedule. Got tired of the sketchy shuttle drivers and getting the occasional odd ball driver with the car service. Just parked in P 5 half an hour ago. Parking to my first drink in 20 mins.
Aloooha.

Attachments

• 20190719_173625.jpg
    20190719_173625.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 123

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Park n fly next to terminal 2. Was something like 16 a day. Just make sure to make a reservation cause parking is usually full.

HCP3

Reaction score
Park at SNA or ONT and save yourself the trouble.

76 Hondo

76 Hondo
Reaction score
Here’s a different way to do it, rent a car, drop off at rental car return shuttle to terminal, reverse on the way home!
Flew in from east coast last winter and our ride from LAX had a conflict, I said no problem rent a car, $22.00 dropped it off next day at their office 3 miles from my house.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
If you fly Southwest, Park N Fly is the best. With AAA discount, only $18 a day. Right next to the terminal, I walk, no shuttle. Even better when you get back. Get bags, walk to car, tons easier and quicker than waiting for a shuttle and going around the loop.
Park n fly next to terminal 2. Was something like 16 a day. Just make sure to make a reservation cause parking is usually full.
Just a heads up,
Call and check if Park N FLY IS even open. They closed off at least half of it and are grading for Terminal 0. Half the parking lot is still there but I'm not sure if they still taking cars.

fmo24

Reaction score
Have friends that do this from Palm Springs. Rent car one way to get there then another to get home. Super cheap they say

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score

This is what I do also. When I drive my car, I'll park right across from the American terminal, cross the bridge then right to priority check in. It's fast and easy, i've grown to dislike the extra leg work of parking off sight and having to wait for shuttles.

But when I have to pay or don't trust that I'll get reimbursed I'll ride my Motorcycle and park for free in the same terminal. I double lock it and cover it. You can leave it there for a very long time. It's a great feeling being waved through the gate on the way out. There's no better feeling than getting off a crowded plane then on to PCH on my bike.