WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lazy Boy chair alternative?

X-rated

Reaction score
In the market for a couple of easy chairs. Have had Lazyboy in the past but am also aware there are other manufacturers that cost alot less. Looking for leather recliners. What say you?

fat rat

Member #163
Reaction score
My recommendation for motion furniture is to get a good warranty.😎

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Check your local Big Lots for something. You will be surprised as they carry name brand stuff such as Broyhill, Lane, etc.
Bought a patio set from them some 5 years ago and it is very good quality and holdingup well with everyday use.

Reactions: DLC

grumpy88

Reaction score
I bought a parkerhouse furniture brand recliner and have been very happy with it . Nice quality leather and comfy

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Costco. Online and in the store. Best return policy - it breaks (or you don’t like it) you can return it or they’ll pick it up if they delivered it

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
In the market for a couple of easy chairs. Have had Lazyboy in the past but am also aware there are other manufacturers that cost alot less. Looking for leather recliners. What say you?

Forget that the Lazy Boy or similar.

Buy a Fjords or similar.

caribbean20

Reaction score
Just remember the axiom, “The bitterness of poor quality lasts longer than the sweetness of low price.” I’ve never done any comparison shopping, there are probably good alternatives out there, can’t help with that. If you’re like me, you spend a fair amount of time in that chair. Choose wisely. Just bought this one, Lazy Boy.
75100C07-8FC4-4E48-B647-51BB5BD76F1D.jpeg

Icky

Reaction score
The footrest on my last boy couch I've had for ten years is particle board, so I'm not sure what I paid extra for other than leather

FreeBird236

Reaction score
No question Lazy Boys are not quite as good as years ago, but the frame is still hardwood and the metal mechanism hasn't changed much. Too many brands the actual side portion of the frame is particle board, and the arms are moving out in no time. Flex Steel is good, but for the most part just as expensive or more than Lazy Boy.

caldezrat

Reaction score
i bought a leather Lazy Boy recliner only to find out leather is only on the seating surfaces. The rest is fake leather. Maybe high simulated vinyl. A true 100% leather all surfaces is even more expensive. i succesfully argued with the manager that i was deceived and he ordered a true 100% leather one for me. i checked by turning the recliner upside down and looked at the trimmings. Is that your experience anyone?

buck35

Reaction score
I have an Ekornes stresses, most comfortable chair ever! Spendy, but worth it.

caldezrat

Reaction score
After my experience with Lazy Boy, I bought an Ekornes Stressless recliner. I agree. Spendy by worth it!!!

calkid

Reaction score
Been buying La-Z-Boy furniture for over 30 years, always been happy with the quality. I recently ordered two reclining chairs and a dual reclining loveseat directly from the La-Z-Boy showroom and the quality is shit. It's just the wife and I so the use is broken up between two people and four seats, all getting part time use. There is not one particular thing that is worse than another, the quality is just bad across the board. I'll be following this post to find replacement furniture for the crap I bought less than a year ago.

calkid

Reaction score
Anyone have an opinion about Arizona Leather's quality these days? They used to be cut above.
arizonaleather.com

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
i bought a leather Lazy Boy recliner only to find out leather is only on the seating surfaces. The rest is fake leather. Maybe high simulated vinyl. A true 100% leather all surfaces is even more expensive. i succesfully argued with the manager that i was deceived and he ordered a true 100% leather one for me. i checked by turning the recliner upside down and looked at the trimmings. Is that your experience anyone?

Yes.

The sales person made it clear you could buy the product either way. So we bought the couch (that's against the wall) with the fake stuff on the back and the swivel recliners with full leather.

They are all over 20 years old and still look great.

Was nice to have a choice on the costs.

👍

2Driver

Reaction score
Anyone have an opinion about Arizona Leather's quality these days? They used to be cut above.
arizonaleather.com

HORRIBLE

We bought an expensive recliner swivel there and the support after the purchase was beyond horrible.

The chair was a dark reddish brown. Within 2 months the dye started to come off and I mean on everything, a white t shirt would have a red hue from sitting in the chair. The owner refused to honor the warranty and HERE'S THE KICKER....he said I was taking medicine that was leaching through my skin and damaging the chair...I shit you not, he said that with a straight face and refused to do anything except say, case closed.

Fuck that place

timstoy

Reaction score
HORRIBLE

We bought an expensive recliner swivel there and the support after the purchase was beyond horrible.

The chair was a dark reddish brown. Within 2 months the dye started to come off and I mean on everything, a white t shirt would have a red hue from sitting in the chair. The owner refused to honor the warranty and HERE'S THE KICKER....he said I was taking medicine that was leaching through my skin and damaging the chair...I shit you not, he said that with a straight face and refused to do anything except say, case closed.

Fuck that place
Customer service seems to be a thing of the past!