WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Leading Off-Road Maker Polaris's Risky Bet On Electric

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Pretty cool info on the history of the company and electrification. They do show a shot of a Rhino calling it a Polaris tho...

2Driver

Reaction score
Within weeks of Bidens election almost every company now is pandering carbon neutral dates and that they are going electric for fear they will be cancelled by the administration's thugs.

LOL It doesn't matter if they actually will be, just that they make the claim.

Meaney77

Reaction score
So you will need a diesel or gas powered generator running for long periods of time to charge the SxS. So yo can go out and tear up the trails in an effort to leave less of a carbon foot print? Seems to make perfect sense to me....

Sounds like it will take off as well as it did for these guys.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Crazy stats on how well the industry did during the pandemic. Side by sides would have a hard enough time with EV drive train. Even the Polaris CEO said their EV Ranger was bad. Sleds in the snow and cold conditions even more so.

Taboma

Reaction score
Crazy stats on how well the industry did during the pandemic. Side by sides would have a hard enough time with EV drive train. Even the Polaris CEO said their EV Ranger was bad. Sleds in the snow and cold conditions even more so.

I saw a Full Size EV Polaris Ranger, used in a huge nursery, over 10 years ago. How does the pandemic affect it's driveline and or ability to charge ?
Sorry, I'm just trying to understand your comment.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
I saw a Full Size EV Polaris Ranger, used in a huge nursery, over 10 years ago. How does the pandemic affect it's driveline and or ability to charge ?
Sorry, I'm just trying to understand your comment.

If you watched the video they gave a bunch of stats on how crazy the demand was for their products during the pandemic... Not their EV products but their traditional products.

Polaris has partnered with Zero motorcycles for their expertise in EZ power trains. Polaris plans to offer an EV option across their entire product line by 2025. Not sure how that will work for snowmobiles.

Taboma

Reaction score
If you watched the video they gave a bunch of stats on how crazy the demand was for their products during the pandemic... Not their EV products but their traditional products.

Polaris has partnered with Zero motorcycles for their expertise in EZ power trains. Polaris plans to offer an EV option across their entire product line by 2025. Not sure how that will work for snowmobiles.

Not interested in EV products, started the video, realized it was about EV, done. I can see where some of their more farm or commercially oriented lineup might move some EV units, but I can't see the recreational users lining up, think it would suck for snowmobiles.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
So will there be charging stations on Gecko Road and it the washes?
If you think it’s bad now with generators running all night in Glamis wait until people need to run 9K generators to charge their vehicle batteries overnight in 20 years. Hopefully the next administration uses some common sense and pulls the plug on mandatory EV’s by 2035 and lets the marketplace decide what the public wants and not big government

Last edited: