WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lease return question

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I have my wife's car lease coming up soon. Inspection is scheduled Tuesday.

Part of that is to have all the maintenance documents available.

... Here it comes...

I went to look for the folder with all the vehicle stuff in it and couldn't find it. Looks like it got tossed last month in "the purge". I kept all the actual lease documents in the safe so I've got those.

All maintenance was done through the dealership. I went online and it doesn't appear they entered the service records over the last three years. I'm hoping their on site records will suffice when I turn the car in next month.

I can prove we went in for maintenance based on appointment confirmation emails and such, but not what was done.

Anyone want to hazard a guess what I'm up against here?

gqchris

Reaction score
Honestly I have never had that come up on a lease return? Is it an exotic or?

They can tell if the service light is on. What more would they want? They will inspect the brakes and tires etc.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Never had an issues maintenance documents. Only looking at mileage and pay the return fee, usually waved when buying/leasing another car.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Honestly I have never had that come up on a lease return? Is it an exotic or?

They can tell if the service light is on. What more would they want? They will inspect the brakes and tires etc.

I guess, if Honda is exotic. :D

I'll just play dumb and go from there, my usual tactic.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I have my wife's car lease coming up soon. Inspection is scheduled Tuesday.

Part of that is to have all the maintenance documents available.

... Here it comes...

I went to look for the folder with all the vehicle stuff in it and couldn't find it. Looks like it got tossed last month in "the purge". I kept all the actual lease documents in the safe so I've got those.

All maintenance was done through the dealership. I went online and it doesn't appear they entered the service records over the last three years. I'm hoping their on site records will suffice when I turn the car in next month.

I can prove we went in for maintenance based on appointment confirmation emails and such, but not what was done.

Anyone want to hazard a guess what I'm up against here?

When I worked at BMW, people would return lease vehicles with zero service work done. Bald tires as well. Drove em for 3 years and dropped em off. They went straight to the auction. The engine was basically shot. We figured this out AFTER they were turned back in.

Sales normally doesn't give a shit about service. They already made their money on the lease I guess. *shrug*

Flynryan

Reaction score
I did the oil changes myself then turned in the lease and was never questioned about maintenance.

wallnutz

Reaction score
I guess, if Honda is exotic. :D

I'll just play dumb and go from there, my usual tactic.
Do what your best at...😂😂😂😂
seriously never heard of anybody having issues with records. A friend of mine daughter leased a Camery paid for through her company, but she had to sign for it. Never had oil changed or any basic maintenance, she did put tires on it, turned it in with no issues. I wanted her to keep it to see how far it would go on original oil.

Last edited:

cofooter

Reaction score
The oil change/maintenance place you went to will have records, if they are hard asses and you said you did it yourself they may still ask for receipts for material.

cofooter

Reaction score
Do what your best at...😂😂😂😂
seriously never heard of anybody having issues with records. A friend of mine daughter leased a Camery paid for through her company, but she had to sign for it. Never had oil changed or any basic maintenance, she did put tires on it, turned it in with no issues. I wanted her to keep it to see how far it would go on original oil.
Some people............ thats why I would never buy a previously leased vehicle, some people don't care and treat them like shit knowing its going to be someone elses problem in 3 yrs..

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I would like to return the new lease I just got in February. 50 seat controls and I cannot get comfortable in the effing thing.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I leased my Colorado I wasnt really thinking should have bought it I’m over 25 k on miles but I have opportunity to buy it or trade it in It’s a great little truck
D32CEBA0-23F9-4905-8D8F-4E7B82949D23.jpeg

Cuse Alum

Reaction score
My company actually does the lease return inspections! :) If it’s AutoVIN that’s us... you won’t have any issues if you don’t have all the service records. As long as the car doesn’t throw any errors and isn’t over mileage you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wallnutz

Reaction score
Some people............ thats why I would never buy a previously leased vehicle, some people don't care and treat them like shit knowing its going to be someone elses problem in 3 yrs..
I agree! Even if it was a lease have a little pride in what you have.
If you met this girl and her parents you would wonder what went wrong. I am going to go with indoctrination at college.

Javajoe

Reaction score
When I had my dodge truck years ago and went thru Lemon Law, I misplaced my service records. I asked the service manager to print my records for me. He printed the huge stack then I mailed them to my Attorney 😂. Boy, that whole Lemon Law deal was easy peasy.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
My company actually does the lease return inspections! :) If it’s AutoVIN that’s us... you won’t have any issues if you don’t have all the service records. As long as the car doesn’t throw any errors and isn’t over mileage you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a different company, S&G or something like that.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, kinda of what I was thinking...