WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Leg vs Prop. (Hell ya, it's graphic)

floatn turd

Reaction score
I think it'll "buff out".

Screenshot_20220803-162221_Instagram.jpg

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Couple of butterfly bandages and he will be back in the water tomorrow……

schiadastan

Reaction score
I looked at this and it brought back pictures that are in my head that will never leave . I tell you a story that happened on day at the lake . My back ground is building boats I have been rigging schiadas for over 43 years, I’m also a certified search and rescue diver and trained in first aid and Trauma. Well we were sitting on are dock back in a co e when a boat came in on plane, on of the guys on the dock yelled at him to slow down. When I looked over there was a guy laying on the engine box. I could tell that he was missing a foot. At that time I told peaple to stay out and call the rangers and emts. My wife looked at me and said your the only one that can deal with it. I grabbed all the towels and ran over to there boat that they ran up on the beach . They were too Brothers that got into a fight one jumped into the boat started it to drive away . Not thinking 🤔 he put it into reverse and backed over his brother. When I got into the boat the drive was so freaked out he was going into shock. I looked at the guy on the engine hatch he was missing his foot and had prop marks up his calf the other leg had half a foot hanging on by skin and had prop marks up his calf. The weird thing you would think blood would be every were there was very little. So I put his foot back in place and rapid it in a towel tight. Then I pressured raped hi legs and elevated them al the time talking and asking him questions. I Kepler him calm the whole time. I had peaple go back and look for his other foot, no luck. I also had one of my buddys put a cold towel on the drive and got him up and walking so he would not go into full shock. By that time the rangers came by boat and radioed for a air vac. 45 minutes already went by by the time he got air lifted out. The good thing that came out of this is that I got to meet mark a year later. He lost both legs at the knees. He has a wife and 3 kids and he was learning how to ride a sit wave runner .

nameisbond

Reaction score
Saw a girl get nailed by the prop climbing up a swim ladder. I was about 8 or 9. My uncle administered first aid.

Hightyme

Reaction score
Dad saw this and remembered a girl that decided to swim across the river from Sundance after probably quite a few drinks years ago and she was hit by a boat he said probably the last time he ever went to party at Sundance

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Saw a girl get nailed by the prop climbing up a swim ladder. I was about 8 or 9. My uncle administered first aid.

I thought you were going to say last rites...

My father was smart enough to own jet boats when we were kids. Now we have prop boats but we are very careful now. My father has cut his leg a few times on the prop (cleaver) getting back into the boat, makes me wish we kept a jet boat.

Water Romper

Reaction score
Was the leg "saved" or did it need to be amputated?
As an outboard guy, I can't be careful enough, Props can cut even when not running, as in post #12- even climbing on the swim ladder, motor OFF, one slip and you're looking at stitches.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Holy $#&@!

I think that's a win for the leg. It's still attached.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
That reminds me I'm going to separate a prime rib roast for smoking and sous vide this weekend.

Warlock1

Reaction score
I had to "butterfly" a shin back together as best I could in Florida. The guy almost lost his leg but I believe now he has fully recovered.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Seen a prop strike first hand but much worse. Scary shit.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Several years ago we were at Lake Powell and my buddy and his wife took off in his boat to a nearby cove to bathe in the lake. When he jumped in the water his upper thigh hit the prop leaving a pretty big gash. He jumped back in the boat a d was bleeding pretty bad. His wife wrapped a torn shirt oround his leg and booked back to home base. We only had basic first aid supplies but another family member had some superglue on hand. Cleaned him up good and glued the wound shut. No more water sports for him the week but we saved the long trip back to the marina. Let's just say he did a lot of drinking that week. 😛

Just Ducky

Reaction score
Was at naci when I was a kid and this chick in the campground next to us sliced the shit out of her leg trying to use the outboard motor as a step. She was drunk as a skunk and we told her buddies they needed to get her some stitches. After seeing that I made sure to always stay far away from props.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
I kicked brother in laws prop when the boat was off trying to free it from a rope that was wrapped around it. Straight to the bone between my toes like it was nothing! luckily it was between my toes so no need for stitches even though it was really deep.