WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Legalized Marijuana

HBCraig

Reaction score
I dont smoke but I want your take on this. I was out xmas shopping with my son and daughter who are teenagers. I couple of folks were smoking in front of retails shops that are fairly busy. Is it legal to smoke in a public area? Just curious.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I dont smoke but I want your take on this. I was out xmas shopping with my son and daughter who are teenagers. I couple of folks were smoking in front of retails shops that are fairly busy. Is it legal to smoke in a public area? Just curious.
No, pretty much like alcohol. Pretty sure they have private places you can do it like a bar and you can do it at home. Some people think you can just do it anywhere now that it's legal.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I do smell it out and about occassionally but its supposed to be relegated to your property. In CO they have started to open bars that allow it but that hasn't come to CA yet.

Tank

Reaction score
illegal to smoke in public, smoke where smoking is banned (bars), smoke in a veh as passenger or driver (even if veh is parked), illegal to smoke or posses if you're under 21 yrs, illegal to transport in a non-sealed container (meaning you can drive to the store, buy and drive it home. Can't open it prior to during transportation.

Constant840

Reaction score
NEW YORK (AP) — One of the world's biggest tobacco companies is diving into the cannabis market with a $1.8 billion buy-in.

Marlboro maker Altria Group Inc. is taking a 45 percent stake in Cronos Group, the Canadian medical and recreational marijuana provider said Friday.

The agreement includes a warrant to acquire additional shares over the next four years that could give the Altria, which is based in Richmond, Virginia, a 55 percent ownership stake in the Toronto company.

That would mean Altria's investment would be in the same league as the $4 billion spent earlier this year by Constellation Brands to acquire shares of Canopy Growth Corp., another Canadian pot producer.

The August investment by Constellation, which makes Corona and other beverages, was the largest to date by a major U.S. corporation in the cannabis market.

Whatever hesitation larger corporations in the U.S. had about entering the cannabis market appears to be fading if there is a financial justification.

Altria's huge investment lit up shares of cannabis companies that have begun to set up shop in Canada, where recreational use was legalized this year.

U.S. traded shares of of Cronos Group Inc. jumped 22 percent Friday.

Rapid growth in the cannabis market is expected to continue as legalization expands in the U.S. and social norms change. On Tuesday, ultra-conservative Utah became the latest state to legalize marijuana use for medical purposes.

Consumers are expected to spend $57 billion per year worldwide on legal cannabis by 2027, according to Arcview Market Research, a cannabis-focused investment firm. In North America, that spending is expected to grow from $9.2 billion in 2017 to $47.3 billion in 2027.

RodnJen

Reaction score
It’s amazing how much you smell it when you are out and about. Had to explain it to my 14 year old. She said it smelled like skunk, I laughed.

But seriously, the guy was in the parking lot of the middle school. I didn’t see him light up but his car pungent.

DLC

Reaction score
The problem I see is they don’t have an impaired level established or for that matter even have a test for it.

They do have a test to to see if it’s in your system.....

BONER

Reaction score
Smoking out in Public is kinda like Speeding. Not really supposed to do it, but alot of people do and the consequences for getting caught are incredibly small.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Good grief......Nothin' wrong with burnin' a little weed. Get back in the bushes or learn to stay downwind:p

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
buncha cheeba monkeys up in this bitch.....

bluebleeder

Reaction score
I’m sure there are a large percentage of inmates reading this post that have had an alcoholic beverage where they were not supposed to eg. a roadie (either while driving or as a passenger), pregaming in a parking lot etc. I for one think taking a toke where you are not supposed to is less of an offense. Change my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
The pot Nazi has spoken. You stoners stay the fuck home. [emoji849]

I personally don't give a shit if people smoke pot, speed or heroine. Just don't do it if you are gonna drive, fly a plane etc. And don't do it where I have to smell that shit. Easy.

People just need to respect others and that's all I think most people expect right? If a bar or some place allows people to do it, I would just take my business elsewhere. I'm all for people's freedoms. Do what you want (some caveats) as long as it doesn't affect others in a negative way.

Last edited:

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Smoking out in Public is kinda like Speeding. Not really supposed to do it, but alot of people do and the consequences for getting caught are incredibly small.
Make it a $1000 fine with the agency that catches you getting half, I bet it would stop real fast....

Honestly, the people that smoke( anything) with no concern for others can eat dick.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Listen to you old fucks.:D:D I'm sure no one on here smoked it before they 21 when weed was ILLEGAL!:rolleyes::D
Ive never smoked Weed. A couple of cigs and a few cigars but thats it. And none of them were before I was 21 either......
I’m sure there are a large percentage of inmates reading this post that have had an alcoholic beverage where they were not supposed to eg. a roadie (either while driving or as a passenger), pregaming in a parking lot etc. I for one think taking a toke where you are not supposed to is less of an offense. Change my mind.

Alcohol is a liquid. It goea where its poured. Smoke goes elsewhere almost without control. So there is no "2nd hand alcohol consumption" but there is 2nd hand smoke inhalation. Some people have very sensitive lungs and the snoke that wasn't supposed to be there can set off all kinds of allergic reactions. Like my wife who has severe allergies and when they flare up an allergen pr even a general irritant can send her into anaflactic shock.

So yeah....... Common sense says the consumption of each is nowjere near the same.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I personally don't give a shit if people smoke pot, speed or heroine. Just don't do it if you are gonna drive, fly a plane etc. And don't do it where I have to smell that shit. Easy.

People just need to respect others and that's all I think most people expect right? If a bar or some place allows people to do it, I would just take my business elsewhere. I'm all for people's freedoms. Do what you want (some caveats) as long as it doesn't affect others in a negative way.

Totally get the second hand smoke part. My comment was referring to the “ stay at home” if you’re stoned part. Who’s business is it to tell people that??

Most people are vaping pot at this point. It’s pretty much odorless. I could give a fuck if the guy in a bar next to me is vaping pot. It’s not my business or problem.

bluebleeder

Reaction score
Ive never smoked Weed. A couple of cigs and a few cigars but thats it. And none of them were before I was 21 either......Alcohol is a liquid. It goea where its poured. Smoke goes elsewhere almost without control. So there is no "2nd hand alcohol consumption" but there is 2nd hand smoke inhalation. Some people have very sensitive lungs and the snoke that wasn't supposed to be there can set off all kinds of allergic reactions. Like my wife who has severe allergies and when they flare up an allergen pr even a general irritant can send her into anaflactic shock.

So yeah....... Common sense says the consumption of each is nowjere near the same.

Point taken about the second hand smoke and understand you and your wife’s concern. Out of curiosity how does your wife avoid cigarette smoke which is legal in approved smoking areas? What about vapor that is certainly not an irritant? Lets level the playing field, what if someone is smoking a pot vape pen in public or eating an edible and someone else is drinking a beer. What’s worse?

Edit: not trying to start an argument just honestly curious of the temperature of tolerance to weed.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Point taken about the second hand smoke and understand you and your wife’s concern. Out of curiosity how does your wife avoid cigarette smoke which is legal in approved smoking areas? What about vapor that is certainly not an irritant? Lets level the playing field, what if someone is smoking a pot vape pen in public or eating an edible and someone else is drinking a beer. What’s worse?

Edit: not trying to start an argument just honestly curious of the temperature of tolerance to weed.

If the meathod of consumption is such that it does not impose nor irritate another person's senses and what not (people get irritated at any and everything these days so in the case to be clear, I'm referring to actual physical,irritation of organs and such), i have zero issue with someone consuming it.

As far as 2nd habd cigarette smoke, we really dont encounter it much at all when out and about, and in all honesty, 2nd hand smoke of any kind really isnt experienced much. Im just using it as an example of why they are very different in general.

JBS

Reaction score
The pot Nazi has spoken. You stoners stay the fuck home. [emoji849]

Pull your pants up Cheech [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Pull your pants up Cheech [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lol. You know I don’t smoke it anymore than you do. I’ve definitely learned to be tolerant of it though. [emoji51]

Give me a vodka and something and I’m just fine.

Reactions: JBS

Your ad here

Reaction score
I could care less what others do as well. But when kids are walking in and out of retail shops they should be puffing away 25 feet from the front door.
Maybe you should have mentioned that to them.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I used to smoke pot allot....life everyday, but haven't touched it for over a year. Just got to the point where enough was enough with my kids getting older and I just didn't want to anymore and my wife preferred I stop, so I did. Feel so much better and glad I did.

Now as for other people I really don't care. None of my business and I do smell it out and about from time to time.

And to the people who say smokers can eat shit or stay at home until your sober....sorry guys your lame and out of touch with reality.

The reality is weed will be legal nation wide eventually so just come to terms with it. If you cant you should evaluate if you are appropriately placed where you live in society.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I used to smoke pot allot....life everyday, but haven't touched it for over a year. Just got to the point where enough was enough with my kids getting older and I just didn't want to anymore and my wife preferred I stop, so I did. Feel so much better and glad I did.

Now as for other people I really don't care. None of my business and I do smell it out and about from time to time.

And to the people who say smokers can eat shit or stay at home until your sober....sorry guys your lame and out of touch with reality.

The reality is weed will be legal nation wide eventually so just come to terms with it. If you cant you should evaluate if you are appropriately placed where you live in society.
It will be a long time before it's legal, way too many probs with it. You can start with driving while high ( no level is sober, and no studies on it either) and then there is employment.

There are way too many issues for it too become legal. Even if politically it was popular for it too become legal, the issues will tie it up in court for at least 10 years...if not 20.

Last edited:

bluebleeder

Reaction score
While I am impressed with the amount of times you used too, two, to correctly (3 out of 4), you mentioned "way too many pro s with it" . Your position is quite confusing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
For all you guys saying you've never smoked weed....I'm sorry to hear that but it explains a lot.;)

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Totally get the second hand smoke part. My comment was referring to the “ stay at home” if you’re stoned part. Who’s business is it to tell people that??

Most people are vaping pot at this point. It’s pretty much odorless. I could give a fuck if the guy in a bar next to me is vaping pot. It’s not my business or problem.

Ya like out behind the barn lol

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
For all you guys saying you've never smoked weed....I'm sorry to hear that but it explains a lot.;)
You mean it explains why we arent freeloading couch princesses like you?

Yellowboat

Reaction score

That one is very easy, is it legal too be intoxicated where you are? If so, then yes, vape all you want. If not, same as drinking/ rx/ drugs. The issue is, at what point are you intoxicated. We have a standard for booze, we don't for other things. So the officer that approach you have to determine if they believe you are/ are not. If they think you are, it's chrome brackets and a blood test. Hey come up with some test like a breathalyzer, do some legitimate study on intoxication levels, then I will be ok with weed treated like a combo of booze/ cigs. Until, that point, nope.

Maybe I am bias, at 13 I spent 6 months in a wheel chair because of a drunk AND high driver.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Personally don't really care what folks do in their lives and don't wish to be judged ...as long as it doesn't adversely affect Me or mine do what you want , fuk with me or family different , Cigarette smoke , pot smoke , whatever not allowed in my house or shop , if some one wants to go out side ... have at it ...

GRADS

Reaction score
Personally don't really care what folks do in their lives and don't wish to be judged ...as long as it doesn't adversely affect Me or mine do what you want , fuk with me or family different , Cigarette smoke , pot smoke , whatever not allowed in my house or shop , if some one wants to go out side ... have at it ...
I agree, I don't allow it my house either..........unless they're sharing.:D

69 1/2

Reaction score
Listen to you old fucks.:D:D I'm sure no one on here smoked it before they 21 when weed was ILLEGAL!:rolleyes::D
Well they sure as hell will do it a LOT more if it is legal! The world REALLY needs that!

Croz

Reaction score
I’m 28, grew up in the generation where weed is the norm, from hanging with different groups (drinkers and smokers) I’ll tell you this...(ages ranging from 17-24)

Stoned: you ain’t fuckin’ and you ain’t fightin’

Drunk: you wanna fuck and/or fight

To me weed is way less harmful to society than alcohol(currently drinking a stiff vodka), boohoo if you smell it, cigs smell too.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I’m 28, grew up in the generation where weed is the norm, from hanging with different groups (drinkers and smokers) I’ll tell you this...(ages ranging from 17-24)

Stoned: you ain’t fuckin’ and you ain’t fightin’

Drunk: you wanna fuck and/or fight

To me weed is way less harmful to society than alcohol(currently drinking a stiff vodka), boohoo if you smell it, cigs smell too.
So my mom lives on 1/2 of a lung., ( long story short, got Legionnaires disease while working for the state, turned into sarcoidois )cig smoke near her means a nebulizer treatment. Same with diesel exhaust for that matter.

It's not just the smell for some people, it can be life threating.

Croz

Reaction score
So my mom lives on 1/2 of a lung., ( long story short, got Legionnaires disease while working for the state, turned into sarcoidois )cig smoke near her means a nebulizer treatment. Same with diesel exhaust for that matter.

I totally believe second hand smoke is life threatening, in a close environment from cigarettes. My boohoo wasn’t directed toward you, not looking to argue either. Just sharing my .02 from one of those damn snowflake millennial perspective ;)

Edit: marijuana is actually proven to dialate the lungs, smoked or eaten, in her case eating it could possibly help matters.

GRADS

Reaction score
You know what else smells...China Buffet farts.

bluebleeder

Reaction score

Sorry to hear about your mom. Don’t you own a diesel truck?

Pot meet kettle. Pun intended.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score

I can stand next to you and drink a beer. Doesn't matter which way the wind is blowing, you will not injest the beer. Common sense is not so common. If anybody absolutely just has to smoke anything, stay the fuck away from people who aren't smoking.

gqchris

Reaction score
I think it is just an automatic response to the smell that we grew up and alerted on immediately before it was legal. It was always like “ holy crap, someones blazing!” Or like “damn they have balls to be out in the open”.

But reality is that it is legal and if I had kids, I would discuss it asap, just like alcohol. Just advise them its for adults and youre not old enough.

I do enjoy the smell. Never was a heavy smoker. But kinda brings back memories.