WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Legend Performance Marine - New Dealer in WA! Also a Nordic Dealer!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
image2.jpeg

Legend Performance Marine is a new dealership in eastern Washington, just outside of Spokane, in a small town called Liberty Lake.

The new owner, Chad Bixby, has always loved the high-performance boating industry. When it comes to Lake Havasu, Lake Mead, and Lake Powell, Chad is no stranger having visited them during the summers growing up. Who doesn’t fall in love with that lifestyle? For as long as he can recall, Chad has wanted to be a part of the boating world. He knew what he wanted to do and set out to learn as much as he could.

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

Chad graduated from two trade schools and landed his first job shortly after that. Having mentors through the years allowed Chad to learn and gain confidence in his craft. Chad is dual (inboard and outboard) Mercury certified. He can work on all parts of a boat, but his favorite is to build engines and rebuild outdrives.

image0.jpeg

Chad worked in Southern California for 16 years and moved to Eastern Washington 10 years ago. Chad dreamed of opening a high-performance shop and dealership for years. In late 2018, he had an opportunity he could not pass. Chad created a business plan, one of which was to be a Mercury dealership.

image1.jpeg

To become a Mercury Authorized service center, the criteria states you must be a boat dealership. Chad made a phone call to Thane Tiemer of Nordic/Hallett Boats and took a flight down to the Lake Havasu factory in December 2018, where he finalized the deal. His first purchase included six boats, four Nordic, and two Hallett’s. It was a perfect fit, having grown up in Hallett boats for the majority of his life.

image3.jpeg

Legend Performance Marine opened its doors to customers in April 2019 and moved into its new facility in July 2019. Chad and Craig Godtfring, general manager, work to provide excellent customer service to all boating enthusiasts. It is Legend Performance Marine’s goal to instill a passion for performance boating to the area, as well as be the premier high-performance shop in the Pacific Northwest. Legend Performance Marine offers Nordic and Hallett boats for sale, Service and repair of all boat brands, and inside storage. Legend’s expected completion date for the on-site storage facility is spring 2020.

image6.jpeg

Craig Godtfring, having worked in the boating industry since 1976, is also Mercury certified. His experience includes having worked at numerous boat dealerships along the West Coast. Craig adds a wealth of knowledge to the team of Legend Performance Marine.

If you’re ever in the neighborhood, we invite you to stop in and say hello!! Or if you need service in the area or are interested in taking a look at a New Nordic or New Nordic build give them a call!

24250 E. Knox Ln, Suite 101
Liberty Lake, WA 99019

Office: 509-315-5631
Shop Cell: 509-499-2110

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
this Is great news.

It's actually a pretty bid deal when you think about it. Nordic doesn't have any external dealers to my knowledge other than this one. I know they have a guy up in Canada that will buy boats and resell them, but I'm not sure if he's technically a dealer or not?

It also brings a performance service center and resale center to the area which is pretty huge for guys up there.

RD

Legend Performance Marine

Reaction score
It's actually a pretty bid deal when you think about it. Nordic doesn't have any external dealers to my knowledge other than this one. I know they have a guy up in Canada that will buy boats and resell them, but I'm not sure if he's technically a dealer or not?

It also brings a performance service center and resale center to the area which is pretty huge for guys up there.

RD

Thanks RD!

sirbob

Reaction score
A friend and I were just talking this past weekend about buying property up there. My brother used to have a cabin at Priest Lake and lived in Deer Park just north of Spokane. We also were talking about Sandpoint and some other areas to boat up there - the OBV is Coeur D'alene but we were thinking of something lake front a little more rural.

Nice to know there would be a qualified shop for repairs not to far away - Good luck in the new gig!

TCHB

Reaction score
Seems like a odd place for performance boats because of the weather being so cold for so long.

25Elmn8r

Reaction score
Seems like a odd place for performance boats because of the weather being so cold for so long.

I've seen DCB's, Eliminators, Nordics, Halletts, Sonics etc. They're definitely here, not to the volume of down south but the need for a good performance shop is here.

I don't have a performance boat anymore, but can tell you that from Memorial to Labor Day we are out on the lake on average 3 days a week. Being 5 minutes from the launch ramp and sunset around 9PM in the peak of summer, we get a lot of boating time in.

Reaction score
A friend and I were just talking this past weekend about buying property up there. My brother used to have a cabin at Priest Lake and lived in Deer Park just north of Spokane. We also were talking about Sandpoint and some other areas to boat up there - the OBV is Coeur D'alene but we were thinking of something lake front a little more rural.

Nice to know there would be a qualified shop for repairs not to far away - Good luck in the new gig!

We may be biased, but it’s definitely one of the prettiest areas to go boating. Priest Lake is definitely one of our favs. Be sure to check out Lake Pend Orielle. Another great area to purchase property & boat. If you make it up to our neck of the woods, come by and say hi!

Reaction score

Definitely not as hot as down south, but we were out boating May-September this year! we have customers on the water that long too. You should make a trip & check it out.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Spoke with chad for awhile when I was looking for a Hallett. We were considering the 255 he had in stock if we didn’t purchase the one we bought. Seems like a very laid back guy and knowledgeable about boats. I think his parents live in Havasu.

Reaction score
Spoke with chad for awhile when I was looking for a Hallett. We were considering the 255 he had in stock if we didn’t purchase the one we bought. Seems like a very laid back guy and knowledgeable about boats. I think his parents live in Havasu.

Hope you love your new boat!

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I've been to Long Lake at least once a year for the last 4 - 5 years. See a few performance boats every year. So there is a market in the area for sure. Long Lake is a pretty cool place with lots of badass houses and cool real estate! There is some $ on that lake..

We have a trip scheduled for this summer to Priest Lake.. should be a good time..

Definitely going to come check out your shop next time we are up there..

Reaction score
A few friends and customers base out of Long. You will love Priest Lake! The islands have decent beaches to hang out at. Make sure you plan a trip up the thoroughfare. It’s spectacular. It’s all no wake zone, so bring plenty of drinks and plan for a relaxing ride. Hope to see you this summer!

Patyacht

Reaction score
Tony, spend some bucks and go boat Eastern WA and Idaho. So beautiful and the water is crystal clear. I used to boat that area with my Advantage and DCB. There are more performance boats in the area than one could imagine. Lake Roosevelt in WA is 150 miles long and the Idaho lakes (Priest, Lake Pend Oreille, and Lake Coeur d'Alene are some of the prettiest I've boated. There used to be a huge performance boat regatta on Lake Coeur d'Alene until last year. Only 2 drawbacks were the weather, (boating season too short) and Idaho has a 50 mph speed limit on all their lakes. (Disregarded most of the time).

buck35

Reaction score
Tony, spend some bucks and go boat Eastern WA and Idaho. So beautiful and the water is crystal clear. I used to boat that area with my Advantage and DCB. There are more performance boats in the area than one could imagine. Lake Roosevelt in WA is 150 miles long and the Idaho lakes (Priest, Lake Pend Oreille, and Lake Coeur d'Alene are some of the prettiest I've boated. There used to be a huge performance boat regatta on Lake Coeur d'Alene until last year. Only 2 drawbacks were the weather, (boating season too short) and Idaho has a 50 mph speed limit on all their lakes. (Disregarded most of the time).

Shhhh!

TCHB

Reaction score
No

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

after I get a motorhome I intend to do just that!

getoffmylawn

Reaction score
When things get back to normal, I will stop in. One of my buds lives in Liberty Lake and was needing a new place to take his boat for services. The place he had been using, closed up. I remembered seeing this thread on here, and searched it. I told him to go see you and tell him that one of RiverDaves inmates sent him 😂
We live in Priest River, on the Pend Oreille River. I will be sure to pass the word of your shop.

Reaction score
When things get back to normal, I will stop in. One of my buds lives in Liberty Lake and was needing a new place to take his boat for services. The place he had been using, closed up. I remembered seeing this thread on here, and searched it. I told him to go see you and tell him that one of RiverDaves inmates sent him 😂
We live in Priest River, on the Pend Oreille River. I will be sure to pass the word of your shop.
Thanks for the referral! We appreciate it.
we know your area well. Definitely a beautiful place to call home. We have several customers up in your neck of the woods. Hope you have been enjoying the beautiful weather this weekend!

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Am up in the area for a couple days. With all the Covid shit going on, their website says appointments only, but I wanted to check it out. VERY nice facility, in a great location! Super clean, looked to have a couple boats on the showroom floor. There was a gentleman dropping off a really nice Ultra out back when I spun around. Next time I’m back hopefully I can go inside and say hello!
IMG_2129.jpg

Reaction score
Am up in the area for a couple days. With all the Covid shit going on, their website says appointments only, but I wanted to check it out. VERY nice facility, in a great location! Super clean, looked to have a couple boats on the showroom floor. There was a gentleman dropping off a really nice Ultra out back when I spun around. Next time I’m back hopefully I can go inside and say hello! View attachment 877235
Hi! We are glad you drove by. If you are still in the area, just give us a call before you come inside. We would be happy to have you come in, say hello and see the facility. We are currently just monitoring the numbers inside the facility at one time, due to the virus. Thanks for sharing such positive thoughts!
Happy Boating 🚤🚤

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Are you guys still doing an open house? If I remember right you guys were going to do one and then all the virus stuff happened. I’d still like to come up and check it out

Reaction score
Are you guys still doing an open house? If I remember right you guys were going to do one and then all the virus stuff happened. I’d still like to come up and check it out

Unfortunately, we can not host the Open House we were planning on this month due to the Governor's restrictions for WA State. We are hopeful to do the larger event we planned this fall, once we are through summer and our busy season. We would be happy to meet with any of you and show you around the facility. Just give us a call and let us know. We would love to meet with you. Thanks for checking in RD! Let us know if you want to come up, we will show you a good time. Hope you are out on the water and finding a bit of escape from life right now. Happy Boating!

Last edited:

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
This is a great story - a man with a plan who's driven to reach his goals of being in the performance boating industry.

It's a beautiful area with long summer days and your investment in your facility and offerings will make your business the go-to place for service and sales.

I wish you great success! Love to see people build and grow businesses especially those driven by passion