WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Legendary ED Pinks shop to be demolished

timstoy

Reaction score
Ed Pink is a legend in NHRA, NASCAR, Indy cars as a engine builder and parts manufacturer. Ed has a fantastic memory for a man in his ninetys. I truly hope he has a right hand man to pass down some of his knowledge.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Met Ed Pink before I was a teenager when Ed first moved to Southern California (late 1950s), Ed bought an automotive repair business from a family friend about one block east of Venice Blvd. and La Brea. My dad and I stopped by often, enjoyed watching Ed build his first AA fuel dragster, "Pink's Draggin Wagon". A few years later Vic Edelbrock Sr. had a bowling team in a men's league at Rodeo Bowl. The five-man squad was Vic Edelbrock Sr., Ed Pink, Don Towle, Bobby Meeks and me (age 13). I guess it's okay to spill this now, but none of those guys were very good bowlers but they were good at drinking beer. I think I was the only team member who took the competition seriously. A fun bunch.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… friend of mine, Jeff Courtie AA/FC…was a machinist for him…dont know how long he was there???…but at somepoint he got a better offer from Compact video in Burbank…in the motion picture and telavision biz… in the end he was an ADR and Foley guy(correcting dialogue and sounds)…

Cobalt232

Reaction score
I got to meet Ed last night at the Turkey Grand Prix sprint car races at the Ventura Speedway. A real legend.

TimeBandit

Reaction score
There was a Purevision hot rod shop engine done there for a Toyota Hilux I saw on television. Until then I thought he'd been out of business for years.

His website is now just spam, but there's some posts on Facebook.

Last edited: