WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Legoland

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Taking the family there Friday. Never been. Is this gonna be fun for a 3 1/2 year old kid? Is there rides she can go on? Don't know much about the place. Any tips on how to do the place right so I don't waste more money than I already am on it? Lol

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
This place was sooooo lame back in the day. I know they've added a bunch of rides and stuff.....you probably will be bored, but your girl will love it. :D

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
This place was sooooo lame back in the day. I know they've added a bunch of rides and stuff.....you probably will be bored, but your girl will love it. :D

I can deal with boredom if she's having a good time. They're doing the whole so cal amusement park tour in the next 3 weeks. This is probably the only one I'll be attending with them so I just wanna make sure the kid will enjoy it. I already know she's gonna love Disneyland next week.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Taking the family there Friday. Never been. Is this gonna be fun for a 3 1/2 year old kid? Is there rides she can go on? Don't know much about the place. Any tips on how to do the place right so I don't waste more money than I already am on it? Lol

I think my nephew was about that when we took him, he had a blast. The best part was the car track, the little cars weren't on rails or anything, full steering and gas pedal and stuff, designed for that age though. Staff was really good about getting the kids pointed the right direction and being patient, it was pretty cool to see the kid light up when it all made sense on how to control the car.

fishing fool

Reaction score
Yes she will love it. Lego land is made for younger kids. We had passes two years ago, you will be standing in lines most of the day..lol Make sure you bring your own snacks for her.

SCBLLC

Reaction score

X2, it sux. Knuckle Berry Farms would be a better choice. Knottsberry .

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
X2, it sux. Knuckle Berry Farms would be a better choice. Knottsberry .

Disneyland and Knotts are on the list. Personally Knotts is my favorite. I'm not gonna make the Disney trip but I might take the day off when they go to Knotts. Or just drive myself so I can leave before them so I can make it to work that night.

RiverReality

Reaction score
Legoland is definitely geared toward the younger kids. Your daughter will have a blast. Best advice: take a flask.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
She will enjoy it for sure! That place is for 3 to 11 yr olds. Lots of cool shit that will blow ur mind also. All the decorations around the park are make from Legos and very detailed. She is a big 3 and a half. She will be able to do a lot on her own. Driving the cars is a kid favorite. Hit it early. Lots of hands on workshop type things also. Make sure the wife has wipes.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I don't think the lines are bad, certainly not Disneylike. But go early. It is great for little kids.

TrojanDan

Reaction score
There's a lot of rides in the 3-7 year old range. After that age, rides may get boring for them. The water park is pretty cool. They just opened a new Chima water park as well. That's an extra charge on top of the regular admission. I stayed at the hotel in May for my 6 year old's birthday. They have a special "hotel guest" entrance to the park maybe 50' to the left of the main gates. They allow hotel guests entrance to the park an hour before everyone else. They never asked for a hotel key or anything like that. There was just someone taking your ticket to allow you in. We probably rode about 15 rides in that first hour. Many of them over and over. I can't take more than 3 hours of that place then the lines get long for a 45-60 second ride. Get there an hour early, get in as many rides as possible, then hang out at the water park.

When you get to the front parking gates, tell them you are staying in the hotel. If you don't have a reservation, just B.S. them and pay the fee. When you get to the hotel, park valet and you are just one lobby/bar steps to the front gate. Valet may be free. I don't remember. You just need to pay the parking entrance. :cool

boatnut4680

Reaction score
out here on the east coast legoland is my HUGE containers of legos from when I was a kid. Wife and I don't have any kids, but we have plenty in our lives. I always break out the legos when kids are around and we build tons of cool stuff. Never gets old for me!

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
Take your board shorts and spend most of your time in the water park.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I hate amusement parks including this one... But... My 5 year old daughter loves it.

Probably the most geared for 3-7 maybe 8 years old. I think she'll really enjoy herself.

I was actually pretty surprised at how good the food was too. Actually a decent food court for an amusement park.

This is about the only amusement park I enjoy because she has so much fun.

EDIT:

Bring bathing suits. As said earlier... The water park is a ton of fun.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Disneyland - We took our 3-4yr old there. We saw short lines at the Matterhorn and started with that. She wasn't at all impressed with the Yeti at the top of the climb. Next was Pirates of the Caribbean, lots of swords, flames and cannons - not good. Close by was the Haunted Mansion - she sure as hell didn't like that. She was ready to bail out of the whole deal. So we went over to Small World and Dumbo. Made her day. Dumb shits we were, should have started with those.

Mrs.Racer277

SOCIAL
Reaction score
You should talk to Tina she just had Mariska there today. (she is 6 now) From the pics she looked like she was having a great time :thumbsup:)

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
You should talk to Tina she just had Mariska there today. (she is 6 now) From the pics she looked like she was having a great time :thumbsup:)

I haven't talked to them in forever. I should have my wife give her a call. Been too long. Crazy how life gets so busy.

Mrs.Racer277

SOCIAL
Reaction score
I haven't talked to them in forever. I should have my wife give her a call. Been too long. Crazy how life gets so busy.

You should :thumbsup

BTW the oldest Geza jr is starting college this year 18. And the youngest monster Andras is 16

HEY YOU

Reaction score
Do the water park also, Lego Land is small, so the water park helps to keep the day going.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Do the water park also, Lego Land is small, so the water park helps to keep the day going.

My wife isn't much of the water park type. Honestly neither am I. Something gross about a million kids pissing in the water. Lol

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
My wife isn't much of the water park type. Honestly neither am I. Something gross about a million kids pissing in the water. Lol

Bildoe told me the same thing.
So I put it to Riverbound this way:

OK, they just filled the pool up and 6 playmates of the month jump in.
They all pee.
Would you jump in then?
"Head first" was Bildoes answer.

WYRD

Reaction score
Bildoe told me the same thing.
So I put it to Riverbound this way:

OK, they just filled the pool up and 6 playmates of the month jump in.
They all pee.
Would you jump in then?
"Head first" was Bildoes answer.
Typical bill...🤣

Reactions: TPC

cakemoto

Reaction score
I’m actually headed here for the first time within the next two weeks to take the kid for his five-year-old birthday anyone been recently I need dues or don’ts looking for dinner around that area on Friday night also if anyone can recommend.thanks

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I’m actually headed here for the first time within the next two weeks to take the kid for his five-year-old birthday anyone been recently I need dues or don’ts looking for dinner around that area on Friday night also if anyone can recommend.thanks
AAA tickets or search for a coupon.

Singleton

Reaction score

Avoid Carlsbad Day @ Legoland on Feb 29.
Place is overcrowded since Carlsbad residents get $30 tickets.

Dinner Options - all kid friendly
- Pizza Port Carlsbad Village
- Park 101 (BBQ and Beer)
- Norte Mexican Food

I live across the lagoon from Legoland, so if you need beach stuff (boogie board, surf boards, umbrella, etc), let me know. Have all that stuff in my garage and you can borrow it if needed.

Last edited:

WYRD

Reaction score

- Norte Mexican Food

I live across the lagoon from Legoland, so if you need beach stuff (boogie board, surf boards, umbrella, etc), let me know. Have all that stuff in my garage and you can borrow it if needed.
Good to know abour Feb 29th thanks. Are they still doing the hotel guest early entry?

707dog

Reaction score
go early wear comfy shoes and enjoy she will have a blast my kids were 7-10 when we went it was the weekend after the water park opened we ended up giving in and let them have at it up at the end of the day. as a parent that played with legos as a kid i had a good time so much cool stuff to check out the workshops are cool too

Cdog

Reaction score
Just go ahead and kick yourself in the balls and get it over with. Lol! Sure glad my kids are over that place. Haha!!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

- Norte Mexican Food

Karl Strauss is a short walk across the street from Legoland too

Tip top meats is right down the street though. Great German food & beer. Definitely go there.
Big John is a family friend, dude is pushing 90.
Steak&Stein is my favorite, you can pick out a steak for yourself at the deli for them to cook. Best red cabbage on the earth....YUM!

cakemoto

Reaction score
we are going 27,28. Thanks for the info guys

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
We went and stayed at the LEGO land hotel. Kids screaming and running up/down the halls all night. Whole place smelled like nacho cheese and corn dogs. The room was okay, themed pirate style in legos and the kids loved it but I could’ve done without it and it was waaaaaay overpriced. Same deal with the park. If your kids are into legos theyll think it’s amazing.

cakemoto

Reaction score
We also are staying at the hotel Thursday and Friday night.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
We also are staying at the hotel Thursday and Friday night.

there’s a restaurant over in the fantasy castle that’s a little better. Breakfast is pretty good in the original hotel free each day. Play area is over in the fantasy castle along with a movie night, comedy show, etc. you’ll love the elevator and don’t forget to do the treasure hunt each night to unlock your treasure box in your room and get some gifts. If it’s for a birthday you can still get em to bring out a little treat at the restaurants without having to pay for the “birthday package.”

RVRKID

Reaction score
I took my son last year, we left the house Thurs morning went straight to the park and hung at the park did a bunch of rides and hung out in the waterpark until about 3 and he was ready to head to our hotel. We got a deal with the Lake House Hotel in San Marcos so we rolled there, it wasn't to far and was nice to be away from the park. Got up the next morning stopped and had breakfast and headed to the park, we got there to get in with our early ticket and hauled ass to the ride that was most crowded the day before(which I think was Ninjago) we then finished most rides we didn't hit Thurs then back to the water park. He was ready to roll about 2-2:30 and we were home and I was having a beer by 4:30.😁 When we got there I went to the pool are and grabbed a locker so I could put my backpack and stuff in and then ventured out to the rides. He loved meeting all the LEGO characters around the park.
EDC58FA6-A40F-469E-B119-2E6782FDA122.jpeg

cakemoto

Reaction score
Thanks for the Info guys. Was a fun trip.. great weather last 2 days.great food Recommendations.
880E6540-2D42-44E4-94CF-CE341C3AED57.jpeg
880E6540-2D42-44E4-94CF-CE341C3AED57.jpeg
E2CFDB7B-75E9-4DE4-98B6-C48B20BBF05B.jpeg
BAF17429-BD05-4D58-A1B7-7FC45B7DF7CC.jpeg