WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Leno's New Toy: The Bentley Meteor

U4ia

Reaction score
I was driving on The Snake yesterday morning in my Lotus 11 replica and I ran into Jay up at the Lookout. I didn't have my phone, but I found a story with pics about the car. He said it was easy to drive, power steering, 850hp and who knows how much torque! The tach was redlined at 2500 and he said that at 75 it was turning 1000rpm.

Here's the car: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-500-000-Top-Gear-stars-wince-fuel-bills.html. BTW, it was on Top Gear a few seasons back too. Contrary to the article, it has a Meteor engine from a tank as opposed to a Merlin from a Spitfire, according to Jay.

Oh yeah, it sounded pretty good too......

Tank

Reaction score
He's had that ride for a long time. He used to drive it to the rock store routinely about 5-7 years ago when he first got it. I agree, it's just silly bad azz!

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Teal-ish 11? Looked awesome on the trailer if so.

U4ia

Reaction score
Jay has several aero-engined cars, this one was put up for auction by Bob Peterson, the builder, in Nov. 2012 when he bought it. My 11 rep is currently yellow with chrome wires, but I am planning on painting it later this summer. The weather has been too nice to take it off of the road and its supposed to be in the mid 80's this weekend. I might run up the Crest to Newcombe's Ranch for a brunch.

SuperJet

Reaction score
U4ia if you don't mind, could you throw up some pics of your car? I dig those cars. My Dad recently picked up a Westfield Seven, Pre-Litigation car.(superseven) Its a cool little go kart lol

RC

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Jay has several aero-engined cars, this one was put up for auction by Bob Peterson, the builder, in Nov. 2012 when he bought it. My 11 rep is currently yellow with chrome wires, but I am planning on painting it later this summer. The weather has been too nice to take it off of the road and its supposed to be in the mid 80's this weekend. I might run up the Crest to Newcombe's Ranch for a brunch.

Very cool! I'd like to have a Caterham seven myself.