WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Less Expensive Ledge Lounger Options?

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Our new pool is almost finished and we have a nice wet deck that has about 9" of water on it. We want to get a set of Ledge Lounger style chairs, but damn I am struggling to put out 1300.00 for set of these stupid plastic chairs. Anything thing out there similar for less money?

659.00 Each.

727.00 Each.

Over a grand! WTH?

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
In before the “You get what you pay for!” and “Using your PPP funds for lounge chairs eh?” comments.

haha, get what you pay for. I could see these things being 150 to 250 each, but I think they are just molded plastic (but don't hold me to that). I am surprised there is nothing cheaper out there. Maybe I am missing something. To be fair, I have never really looked at them closely, so I can't really say what the quality looks like.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
haha, get what you pay for. I could see these things being 150 to 250 each, but I think they are just molded plastic (but don't hold me to that). I am surprised there is nothing cheaper out there. Maybe I am missing something. To be fair, I have never really looked at them closely, so I can't really say what the quality looks like.
you have a pool, you must be rich.

Socalx09

Reaction score

Have these for the new pool in the Baja shelf. They are out of stock though. But, are more affordable if you can find them.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score

Have these for the new pool in the Baja shelf. They are out of stock though. But, are more affordable if you can find them.

Those are perfect but they have to be white. Our pool and house is very modern looking and brown just wouldn't go. But definitely headed in the right direction. Thanks!!!!!

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Those look cool but we don't want to sit in the water all the time especially when it starts cooling off
These don't hurt the plaster and the backs are adjustable. 4 years old and $50 each at lowes
33776652_10209364025978130_1401919935784943616_o.jpg

Socalx09

Reaction score

Sigus

Above the wet spot
Reaction score
We spent big bucks on a couple of Baja shelve loungers and never use them they look cool but aren’t very comfortable. Good luck with your search.

I think ours are made by tropotone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

grumpy88

Reaction score
I need 4 of these too ! One day . Slowest pool build ever going on at our house . Please let me know how they work out comfort wise

charred1

Reaction score
Those are perfect but they have to be white. Our pool and house is very modern looking and brown just wouldn't go. But definitely headed in the right direction. Thanks!!!!!
Those are garbage! We were in the same boat last year...trying to find Baja shelf loungers, but didn’t want to spend the coin on the good ones. Bought the Sonoma swimways in white...barely lasted through the summer. Soft spots, edges started to fail and collapse and to be honest, just wasn’t comfortable to sit on. Still trying to find the right lounger and the right price...some of the pictures peeps posted above might be the answer.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
The concrete ones installed by the pool builder look awesome but are terribly uncomfortable, we just keep a stack of cheap plastic Adirondacks in the corner and toss them onto the baja shelf when needed.
Exactly what the wife does and she loves it. She can sit there for hours reading. I do on occasion have to fish them out of the deep end like last night after old man wind came though. 😁

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
We did the the whole banana loungers (frames filled up with water and rusted), Tommy Bahama recliners (retained water no matter how much you drain) and finally ended up with a basic Adirondack chair you can buy almost anywhere in any color. 3 years in and holding up well. If you get bored with the color you can buy new ones for $10-$30 depending on where you go. The thing that you have to think about is you want to be able to be lying with someone else and still have eye contact without lifting your head. 2cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Well, its 145 degrees here so we really like the Ledge Lounger idea where you can have a thin layer of water over you.

Thanks for all the replies folks. Pool will be done hopefully in three weeks or less. Broke as a heck roght now so probably not buying anything for a bit.

Bails

Reaction score
My Shamu shelf is a little deeper. I got some Adirondack chairs made out of starboard that work great. Let me see if I can dig up a picture

Slick

Reaction score
Those look cool but we don't want to sit in the water all the time especially when it starts cooling off
These don't hurt the plaster and the backs are adjustable. 4 years old and $50 each at lowes
View attachment 912895
This is what we bought. Couldn’t find them anywhere. Finally located some at Ace Hardware on Kiowa. Now $79 a piece.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Shopping for these loungers right now and this thread came up in the top results on Google. The wonder of RDP! 😆 Anyway, anymore input on these? We built our ledge deeper (17") because it's hot AF here, so we knew we'd want to be mostly in the water.

I just want the best ones, not necessarily the cheapest. What say you, RDP?

Riley1

Reaction score
Shopping for these loungers right now and this thread came up in the top results on Google. The wonder of RDP! 😆 Anyway, anymore input on these? We built our ledge deeper (17") because it's hot AF here, so we knew we'd want to be mostly in the water.

We have used the plastic chairs mentioned above. They work while you are out. Do not leave them in the pool if it’s windy, and the sun destroys them.

I’m getting ready to spend the money on the real ones.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score

Have Racey make you some out of carbon fiber...

scottchbrite

Reaction score
My wife was looking at these. I don’t know anything about them though. Anyone have any input?

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Have you been happy with the quality?

We bit the bullet and bought a couple. Had to retuen one as it was defective. They are still not great but we gave up and are just living with them. The back heights (how much they lean are off 2 to 5 inches. So if you have more than one next to eachother, one looks shorter than the other by a lot. The first one we got was off a full 4.5 inches! The new one is about 2" off so still not great. I know they are just plastic molding but for aroumd 700.00 each they should be better.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I will never understand outdoor patio furniture pricing...crazy

I have 6 grey plastic Adirondack chairs i got from home depot for $24. They work perfect and we are on summer 2.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

I have 6 grey plastic Adirondack chairs i got from home depot for $24. They work perfect and we are on summer 2.

You got off easy on that one 🤣.

gqchris

Reaction score

Explain this to my wife:D Heaven forbid she sees something on TikTok!

Nordie

Reaction score

The wife and I looked at those at home depot a month or so ago to replace the 2 broken ones she bought from Ace a couple of years ago. The one stack the top 6 or 7 chairs the armrests were already broken. I told her that's a sign and we probably shouldn't buy them. We ended up with a steel frame wicker set that was marked down $200, making it like $400 or something. 2 chairs, a sofa deal, and a table.

Warparty36

Reaction score
I have the ledge loungers. I've never actually sat in one but they look good. Even when full of water, they try and float up some. You're correct, they're just roto molded plastic with 2 filler plugs.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I have the ledge loungers. I've never actually sat in one but they look good. Even when full of water, they try and float up some. You're correct, they're just roto molded plastic with 2 filler plugs.

Yeah, cool looking, but not comfy.
Funny this old thread popped up. So old we have had 4 ledge loungers and now building a new pool for our new home. Crazy how time flies.

Last edited:

Raffit78

Reaction score
We went with the Kai Shelf Loungers, they do have a drink holder spot near your leg, and a spot to set your cell phone closer to the right top of the loungers. They've held up really well, when full with water, they do not move at all.

Attachments

• IMG_5880.JPG
    IMG_5880.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 77
  • 70450243636__F2FF285E-E904-4CF9-90F5-857BA25E95A7.JPG
    70450243636__F2FF285E-E904-4CF9-90F5-857BA25E95A7.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 76

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Yeah, cool looking, but not comfy.
Funny this old thread popped up. So old we have had 4 ledge loungers and now building a new pool for our new home. Crazy how time flies.
It got revived by a bot, then deleted.😂